SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I tried these settings, and still get stuttering.

I recently installed another FusionHDTV 5 Lite in my system, and now the stuttering seems to be slightly different.

Now, instead of just video stuttering, I have both video and audio stuttering at the same time.

Is this a different symptom? I get NO stuttering at all when recording from my PVR-500. CPU usage when playing HD content back is less than 30%.

Could inserting a 3.5dB loss (splitter) have that great of an effect if I had 100% channel reception on the channel in question?
So let me get this straight, you now have two fusion cards and it all worked fine with just one? Try viewing an old HD recording from a time before you added the second fusion. If that plays back fine, then there is some problem other than with the video card or cpu.

You could check your signal strength with and without the splitter. Try it just on the new fusion then just on the old, see if the stuttering is related to one card or the other, or the signal strength.

Of course Im sure you probably already have 64k cluster sizes and defrag regularly, that can contribute if not. The stuttering I have seen has always been related to just video. When I have had poor signal strenght its more of a complete drop out, or bad pixelation. Usually the audio is ok though.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Sage Icon

Well, it's hard to say. I probably shouldn't have added to the confusion of adding another HD card, but I really needed to have it installed before the fall season starts (got two 500GB drives on the way too!)

Well, the "original" problem was stuttering only in video, however it was really bad. This "current" stuttering is both audio/video, but only for like half second spurts. Other than that it is fine. You usually just miss half of a word or something, once in a while (still annoying). I changed my decoder to automatic, and set the MPEG2 decoders to default in Sage, and so far, haven't seen the really bad stuttering I used to have, well, I think. Won't know for sure until tomorrow, when So you think you can Dance records.

I think the new problem is related to signal strength. I used to have 100% on Fox, now I'm dropping down sometimes to ~85%, and even had 3 out of 50 low signal warnings. I'm going to Radio Shack tomorrow to get an inline amplifier (they make one that has a "power injector," so that you can install the actual amplifier at the antenna, but plug in your power source near the TV (it sends the DC up the coax, to the amplifier (which of course, strips the DC before it makes it to the antenna), and the inverter keeps the DC from hitting the tuner cards)). Wow, 2 embedded () in that sentence...if you can call it that.

Hopefully, with the amplifier, that will fix "all" my problems. We'll see.

The funny thing is, that Letterman seems to come in crystal clear, no stuttering at all...but that is a different channel, and it's late at night (maybe heat has something to do with receiving the signal)...
Old 08-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The funny thing is, that Letterman seems to come in crystal clear, no stuttering at all...but that is a different channel, and it's late at night (maybe heat has something to do with receiving the signal)...
It could easily be signal strength or quality. But sometimes different stations broadcast at different quality levels, which would effect the amount of work your computer has to do.

Also try running sage in a window. Shrink the window size down really small, if the stuttering clears up, then its likely your video card. If it doesn't then the problem is likely in the recording itself, I.e. your signal quality was low when you recorded it.

If its the graphics card, then read through my earlier post about increasing the graphics core speed. Thats what ultimately fixed my problem.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Sage Icon

Good points. I picked up the Radio Shack 15-1170 at lunch today, although a RS salesman was reluctant to sell it, instead of another, because he said so many people end up returning it. I'm banking on the fact that it's slightly more complicated to setup than your standard coax amplifier...but we'll see. I plan on measuring signal strength of several channels before and after the addition of the amplifier.

After that, if I still have video problems, I'll look more towards the video card. Considering these problems also involve sound problems, I am leaning away from the video card, not to mention that I never had audio problems until splitting the OTA feed from the antenna, and installing the second Fusion card.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Sage Icon

Well, no one should buy that worthless piece of junk. After hooking everything up correctly (yes, I actually read the instructions), I got ZERO improvement in my signal. Basically, I had the same dB reading as I did without the amplifier.

It's going back tomorrow, and I'll get the other one that was recommended. Guess those RS guys seem to know what they are talking about.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:28 AM
Sage Icon

New Problems

Okay. I put a new FusionHDTV 5 Lite in my system a couple weeks ago, and since then, not sure if it was related or not, but am now getting very frequent stuttering. (I should point out, that I've removed the splitter, and am using only the original card, so the cable loss due to splitting is now back to normal.)

The stuttering lasts about 0.25 to 0.5 seconds, is in both sound and video, and happens frequently (several times a minute).

I've tried 3 versions of Java, which did not make a difference at all.

I've tried 2 versions of the DViCO FusionHDTV drivers, and neither made a difference.

The problem does appear to be with recording the file, because the stuttering exists if I play the file in WMP, and if I rewind, the stutter is in the same place. Nothing is running in the background to cause an excessive CPU performance issue.

Does anyone have any ideas to try? Maybe just removing the second card, and seeing if that fixes the issue?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Sage Fanatic

So you have 2 fusions now? I only have one DVICO and it is the usb2.0 version. (don't know if that matters) I get symptoms like that with degraded signal quality. I suppose it could also have to do with your disk access speed. I'm not sure of your hardware configuration but if both your fusions are trying to write to disk at the same time you could be over running your pci bandwidth or write speed or something.

Like I said above, if it is still choppy when playing in a small window, its probably a problem with your recording. Either the signal quality recorded or a hardware limitation or fault.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

GeoGecko,
I looked at your HTPC build on your website. It looks like your setup is more modern than mine so I doubt its a bandwidth issue. Check your disk fragmentation, and make sure you have the latest chipset drivers etc. for your motherboard.

I might leave the new card in and take out the old one and see if it is the new hardware or a complication of having two. Also switch the antenna's. Give the new card the same setup your old card had,. I.e. no splitters in the line.

That should help you narrow down where the problem may be. Who knows, moving the tuner to a different card slot might help.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, I was thinking the card slot thing could be an issue, problem is, I'm fresh out of PCI slots now!

I could try switching the PVR-500 with one of the Fusion cards, and see if that makes a difference.

I'm also going to pull out the new card, and at least see if I can get the same performance I used to have until the upgrade.

Those are all good suggestions. I'll have to give them a shot tonight or tomorrow. I tried another pre-amp from channel master, but that did not help my results, so I also have a distribution amplifier (not really a distribution amplifier, since it only had one output, but I guess it's different from a pre-amp, in where it does the amplification). So, we'll see if that does anything.

The only strange thing, is that it doesn't seem to depend on which channel it's on. So that's why I'm thinking it's a hardware issue, possibly.

The drive that is being used to record on right now, hardly has anything on it (like 5% full). And I think you're right, it's not a BW issue, because that was the only tuner recording at the time (not both of them).

Hmm...I wonder though. I am now setup with a mass storage case, where the drives are located in another case, with a 2 meter multi-lane cable between them. I probably should have done some hard drive bandwidth tests before putting the drives in the other case, and then afterwards, to see if the length of the SATA path compromises the BW any... Could be a possibility.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like another long night, tonight! HTPCers never sleep, do they?
Old 08-11-2006, 05:55 PM
Sage Icon

Well, it does not appear to be a problem with having two cards in the system. Having just what I had before still causes problems.

I just noticed today, that it appears to be worse on some channels, and almost non-existant on other channels. Maybe it could just be a broadcast problem or reception problem? Seems strange, as nothing as far as my antenna and cabling has changed (removed the pre-amp that I tried).

I'm not sure what to do now. Maybe when my distribution amp gets here, that may help. I know that the channel with the most problems, has the lower dB signal of the others...
Old 08-12-2006, 09:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Seems strange, as nothing as far as my antenna and cabling has changed (removed the pre-amp that I tried).
Did you add/change any splitters to connect the new tuner?
Old 08-12-2006, 11:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay. I put a new FusionHDTV 5 Lite in my system a couple weeks ago, and since then, not sure if it was related or not, but am now getting very frequent stuttering. (I should point out, that I've removed the splitter, and am using only the original card, so the cable loss due to splitting is now back to normal.)

The stuttering lasts about 0.25 to 0.5 seconds, is in both sound and video, and happens frequently (several times a minute).

I've tried 3 versions of Java, which did not make a difference at all.

I've tried 2 versions of the DViCO FusionHDTV drivers, and neither made a difference.

The problem does appear to be with recording the file, because the stuttering exists if I play the file in WMP, and if I rewind, the stutter is in the same place. Nothing is running in the background to cause an excessive CPU performance issue.

Does anyone have any ideas to try? Maybe just removing the second card, and seeing if that fixes the issue?
Here's my config info which is working well, no stuttering:

Code:
Pentium 2.8 HT
ABIT IC-MAX3 875 Chipset
Windows XP Pro SP2
Java 1.4.2_12

1.5 GB RAM
2 300GB HDs- IDE Non Raid 64K clusters

Geforce 6600GT - 91.31 06/23/2006 
--Using VMR9 in FSE
--Output set to 1920*1080i over component to Pioneer 710HD
--Overscan correction done with SageTV

2 PVR-500 - 2.0.43.24073 3/14/2006
1 DVICO FusionHDTV 5 Lite
---BDA Receiver 5.1.12.1   5/24/2003
---BDA Tuner     4.0.102.0 2/13/2004
1 DVICO FusionHDTV 5 Gold RT
---BDA Receiver 5.1.12.1   5/24/2003
---BDA Tuner     4.0.102.0 2/13/2004

2 Sage MVP (Both units: Model 86001 Revision D3A Lot 4303)
1 Placeshifter License

Sage 5.0.4
Nvidia Platinum Decoder for video - 1.02-223 06/28/2006
Sonic DVD Decoder for audio - 2.3.1 
(I found the Sonic decoder does a better job at audio leveling for the HD and SD channels.)
I can provide slot info if desired. No amp on the HD antenna, roof mount about 30 mi to towers.

hih

B

Last edited by bcjenkins; 08-12-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Did you add/change any splitters to connect the new tuner?
Yes, but afterwards, I removed the tuner, removed the splitter, back to my original configuration, and the stuttering was still there.

What do you guys normally see as far as signal strengths? Here is my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Here's my config info which is working well, no stuttering:
Interesting. I wonder if extra system RAM helps as all? I only have 1GB, and when Sage is running, I'm showing about 75-85% usage.

I have the same driver versions, etc. The only major thing, is that I'm using Java 1.5.0_8. I think I'm using some plugins that require Java 1.5...but, if it fixed my video, I might be willing to give them up.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

What did you use to generate the scan numbers? I only installed the drivers for the cards, none of the tools.

TIA

B
Old 08-13-2006, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

I had some issues recording on my machine until I bumped the server up to 2g memory. Are you by any chance using any sort of comskip on the machine you record on? That also caused some issues until I got the dual Xeon 2.8, now everything runs pretty well perfect (well, except one of my clients seems to be particualarly slow, but I understand that it's a 5.0.4 issue).
Old 08-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
What did you use to generate the scan numbers? I only installed the drivers for the cards, none of the tools.

TIA

B
I used the Signal Checker software as part of the FusionHDTV software. (I of course, disable the Fusion software and remote software, after installing, but the Signal Checker software is nice).

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
I had some issues recording on my machine until I bumped the server up to 2g memory. Are you by any chance using any sort of comskip on the machine you record on? That also caused some issues until I got the dual Xeon 2.8, now everything runs pretty well perfect (well, except one of my clients seems to be particualarly slow, but I understand that it's a 5.0.4 issue).
That's interesting. I'm using ShowAnalyzer, but for the tests, I made sure SA wasn't running. I actually have turned off SA for processing, until the file is finished, so I don't get any additional CPU load during a show.

So you think I would need more than 1GB of RAM to fix the issue? I'm just surprised, because this all of a sudden started. Unless the newer versions of sage are becoming memory hogs.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Channel Scan

Well.. I installed the software, copied percentages, but not signal level. Anyways, I noticed my percents are much higher. Do you have a decent antenna? What is your distance?

FWIW I hired a company to come out and do my install because I didn't want to walk around on my 3+ story house (walk out basement)

I had already uninstalled the software (I like to keep system clean)

Here's the output from a winmsd export for IRQ sharing, etc. Fusion cards are in slots 3 and 6 on my MB

Code:
System Information report written at: 08/13/06 23:27:38
System Name: MEDIACENTER
[Hardware Resources]

[Conflicts/Sharing]

Resource	Device	
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7	PCI bus	
I/O Port 0x00000000-0x00000CF7	Direct memory access controller	

IRQ 20	FusionHDTV, WDM Video Capture	
IRQ 20	FusionHDTV, BDA Receiver(ATSC-A)	

I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	

Memory Address 0xD8000000-0xDFFFFFFF	PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge	
Memory Address 0xD8000000-0xDFFFFFFF	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 1)	

Memory Address 0xE8000000-0xEAFFFFFF	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	
Memory Address 0xE8000000-0xEAFFFFFF	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	

IRQ 23	Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD	
IRQ 23	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 2)	
IRQ 23	FusionHDTV 88x, WDM Video Capture (NTSC)	
IRQ 23	FusionHDTV 881, WDM Audio Capture	
IRQ 23	FusionHDTV 88x, BDA Receiver(ATSC-A)	

I/O Port 0x00009000-0x00009FFF	Intel(R) 82875P/E7210 Processor to PCI to CSA bridge - 257B	
I/O Port 0x00009000-0x00009FFF	Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection	

IRQ 16	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	
IRQ 16	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2	
IRQ 16	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE	

IRQ 17	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 1)	
IRQ 17	Realtek AC'97 Audio	

Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xD7FFFFFF	PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge	
Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xD7FFFFFF	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 1)	

Memory Address 0xEB000000-0xEB0FFFFF	Intel(R) 82875P/E7210 Processor to PCI to CSA bridge - 257B	
Memory Address 0xEB000000-0xEB0FFFFF	Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection	

IRQ 18	Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection	
IRQ 18	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7	
IRQ 18	Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller	
IRQ 18	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 2)	

Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	
Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	

Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF	PCI bus	
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	

I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	

[DMA]

Resource	Device	Status	
Channel 4	Direct memory access controller	OK	
Channel 2	Standard floppy disk controller	OK	

[Forced Hardware]

Device	PNP Device ID	

[I/O]

Resource	Device	Status	
0x00000000-0x00000CF7	PCI bus	OK	
0x00000000-0x00000CF7	Direct memory access controller	OK	
0x00000D00-0x0000FFFF	PCI bus	OK	
0x000003B0-0x000003BB	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	OK	
0x000003B0-0x000003BB	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	OK	
0x000003C0-0x000003DF	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	OK	
0x000003C0-0x000003DF	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	OK	
0x00009000-0x00009FFF	Intel(R) 82875P/E7210 Processor to PCI to CSA bridge - 257B	OK	
0x00009000-0x00009FFF	Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection	OK	
0x0000A000-0x0000A01F	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2	OK	
0x0000A400-0x0000A41F	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4	OK	
0x0000A800-0x0000A81F	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7	OK	
0x0000AC00-0x0000AC1F	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE	OK	
0x00000279-0x00000279	ISAPNP Read Data Port	OK	
0x00000274-0x00000277	ISAPNP Read Data Port	OK	
0x00000010-0x0000001F	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000022-0x0000003F	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000044-0x0000005F	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000062-0x00000063	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000065-0x0000006F	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000074-0x0000007F	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000091-0x00000093	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x000000A2-0x000000BF	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x000000E0-0x000000EF	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000B78-0x00000B7B	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000F78-0x00000F7B	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000A78-0x00000A7B	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000E78-0x00000E7B	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000BBC-0x00000BBF	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000FBC-0x00000FBF	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x000004D0-0x000004D1	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000294-0x00000297	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000020-0x00000021	Programmable interrupt controller	OK	
0x000000A0-0x000000A1	Programmable interrupt controller	OK	
0x00000080-0x00000090	Direct memory access controller	OK	
0x00000094-0x0000009F	Direct memory access controller	OK	
0x000000C0-0x000000DF	Direct memory access controller	OK	
0x00000040-0x00000043	System timer	OK	
0x00000070-0x00000073	System CMOS/real time clock	OK	
0x00000061-0x00000061	System speaker	OK	
0x000000F0-0x000000FF	Numeric data processor	OK	
0x000003F0-0x000003F5	Standard floppy disk controller	OK	
0x000003F7-0x000003F7	Standard floppy disk controller	OK	
0x00000060-0x00000060	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000064-0x00000064	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x00000400-0x000004BF	Motherboard resources	OK	
0x0000F000-0x0000F00F	Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers	OK	
0x000001F0-0x000001F7	Primary IDE Channel	OK	
0x000003F6-0x000003F6	Primary IDE Channel	OK	
0x00000170-0x00000177	Secondary IDE Channel	OK	
0x00000376-0x00000376	Secondary IDE Channel	OK	
0x00000500-0x0000051F	Intel(R) 82801EB SMBus Controller - 24D3	OK	
0x0000B400-0x0000B4FF	Realtek AC'97 Audio	OK	
0x0000B800-0x0000B83F	Realtek AC'97 Audio	OK	

[IRQs]

Resource	Device	Status	
IRQ 9	Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System	OK	
IRQ 16	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	OK	
IRQ 16	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2	OK	
IRQ 16	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE	OK	
IRQ 18	Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection	OK	
IRQ 18	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D7	OK	
IRQ 18	Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller	OK	
IRQ 18	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 2)	OK	
IRQ 19	Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4	OK	
IRQ 23	Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD	OK	
IRQ 23	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 2)	OK	
IRQ 23	FusionHDTV 88x, WDM Video Capture (NTSC)	OK	
IRQ 23	FusionHDTV 881, WDM Audio Capture	OK	
IRQ 23	FusionHDTV 88x, BDA Receiver(ATSC-A)	OK	
IRQ 20	FusionHDTV, WDM Video Capture	OK	
IRQ 20	FusionHDTV, BDA Receiver(ATSC-A)	OK	
IRQ 22	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 1)	OK	
IRQ 17	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 1)	OK	
IRQ 17	Realtek AC'97 Audio	OK	
IRQ 0	System timer	OK	
IRQ 8	System CMOS/real time clock	OK	
IRQ 13	Numeric data processor	OK	
IRQ 6	Standard floppy disk controller	OK	
IRQ 14	Primary IDE Channel	OK	
IRQ 15	Secondary IDE Channel	OK	
IRQ 5	Intel(R) 82801EB SMBus Controller - 24D3	OK	

[Memory]

Resource	Device	Status	
0xA0000-0xBFFFF	PCI bus	OK	
0xA0000-0xBFFFF	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	OK	
0xA0000-0xBFFFF	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	OK	
0xC0000-0xDFFFF	PCI bus	OK	
0x60000000-0xFEBFFFFF	PCI bus	OK	
0xE8000000-0xEAFFFFFF	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	OK	
0xE8000000-0xEAFFFFFF	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	OK	
0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	OK	
0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	OK	
0xB0000000-0xBFFFFFFF	Intel(R) 82875P Processor to AGP Controller - 2579	OK	
0xE9000000-0xE9FFFFFF	NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 	OK	
0xEB000000-0xEB0FFFFF	Intel(R) 82875P/E7210 Processor to PCI to CSA bridge - 257B	OK	
0xEB000000-0xEB0FFFFF	Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection	OK	
0xEB100000-0xEB1003FF	Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD	OK	
0xE7004000-0xE70047FF	Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller	OK	
0xE7000000-0xE7003FFF	Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller	OK	
0xE0000000-0xE0000FFF	FusionHDTV, WDM Video Capture	OK	
0xE0001000-0xE0001FFF	FusionHDTV, BDA Receiver(ATSC-A)	OK	
0xD0000000-0xD7FFFFFF	PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge	OK	
0xD0000000-0xD7FFFFFF	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 1)	OK	
0xD4000000-0xD7FFFFFF	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 2)	OK	
0xE4000000-0xE4FFFFFF	FusionHDTV 88x, WDM Video Capture (NTSC)	OK	
0xE5000000-0xE5FFFFFF	FusionHDTV 881, WDM Audio Capture	OK	
0xE6000000-0xE6FFFFFF	FusionHDTV 88x, BDA Receiver(ATSC-A)	OK	
0xD8000000-0xDFFFFFFF	PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge	OK	
0xD8000000-0xDFFFFFFF	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 1)	OK	
0xDC000000-0xDFFFFFFF	Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (23xxx) (Tuner 2)	OK	
0xFFB80000-0xFFBFFFFF	Intel(R) 82802 Firmware Hub Device	OK	
0xFEBFFC00-0xFEBFFFFF	Intel(R) 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers	OK	
0xEB101000-0xEB1011FF	Realtek AC'97 Audio	OK	
0xEB102000-0xEB1020FF	Realtek AC'97 Audio	OK	
0xD0000-0xD3FFF	System board	OK	
0xF0000-0xF7FFF	System board	OK	
0xF8000-0xFBFFF	System board	OK	
0xFC000-0xFFFFF	System board	OK	
0x5FFF0000-0x5FFFFFFF	System board	OK	
0x0000-0x9FFFF	System board	OK	
0x100000-0x5FFEFFFF	System board	OK	
0xFEC00000-0xFEC00FFF	System board	OK	
0xFEC01000-0xFED8FFFF	System board	OK	
0xFEE00000-0xFEE00FFF	System board	OK	
0xFFB00000-0xFFB7FFFF	System board	OK	
0xFFF00000-0xFFFFFFFF	System board	OK	
0xE0000-0xEFFFF	System board	OK
I hope this helps.

B
Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Sage Icon

That is interesting information.

I have an Antenna's Direct DB-8 in my attic. It is rated as being a long-range antenna, and I am 35 miles at the most, from the towers.

But it would appear that my percentages are not quite high enough.

I think I'm either going to have to go with a better antenna, or mount one outside. I don't think I really have the option to mount one outside, nor do I really want to do it myself.

I may need to move my antenna around a bit, and see if it's just an alignment issue.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That is interesting information.

I have an Antenna's Direct DB-8 in my attic. It is rated as being a long-range antenna, and I am 35 miles at the most, from the towers.

But it would appear that my percentages are not quite high enough.

I think I'm either going to have to go with a better antenna, or mount one outside. I don't think I really have the option to mount one outside, nor do I really want to do it myself.

I may need to move my antenna around a bit, and see if it's just an alignment issue.
The company I used to do my antenna install said I would take a 50% signal drop if I put it in my attic. I am not sure what you mean by not having an option of mounting one outside, but if it is HOA restrictions the FCC affords you the right to do so.

I have a ChannelMaster of some variety installed. The guy came out, used a signal meeter to determine best location and antenna, put it all in. I helped with some of the wiring work which saved me a little on the whole job. I went from jerky HD to great TV watching as a result. You could also have someone come out with a signal meter and help you with your current antenna. (pre-amp, or whatever else you may need)

HIH

B