SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Sage User

nVidia Purevideo problem

I purchased the nVidia Purevideo decoders (bronze) and have set my SageTV properties to use the nVidia decoders as the MPEG2 Video DEcoder Filter, the MPEG2 Audio Decoder FIlter, the DVD Video Decoder Filter and the DVD Audio Decoder Filter.

When I start watching live TV, or a DVD, the nVidia icon appears in my system tray. However, if I right-click on it and select Properties, nothing happens. Same thing if I double click on it. I can't seem to find a program group for nVidia, so no help there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have RadLight Filter Manager installed, if that can be used to help me, although I admit I'm a little unsure of where I should be looking in there.

Thanks.
Yamaha HTR-5920 | Energy Take 5.1 | Samsung LN32D450 via HDMI | Winegard Square Shooter
Old 03-12-2006, 06:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi CHughes,
As far as I know you must be using WMPlayer (not in full screen) and have a dvd or media file playing and you will get icon in tray. I am very surprised you have an icon while using Sage.
Randy

HD-200 extender, 37 in. lcd tv (HDMI)
Old 03-12-2006, 06:46 PM
SageTVaholic

If you select the Nvidia decoder by name you can't access the tray icon. If the Nvidia decoder is the default decoder, you can select default instead of Nvidia for the decoder and access the tray icon that way.

Or the easiest way is to just playback a mpeg file using windows media player and access the tray icon that way.