SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hauppauge MediaMVP and SageTV 4+

Could someone please confirm, as I understand SageTV 4+ has built in support for MVP and doesn't require the mvp plugin? If that is the case, how do you find version 4 compared to 2.8 (that's what I'm running at the moment and am looking at upgrading).
Thanks.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:58 AM
Administrator

The v4.1 announcement includes a link to the regular download page (v4.1.3), and yes it now has built-in support for the MVP.

However, I would consider using the latest beta (v4.1.9), since the betas have made improvements over the initial release. Is Australia PAL? If so, then you'll have to start with a version later than v4.1.3 anyway.

There is also a whole new forum for the this: SageTV Media Extender

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Since you asked...

I like v 4.x much better than 2.x. Some of the changes are less noticeable, but very much worth having. Stability is better as well, and CPU usage is down on my server. I find that running a little program I read about in the forums to increase SageTVService to higher priority has given me a perfectly stable MVP.

I use the current beta.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Opus4 and Tomahawk51. I'll get the latest version and see how it works. BTW is placeshifter the same thing as webserver plugin?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51
Since you asked...

I find that running a little program I read about in the forums to increase SageTVService to higher priority has given me a perfectly stable MVP.

I use the current beta.
Tomahawk51,

Could you please send me the url for downloading this program.
Thanks.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8dk97
BTW is placeshifter the same thing as webserver plugin?
No, it isn't the same thing. The placeshifter client is a 'regular' SageTV client that uses the same UI as on your server & other clients. It can use any STV that you want. In the default STV, there are only a few setup options that are different, but all the menus for recordings, program guide, favorites, etc., are all the same as the screen shots in the PDF manual. Plus, with transcoding, it can play your tv shows & so on over the internet.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
No, it isn't the same thing. The placeshifter client is a 'regular' SageTV client that uses the same UI as on your server & other clients. It can use any STV that you want. In the default STV, there are only a few setup options that are different, but all the menus for recordings, program guide, favorites, etc., are all the same as the screen shots in the PDF manual. Plus, with transcoding, it can play your tv shows & so on over the internet.

- Andy
Thank you.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8dk97
Tomahawk51,

Could you please send me the url for downloading this program.
Thanks.
Check out this thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...light=priority

Basically as suggested by some bright user, whom I can't recall, I set up a little tool that bumps the SAGETV Service to "Above Normal." Not sure this is really needed, but I like to be sure that apps like iTunes won't steal the show from Sage, etc.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you, I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51
Check out this thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...light=priority

Basically as suggested by some bright user, whom I can't recall, I set up a little tool that bumps the SAGETV Service to "Above Normal." Not sure this is really needed, but I like to be sure that apps like iTunes won't steal the show from Sage, etc.