SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Sage

Talking SageTV V4.1.10 Beta Is Available - More Placeshifting!

Happy St. Patrick's day to all! SageTV 4.1.10 Beta is now available.

SageTV V4.1.10 Release Notes 3/17/06

This is the fourth release to have Placeshifting. Here's the notes from the first release on it in case it's new to you:

Placeshifting adds a new client program that allows the user to connect to their SageTV system from anywhere on the Internet. The placeshifting client has the full SageTV UI and it can also stream live/recorded audio & video. It will be known as the SageTV Placeshifter.

This release also includes the Locator feature of SageTV which can be used with placeshifting. The Locator feature allows the Placeshifter to find the IP address of your home server automatically. It does this through a 16-digit unique ID that is generated by SageTV. You can find this ID in System Information or in Detailed Setup->Advanced. Information on disabling this feature is in the release notes.

There's a few things you should know about placeshifting:
1. To access your SageTV Server through the Internet with the Placeshifter you will need to open port 31099 on your firewall/router and forward it to the computer that is running the SageTV server.
2. To enable the placeshifting server in SageTV, simply enable the media extender server in Detailed Setup->Advanced.
3. IMPORTANT: The licensing for the Placeshifter is done on the server. It uses the same licensing as the SageTV Media Extender. They share the same trial period as well. After the trial is up you will need to have a Media Extender license installed on the server for each simultaneous connection you want to have for either a Media Extender or a Placeshifter.
4. The placeshifting server requires a username & password for any non-local connections. This can be set in Detailed Setup->Advanced.

That was the attempt to get you to read some of the more important release notes. And here's the download links:

SageTV
http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_V4_1_10Setup.exe

SageTV Client
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVClient_V4_1_10Setup.exe

SageTV Placeshifter
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVPlaces..._1_10Setup.exe

See this post for info about running just the placeshifter on a Windows PC w/o installing the full client. Or for running the Placeshifter on any Java-enabled platform (without video).

Core Updates
1. Bug fix where the Tab key event was being consumed.
2. Fixed isHwEncoder so it doesn't return true for Digital TV sources
3. Fixed bug where a newly added/updated Favorite wouldn't get scheduled until after a complete Profiler cycle had been run.
4. Added try/catch block around DX9 rendering code that'll reload the 3D core if it crashes in the native layer somehow.
5. Fixed bug with display list caching when using DirectX9 and VMR9 (this was done by disabling the caching). This is controlled by the property: ui/enable_display_list_vram_caching. It defaults to false and should be left that way.
6. Added EPG Data Soruce subproperty of disable_plugin which can be set to true to allow use of the EPG Plugin on some sources and not on others.
7. Disabled infinite wait for asynchornous O/S based image loading.
8. Fixed bug in MiniServer where it would have an NPE if there were no non-loopback connectcions on the machine.
9. Fixed bug in UI system where re-adding a component to a container didn't set the dirty flag for that hierarchy.
10. Fixed bug in table data caching where entries would sometimes displayed as null or empty.
11. Fixed bug in text layout code where the text wasn't always vertically aligned properly.
12. Updated Locator system to use server locator.sagetv.com and in the event it cannot reach that server, it will use locator2.sagetv.com
13. FIX: get TS file duration locks SageTV. TS file that can't be parsed by MpegDemux is yield to MSFT's media filter, media filter hangs most offen, so if it's TS stream file that MpegDemux can't work out, give up.
14. Fix: DixV Demux broken code that crashs SageTV or can't playback DixV PS file.
15. Added full support for the Windows MCE style remote controls (all of the buttons work now in SageTV)

Extender Updates
1. Fixed delay between extender connections so it doesn't effect media player connections at all.
2. Fixed bug where starting a ff or rew just after starting to playback media on the MVP would cause it to not drop frames correctly.
3. Added property push_thread_priority_offset (which defaults to 2) and is the offset below max for the pusher threads used for sending media to extenders/Placeshifters. This should fix local stuttering issues when serving up media to extenders.
4. Fixed bug on MVP where it wouldn't skip between multiple segments of a file correctly.
5. Fixed bug when doing smooth FF or REW on a multi-segment file it would reset the play rate when switching between segments.

Studio Updates
1. Bug fix for launching a file browser dialog when using the Studio that's running off an extender of Placeshifter session.
2. Added new "Passive" layout option to UI Widgets in Studio. This layout algorithm causes the component to have no effect on the parent sizing calculations. Only when it is sized in the final layout run will it actually be queried for it's size. This can be used for relative size components and is very useful for putting image icons inside of other things without having the native image size be used to size the component.
3. Fixed preferred sizing of image components set to obey their aspect ratio. Now they won't have extra space on the dimension that is limited by the aspect ratio.

Placeshifter Updates
1. Added support for full screen mode on the Placeshifter
2. Added asynchronous EOS updates from the Placeshifter
3. Modified stream rate estimation code so it converges better.
4. Fixed current media time updates for pull mode Placeshifter playback
5. Updated add server dialog so that it pre-populates the name field
6. Defaults are used for the name if possible when the user does not enter one
7. Fixed the OK & Cancel buttons in the Add Server dialog so they respond to Enter & Cancel in all of the fields.
8. Fixed bug with Java 1.4 Placeshifter clients who didn't calculate text width properly for bolded fonts
9. Fixed bug where LAN usage of the Placeshifter would cut off the right edge of an image when using uncompressed image transfers.
10. Fixed gradient painting in Placeshifter
11. Added support for colorkey blending (fake transparency) in the Placeshifter.
12. Added support for using an alternate port for connecting with the Placeshifter by specifying it for the server address.
13. Fixed bug where the Placeshifter would not remember the fixed audio bitrate setting.
14. Add server dialog comes up atuomatically at startup if no servers exist.
15. Updated so the Enter key will connect to the server that is selected in the list for the Placeshifter.
16. Fixed a bug in the Placeshifter where you could click enter a few times fast and it would try to spawn multiple connections which screwed it up.
17. Added a confirmation dialog when removing a server from the Placeshifter list.
18. Fixed seeking in music playback
19. Added Usernames to the login screen

STV Updates
1. Added ability to use numbers or letters to jump to lineup starting w/that letter during provider selection in Setup Wizard.
2. Added text to top show info area for scheduled recordings, showing the expected recording times; below the airing's title.
3. If an airing has a year, it is shown after the title in the top info area. (Thus movies show the year of release.)
4. Colored BG for grouped items depending on the category of the first item in the group.
5. Screen saver timeout period is reset when a photo slideshow autoadvances, in order to prevent screen saver interrupting long slide shows.
6. tvtv status menus: loads info in background so menu remains interactive.
7. Modified all text entry fields to use blinking cursor.
8. Enabled mouse clicks on NTE's fake buttons in Options menus.
9. Removed one-time notice about the Help menu when SageTV is first run.
10. Added Play and Record icons to options menu buttons that allow use of those commands as shortcuts to selecting those buttons.
11. Fixed DirecTV serial port number entry dialog when port is "Other".
12. Fixed some automatic variables to be defined variables in Photos menu, so they retain their values.
13. Added check mark icons to the new video/airing options menu layout for the Archived, Watched, and Don't Like buttons. New icons: MarkerChecked.png and MarkerUnChecked.png. (Thanks to ToxMox) With this change, the options menu has been switched to the new Basic/Advanced layout.

We hope you all enjoy. Please submit any bugs at http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html

Thanks again for your help!
Old 03-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Links need updating

It is great to get a project for the weekend!! I noticed the client/server links are still pointing to 4.1.9 and the Placeshifter link is pointing to 4.1.9 and does not appear to be valid!

Thanks, looking forward to some more testing!
Old 03-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Edit: and the download links should work now.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great improvements!!

Can someone there now just compile their mplayer on a mac and release a placeshifting client for the mac?? Isn't it really that simple since all the underpinnings of the placeshifting clients have OSX ports???
Old 03-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

A little help please with:

Quote:
6. Added EPG Data Soruce subproperty of disable_plugin which can be set to true to allow use of the EPG Plugin on some sources and not on others.
I have two sources set up with local digital EPG service from Sage. When I exit sage and sage service, I go to the properties, set the plugin to the xmltv plugin and set the disable_plugin to true. Now xmltv is the only source that is an option not Sage and xmltv. Obviously, I am missing something. Help!!
Old 03-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
A little help please with:

I have two sources set up with local digital EPG service from Sage. When I exit sage and sage service, I go to the properties, set the plugin to the xmltv plugin and set the disable_plugin to true. Now xmltv is the only source that is an option not Sage and xmltv. Obviously, I am missing something. Help!!
That property doesn't change the options that actually show up. It only affects what module is used to download the EPG data (whether it's SageTV's internal one or the specified EPG plugin). Previously, if you had specified an EPG plugin it was used to download the data for all of the lineups.

Hope that explains it better.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

If what exactly is the purpose of this property then?

P.S. - I am still having trouble with WMA lossless and placeshifter. I know you asked me to log the problem earlier but I was unclear on your instructions as to how to do this. I did try to set up a seperate server on a different machine and placeshift from there but still had the same WMA problems.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

15. Added full support for the Windows MCE style remote controls (all of the buttons work now in SageTV)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Old 03-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
If what exactly is the purpose of this property then?

To allow you to use Sage's internal EPG for one source/tuner and XMLTV import for another source/tuner. Before If we wanted to Use XMLTV import plug in we were forced to use it for all EPG data.

Technazz
Old 03-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Installed it, and when ever I try to select something it will flash the sub menu then go right back to the main menu. Does this whether using mouse or remote.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
To allow you to use Sage's internal EPG for one source/tuner and XMLTV import for another source/tuner. Before If we wanted to Use XMLTV import plug in we were forced to use it for all EPG data.

Technazz
Well, I guess that is what I do not understand. That is what I want to do, but setting disable_plugin=true seems to have no effect. I am still only left with the option of using xmltv if I have enabled that plugin in the properties file, which is exactly what it has always done.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Does the MCE remote support require the non-MS driver, or does it work with the native driver?

Thanks,

B
Old 03-17-2006, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Does the MCE remote support require the non-MS driver, or does it work with the native driver?
As far as I know, it would work with the MS driver. My understanding is that it adds support for those WM_INPUT buttons that weren't recognized previously. Those buttons are listed on this MS page.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! I can finally kick girder to the curb!
Old 03-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

placeshifter port

If you change the placeshifter port from 31099 to say 8000 - will that affect the MVP? do you need to change anything to allow the MVP to detect the server? .. I tried it with placeshifter and it works great -haven't tried mvp yet with the new port
Old 03-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Sage Icon

Picture Library oddities seem to be fixed.

P
Old 03-18-2006, 01:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
As far as I know, it would work with the MS driver. My understanding is that it adds support for those WM_INPUT buttons that weren't recognized previously. Those buttons are listed on this MS page.

- Andy
Do you know where to get the MS driver? I can't find it and have changed my driver so that HIP will work. I googled it and couldn't find the driver.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:43 AM
Sage Expert

what is this:

can i use tvtv with my pvr500 and my dbox2 and can i say that some channels only on the dbox?
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 03-18-2006, 07:30 AM

There in the latest LiteCD kit for Hauppauge card on SHSPVR forum, But been there a small files here you go jettman.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ms_remote.zip (35.4 KB, 604 views)