SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG
I too am having problems adding the xmltv lineup with the internal parser...I know I'm missing a step somewhere, seems I can only get one or the other not both. Thanks Narflex, I've been waiting for this feature for a little while

Carl

I've configured my setup with the disable_plugin=true I and I *Think* its working.

What you have to do is set up your sources that require Sages Internal Parser first.

Close off all instances of Sag,. and edit the properties file to enable the XMLTV importer and at the same time add the epg_data_sources/XXXXXX/disable_plugin=true to your internal parser EPG sourve (fill in the xx'x with your numbers)

Now The XMLTV is the 'Master' fo setting up any source but with the disable plug in set to true SageTV's internal parser will take over for that source.

If you wanted to add a new souce with Sages internal Parser then you would have to disable the XMLTV plug in then set it up and then add the diable plugin property and then readd the XMLTV importer.

Technazz
Old 03-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Technazz,

Those are the same problems I was having. At this point, I hope they are planning to improve the implementation of this feature. I do not know about everyone else but the way it works now it is pretty much useless to me. I have two digital tuners but there are a few stations for which I cannot get EPG data through Sage directly. I was hoping that the change would allow me to respecify each digital tuner with the xmltv plugin but keep the original lineup. I see that this is not the case. In order to use this feature, I would have to use xmltv data for one or both of my tuners. These channels are relatively minor in importance so I won't give up the stability and features of using Sage's data to get one of two extra channels.

It seems to me that allowing the user to specify a tuner a second time w/o loosing the original EPG lineup would be feasible and would be the most useful. In essence, one would augment a lineup with xmltv data.

Last edited by ldavis; 03-19-2006 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
MP3 Playback?

In the latest beta, were we supposed to be able to play MP3's with Placeshifting? If we are able to.. I get an error message

"There was a Playback error in Playback: Playback exception (-3,0x0)
There was a problem accessing filesystem for playback"

Any ideas?

Thanks
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 03-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettman
Do you know where to get the MS driver? I can't find it and have changed my driver so that HIP will work. I googled it and couldn't find the driver.
I pulled this from the readme file for the replacement driver you are referring to:

Make sure the MCE remote is installed.
In the Control Panel/System, select the Device Manager button on the Hardware Tab.
In the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section, locate the entry for the remote, right click and select "Update Driver"
- Select ""yes, this time only" and it should find the original driver.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

I updated to the newest beta to test out the MCE remote functionality. I am using the 2005 version of the MCE remote (newest version). Many keys worked, but following ones did not: "Recorded TV", "Guide" "Info", "Start" button, "Live TV", "DVD Menu" and Volume. I looked in the detailed setup and could not find any way to change the settings for the MCE remote. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I went back to the modified MCE driver, so I could regain full remote functionality. Sage requires the native MCE remote driver (irbus.sys) to interact with the MCE remote without Girder or HIP. It will not function using the replacement driver (mceir.sys) without a 3rd party program (Girder, HIP). I prefer this because it gives us the opportunity to either use Girder with the modified driver or use Sage's built in functionality with the original driver.

I would prefer not to use Girder, but I will wait until all of the keys work correctly. Until then, I will stay with Girder. I would like to have the ability in Sage to determine what each key does once the MCE remote functionality matures.

NOTE: If you use the sendkeys method with Girder, this new beta works just as it did before.

Last edited by stroths; 03-19-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths
I updated to the newest beta to test out the MCE remote functionality. I am using the 2005 version of the MCE remote (newest version). Many keys worked, but following ones did not: "Recorded TV", "Guide" "Info", "Start" button, "Live TV", "DVD Menu" and Volume. I looked in the detailed setup and could not find any way to change the settings for the MCE remote. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I went back to the modified MCE driver, so I could regain full remote functionality. Sage requires the native MCE remote driver (irbus.sys) to interact with the MCE remote without Girder or HIP. It will not function using the replacement driver (mceir.sys) without a 3rd party program (Girder, HIP). I prefer this because it gives us the opportunity to either use Girder with the modified driver or use Sage's built in functionality with the original driver.

I would prefer not to use Girder, but I will wait until all of the keys work correctly. Until then, I will stay with Girder. I would like to have the ability in Sage to determine what each key does once the MCE remote functionality matures.

NOTE: If you use the sendkeys method with Girder, this new beta works just as it did before.
That's odd those keys work for me just fine??? Which remote do you have, I believe there are two versions.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxeMan
That's odd those keys work for me just fine??? Which remote do you have, I believe there are two versions.
I have model 1039, which is the MCE 2005 remote as seen here - http://www.directron.com/xpmediactrl.html
Old 03-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaffia
In the latest beta, were we supposed to be able to play MP3's with Placeshifting? If we are able to.. I get an error message

"There was a Playback error in Playback: Playback exception (-3,0x0)
There was a problem accessing filesystem for playback"

Any ideas?

Thanks
MP3s should work. Please submit a bug report on this.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I have model 1039, which is the MCE 2005 remote as seen here - http://www.directron.com/xpmediactrl.html
Strange, I have two of that model and an older HP MCE remote and they all seem to work fine using the original driver.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I have the same model and mine works fine. Just make sure in Device Manager your remote says eHome Infrared Receiver.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdude90210
Toggle fullscreen just like the regular client, ctrl-shift-f.
Some of us lazy folks just want to use the mouse...
Old 03-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

EPG question

I've got question on this new feature.

6. Added EPG Data Soruce subproperty of disable_plugin which can be set to true to allow use of the EPG Plugin on some sources and not on others.

I've got digital cable and channels that Sage can not tune (ie DiscoveryHD, InHD, Encore, etc). I'd like to be able to browse these channels in Sage(knowing it can't tune them) and if I'm interested in it, I can switch inputs on my TV and manually tune to these channels. Does this feature allow me to do this, or would this be considered a new feature request?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbig119
I've got question on this new feature.

6. Added EPG Data Soruce subproperty of disable_plugin which can be set to true to allow use of the EPG Plugin on some sources and not on others.

I've got digital cable and channels that Sage can not tune (ie DiscoveryHD, InHD, Encore, etc). I'd like to be able to browse these channels in Sage(knowing it can't tune them) and if I'm interested in it, I can switch inputs on my TV and manually tune to these channels. Does this feature allow me to do this, or would this be considered a new feature request?

Thanks
No this feature is just for mixing different EPG data sources for different tuners only. You might want to look into the hardware thread in connecting to 1394 to your STB if it supports it. Then Sage can tune to into those channels. http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=9288

Technazz
Old 03-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

bbig119,

No one is really sure how this new feature works yet, but you do not need this for what you want to do. What you need to do is go to your channel lineup and add a channel. You will be asked for the call leters (HBOHD for expample), the station #(any number since you cannot tune this anyway), and then the station_id. The station_id is what tells sage where to get the EPG info. Here is how you get it. Go to www.zap2it.com and enter your zip code and then select your provider (for the satellite HD channels). Hover over the the desired channel in the EPG and look at the bottom of the internet explorer window. Among the information you will see station_id=xxxxx. The xxxxxx is the station_id that you need. You can do this for as many channels as you need.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Sage User

MVP issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio
damn... mvp still doesn't work. did not work with .09 and doesn't work with the newest beta.. worked in .08

it goes to starting application then black screen.

how do i file bug report?
I've filed a bug on this as well. A PC based client works fine, but the MVP based cliients cycle from trying to boot to black screen. The MVP's just get stuck in this loop. In looking at the PC running the SageService, I get popups going through the configuration (asking country, etc) wizard. Seems link a get a new popup each time the MVP goes through a boot->black screen -> boot loop.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieh
I've filed a bug on this as well. A PC based client works fine, but the MVP based cliients cycle from trying to boot to black screen. The MVP's just get stuck in this loop. In looking at the PC running the SageService, I get popups going through the configuration (asking country, etc) wizard. Seems link a get a new popup each time the MVP goes through a boot->black screen -> boot loop.

Man I thought I was the only one. I got the EXACT same issue from mine. I had two MVP's and one appeared to work OK but the other didn't I even swapped them out then they both quit working. Not sure what I did to resolve it be here are some of the things I did and it is now working fine for me.

1. Uninstalled SageTV (backed up the whole directory just in case)
2. Unplugged all MVP's and removed theior properties files from the "clients" directory
3. Reinstalled 4.1.9
4. Restored a backup of the Sage.Properties and wiz.bin from before the upgrade
5. Verified everything was functioning
6. Reinstalled 4.1.10
7. Loaded everything up to make sure the upgrade had no issues. Placed live chicken in pot with mushrooms, blood from a 40 yr old virgin, and tarter sauce then chanted (Kidding! )
8. Plugged each of the MVP's in and it worked.

I did some other things in there but these were the basic steps I did. You might also try getting it working without using service mode if you are. I have found many anomilies were cleared up by skipping service mode to get it working first. Hope it helps. I think it just has to do with something in the upgrade/install process and not the release. It works fine after I got it upgraded.

Last edited by jlabrue; 03-20-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
I've configured my setup with the disable_plugin=true I and I *Think* its working.

What you have to do is set up your sources that require Sages Internal Parser first.

Close off all instances of Sag,. and edit the properties file to enable the XMLTV importer and at the same time add the epg_data_sources/XXXXXX/disable_plugin=true to your internal parser EPG sourve (fill in the xx'x with your numbers)

Now The XMLTV is the 'Master' fo setting up any source but with the disable plug in set to true SageTV's internal parser will take over for that source.

If you wanted to add a new souce with Sages internal Parser then you would have to disable the XMLTV plug in then set it up and then add the diable plugin property and then readd the XMLTV importer.

Technazz
I certify this description as accurate. Since there's apparently some confusion about how to use this.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
I certify this description as accurate. Since there's apparently some confusion about how to use this.
Any chance that this could be change to Allow it all to be done from the GUI?

For example: When setting up video sources, if you type in 00000 then the XMLTV importer will be used for that source, but if you type in an actual zipcode it will use the internal EPG (automatically setting the epg_data_sources/XXXXXX/disable_plugin=true property), or add an option in the setup video source screen to use the internal EPG.

I was just thinking that it would be nice if you didn't have to go through the multiple closing and re-opening of Sage to edit your properties file everytime you add a new video source.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:21 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Motofreak75
I know

instead of 00000 we can use 5309 instead of a zip code to set the plugin

wait a minute, the pin number its already in use.....

But I think rsagetv99 is on the right course. having a custom number to enabling plugin would work.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

one source

Hi, I am using my network plugin as my only source, I am currently using xmltv for my epg. I was wondering how I could use the disable-plugin option for getting xmltv for some channels and getting the zapit data for all the rest of my channels.

I'm not sure but maybe I have to reduplicate my source as 2 sources and then one source with all my regular channels to use the Sage internal epg guide and the other source to use the xmltv guide.

does this sound right?? If so how would I go about getting this set up?

Last edited by johnnytyler; 03-21-2006 at 02:29 PM.