SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-21-2006, 02:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

You can Add your Network Encoder 2 Times with a different number (IE 1234567 and 1234568)to get 2 different sources and ensure that bother encoder point to the same IP and Port. Unfortunately Sage will think you have 2 separate tuners and if you have IR turned on it will screw up alot of recordings.

Technazz
Old 03-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
You can Add your Network Encoder 2 Times with a different number (IE 1234567 and 1234568)to get 2 different sources and ensure that bother encoder point to the same IP and Port. Unfortunately Sage will think you have 2 separate tuners and if you have IR turned on it will screw up alot of recordings.

Technazz
thanks technazz for the reply, alright I will set it up as two different encoders, my next question is how to setup the plugin in the properties files, I didn't understand the instructions. for example what do you mean by xxxxxx is that the zip code or the network encoder number (ie 1234567???) and could you go over the step's again if you dont mind. Thanks
Old 03-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
I've configured my setup with the disable_plugin=true I and I *Think* its working.

What you have to do is set up your sources that require Sages Internal Parser first.

Close off all instances of Sag,. and edit the properties file to enable the XMLTV importer and at the same time add the epg_data_sources/XXXXXX/disable_plugin=true to your internal parser EPG sourve (fill in the xx'x with your numbers)

Now The XMLTV is the 'Master' fo setting up any source but with the disable plug in set to true SageTV's internal parser will take over for that source.

If you wanted to add a new souce with Sages internal Parser then you would have to disable the XMLTV plug in then set it up and then add the diable plugin property and then readd the XMLTV importer.

Technazz

Argh this doesn't sound good. From the look of it, you can't run the same encoder with two different data sources.

Can anyone confirm whether you can add the SAME unique ID (e.g. 1234567) tuner to use both the internal data source for one range of channels and use XMLTV for another range?
Old 03-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by xred
Argh this doesn't sound good. From the look of it, you can't run the same encoder with two different data sources.

Can anyone confirm whether you can add the SAME unique ID (e.g. 1234567) tuner to use both the internal data source for one range of channels and use XMLTV for another range?
That is exactly what I was hoping for. Got disappointed though. Hopefully, Narflex is listening.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldavis
That is exactly what I was hoping for. Got disappointed though. Hopefully, Narflex is listening.

Yes.. but have to be positive its a step in the right direction!

Technazz
Old 03-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

Placeshifter Login request

Jeff,

I like the new login screen that uses the User Name.

Can you please allow the TAB key to change between the user name and password fields. It's a "my hands know how to do it" thing. I'm so used to hitting TAB in pretty much any login dialog and Sage is the only one that requires you to actually hit ENTER.

PS: Still having issues where both the MVP and Placeshifter will forget that I've changed the active STV they're supposed to use. I haevn't been home, however, long enough to send you the log files. Will try this weekend.

Thanks,

Stacy
Old 03-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

For placeshifter, you set STV for each username at the server, just click on the username where you manage shifter users.

I found it useful for setting multiple stv's for myself... just use a different username for each stv.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
I like the new login screen that uses the User Name.

Can you please allow the TAB key to change between the user name and password fields. It's a "my hands know how to do it" thing. I'm so used to hitting TAB in pretty much any login dialog and Sage is the only one that requires you to actually hit ENTER.
Actually, Tab usage like that is already in there, but there is an issue recognizing the Tab key in the first place -- I'm told that part has been fixed for the next version.

Quote:
PS: Still having issues where both the MVP and Placeshifter will forget that I've changed the active STV they're supposed to use. I haevn't been home, however, long enough to send you the log files. Will try this weekend.
For anyone still having an STV problem w/the MVP, see this request for logs & properties files.

For the placeshifter... as mentioned above, the placeshifter always loads the STV assigned to that user. So, you would have to change that in Detailed Setup -> Advanced.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdude90210
For placeshifter, you set STV for each username at the server, just click on the username where you manage shifter users.

I found it useful for setting multiple stv's for myself... just use a different username for each stv.
Well, don't I feel like a dumb dumb. Here I was trying to set it like a normal Sage installtion.... by changing it while logged into Placeshifter.

Although I think that would be a logical place to allow a user to change their STV.... at least this fixes my problem.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Non 32 bit color depth

I only watch SageTV using the MVP extender. Now and then however I access my headless server using remote desktop if I need to change some server settings. When I do this however I get an error dialog stating SageTV will not run well at the current color depth.

I used to avoid this error with the property

warn_on_non_32bit_color_depth=false

but that property now seems to be ignored.

Is there a way to avoid this dialog or just I just live with it when using Remote Desktop?
Old 03-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Here I was trying to set it like a normal Sage installtion.... by changing it while logged into Placeshifter.

Although I think that would be a logical place to allow a user to change their STV....
BTW: all placeshifters are currently using a single properties file (I think), which is one reason why the STV has to be assigned in the PS user manager. Hmmm.... that makes me think of something that might work... no promises, though.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrpenguin
I only watch SageTV using the MVP extender. Now and then however I access my headless server using remote desktop if I need to change some server settings. When I do this however I get an error dialog stating SageTV will not run well at the current color depth.

Is there a way to avoid this dialog or just I just live with it when using Remote Desktop?
I think the true/false are supposed to be TRUE/FALSE.

B
Old 03-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvrpenguin

One guess: are you using service mode? If so, the server's UI uses sageclient.properties, so try setting it there if you aren't doing so already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
I think the true/false are supposed to be TRUE/FALSE.
Most t/f properties are lower case & this one is recreated as 'true' in my properties file if it is removed.

- Andy
Old 03-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
One guess: are you using service mode? If so, the server's UI uses sageclient.properties, so try setting it there if you aren't doing so already.
I am using service mode and did set the property in Sage.properties. I will add the property to my sageclient.properties instead.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

placeshifting weirdness

got to start out by saying I'm Loving Sage.

I thought Id mention it here to see if anyone is having the same problem before I try to submit a bug report.

When using the placeshifting client, every morning the first time I try to connect & play a recorded show the client will show a black screen with the show info superimposed, but no show. it will then disconnect me and take me back to the main connection screen. Once I log back in everything will work fine for the rest of the session (usually the rest of my day at work). when I try again the next morning, same thing.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 03-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've just started with my PVR project... (with SageTV of course!) Nice job man! I just got one lil' issue with the latest beta, im trying to import all my tv shows from divx, which I have on a shared drive on another computer. I tried mapping the drive as a letter, and using a network path, clicked on "Refresh imported videos" waited up to 1 day, and no luck. Is there another parameter I might be missing? I tried even rebooting the machine with no luck. Im using SageTV as a service.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2006, 02:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
and using a network path, Im using SageTV as a service.
Aloha,
if you are using Sage as a service and want to access network drives, you have to assign it with a valid windows username and password in the Sage service application. Normal services can't do stuff on remote UNC paths.
Make sure the account has a password.
That should work.

Marneb
Old 03-23-2006, 02:35 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yup thanks... was an issue with the service not having grants, I changed the sagetv service to use my admin account and now its working

cheers!
Old 03-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
Oh no hehe

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 3/18/2006
Time: 10:07:30 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SAGETV
Description:
Application popup: SageWin: SageTV.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point RegisterRawInputDevices could not be located in the dynamic link library USER32.dll.
Is there anything to be done to avoid this? (aside from not using 4.1.10) I'd like to try this beta (because of a bug fix they have applied) but won't because the dialog box interferes with the scripting I use to stop/start Sage for power management.
Sage 7.1.9, Java Java 1.7.0_75, Windows 8.1, Athlon X4 620, 4GB, Hauppauge 950Q, ATI 650HD video encoder with IR/Blaster, Radeon 5450, HDMI out, TV is primary monitor, Plex Plug-in serves up to mobile devices/PS3/WiiU just fine
Old 03-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to pmoreau
PlaceShifter Login

I just installed the new placeshifter 4_1_10 on my computer at work and I'm having a problem logging in to my Sagetv at home. Curtain keys strokes in the Placeshifter login and password window don't seem to be reconized: p, i, t, r, g, f, a....
It's just the lower case of these keys, the upper case does work. Is anybody else seeing this problem? I've been using this PC for quite a while and have never seen any problems with the keyboard. It works with everything else.

Last edited by pmoreau; 03-23-2006 at 04:36 PM.