SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS
There in the latest LiteCD kit for Hauppauge card on SHSPVR forum, But been there a small files here you go jettman.
These drivers aren't digitally signed. I found an update to the drivers on MS' website. It installed fine on my XP Pro box.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912024

B
Old 03-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

For me the new import_plugin=disable feature allowing the internal EPG and an external EPG source is not usable.

What I wanted was the ability to configure two different EPG sources on the same encoder, but the program limitations of Sage have made this impossible in my case.

What I have been told, and verified in the last few days is that Sage deletes the original copy of an encoder if the second second copy has the same channels - even if they are not enabled on both encoders.

For example, if I configure my encoder with a channel lineup downloaded from Zap2it that consists of channels 100-800, and I disable channels 700-800 because Zap2it does not provide any guide data from those channels. Then, I add the encoder again using an XMLTV importer that includes the guide data for channels 700-800, apparently Sage will not allow the duplicate channels and it deletes the original encoder without warning.

Very frustrating since in the current implementation of this new feature you have to exit Sage and change the sage.properties file everytime you need to switch between the internal EPG and the XMLTV source.

Anyways, the only way that I see around this problem is to add a property that allows duplicate channels on the same encoder. To keep the integrity of the guide you could make it where only one of the copies of the encoder could actually enable the channel, and have it automatically disable the channel on the other encoder when you enable it on the other.

I also think there should be a warning before automatically deleting an encoder, but that's just me.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Sage Icon

When I try to view a recording that is in process, it always goes to the "live" postion in the recording. It's supposed to do the last point I stopped viewing at.

This bug has been with us for such a long time now. It seems to keep getting overlooked unfortunately.

Can you guy please try to include a fix for this in the next release?
Old 03-25-2006, 02:46 AM
Sage Expert

I have just ditched girder on my client machine. All seems to work well with the MCE remote. Even the power button.

It would be nice to be able to assign the buttons from within Sage though.

The skip and FFwd/RW buttons all seem to skip by the same amount of time (10"). It would also be nice to be able to change this.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Map green button to laumch Sage?

Switched back to the MS drivers for MCE remote. Works great in Sage. I like to quit Sage client at night, I find the machine stays up longer if I do. I would like to be able to launch Sage with the green button on the remote. Is there a way to set this up with the standard drivers?

TIA,

B
Old 03-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
When I try to view a recording that is in process, it always goes to the "live" postion in the recording. It's supposed to do the last point I stopped viewing at.

This bug has been with us for such a long time now. It seems to keep getting overlooked unfortunately.

Can you guy please try to include a fix for this in the next release?
Wheemer, please submit a bug report on this. We are not aware of this issue. Make sure it's not STV related first.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using the default STV with a bunch of plugins... and the sercret extras. I'm not sure if it's stv related or not. But I filed a bug report just in case.

I'm using the MlbDude recordings view normally.

I've seen this problem many many times, but I am not sure what cercumstances lead up to it. I've just tested with every stv config I have and it worked fine everytime.

I wish I could narrow it down some more...
Old 03-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Switched back to the MS drivers for MCE remote. Works great in Sage.
Does anyone know if Sage works properly with LONG-PRESS of the MCE remote buttons? Like using the arrows to scroll through a menu or channel guide, can you hold the button down to keep scrolling?

I'm not using Girder but use the USB-UIRT and the native Sage support. The problem with that is the UIRT driver software actually has no knowledge of IR protocols and therefore cannot support repeating for the majority of them (like Sony, NEC, Denon, etc...)

Would this be a good time to ask that the whole process of mapping buttons and commands in Sage be overhauled? It's a little painful as it stands. Especially for deleting old or unwanted commands.

Bruno
Old 03-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to pmoreau
Still have key problems with placeshifter login

I posted earlier about certain keys not working in the placeshifter login dialog from a PC. Well, I also have a Linux system and work that I loaded the MiniClient.jar on (both Linux and the system at home running Jre 1.5) and it has the exact same problem. Does anybody else see this? I'm stumped. Hopefully 4.1.11 will fix this problem....
Old 03-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Administrator

I did not have any issues in the Placeshifter client other than the Tab key (which is fixed for the next version).

BTW: if you are able to log in, go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show Command, then see what those 'missing' keys show when you type them.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Sage User

Send a message via MSN to pmoreau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I did not have any issues in the Placeshifter client other than the Tab key (which is fixed for the next version). If you haven't done so already, be sure to submit a but report to SageTV.

BTW: if you are able to log in, go to Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Show Command, then see what those 'missing' keys show when you type them.

- Andy
OK, it turns out that I have all the non-functional keys mapped to different functions. p = Pause, i = Info, t = View TV, r = Record, etc....
So, I guess those keys are taken over by SageTV even during the login session..... Bummer.

Is there any way to ignore these bindings during login or do I need to remove these assignments? I guess for now, I'll change them to Control Sequences... I, and mainly my wife, sure do like the single key assignments. I use a small wireless keyboard/ball mouse setup to control my SageTV which is hooked up to a 37" HDTV in our bar. The intuitive, single key setup is also great for our guests who play with it.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Personally, I would remove such single-letter command assignments. You may not have noticed, but you won't be able to type those letters into most text entry fields either, such as for searches or adding/changing Placeshifter usernames, if they are assigned like that on the server.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMelon
Does anyone know if Sage works properly with LONG-PRESS of the MCE remote buttons? Like using the arrows to scroll through a menu or channel guide, can you hold the button down to keep scrolling?

Bruno
On my setup (MCE 2005 IR Remote/Receiver/Keyboard), holding down the MCE buttons does scroll Sage. I also have a UIRT hooked up becuse the MCE FF/RW buttons seem to be hardcoded to 15 Sec in Sage...with no way to change them (they don't adhere to the custom settings)...So I ditched the MCE remote and use my Harmony/UIRT combo with the MCE Keyboard/Receiver combo. Before the MCE hardware, I did have scrolling with the Harmony/UIRT...you may try adjusting the IR Repeat Period, and IR Repeat Delay, in the sageclient.properties file (I use Service mode). I think I have 300ms (1st property) and 200ms (2nd property).

P