SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy How do you license the Placeshifter?

I've been beta testing Placeshifter and got the message that the 7 day trial had expired, so I bought an MVP license.

I registered the license on the server, a process I had to do twice before it took.

The placeshifter still says my trial has expired even though the server license for the MVP is installed.

What am I missing here? Do I need to do something on the client with Placeshifter?

Thanks,
Rob

HP Media Center m390n, P4 2.4GHz, NVidia GeForce 5600 FX, Hauppauge PVR-250 PCI II, NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder, Microsoft Windows Media Center PC 2005, 1GB RAM, (2) 600MB HD, Motorola DCT5000 STB, USB-UIRT, Time-Warner Digital Cable
Old 03-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Did you restart SageTV on the server? I don't remember if that is needed, but it is worth trying.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, Andy! I had restarted the UI, but forgot to restart the service. It is working well now!

I did have to change the settings from automatic to the default manual settings to get smooth video playback.

Do you know if there is any way to adjust the video like on the server to a -10 vertical offset? I'm seeing the closed caption datastream in playback.

Thanks,
Rob

HP Media Center m390n, P4 2.4GHz, NVidia GeForce 5600 FX, Hauppauge PVR-250 PCI II, NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder, Microsoft Windows Media Center PC 2005, 1GB RAM, (2) 600MB HD, Motorola DCT5000 STB, USB-UIRT, Time-Warner Digital Cable
Old 03-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

I also have to restart the service when adding a new MVP license. Don't know if that's how it is supposed to work.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Update: It can work for the extender/placeshifter license to be added while SageTV is running & have it take effect immediately, but to prevent issues where it may not take effect right away, I will be recommending in the manual that the licenses be entered while SageTV (server) is not running. It will then get recognized when the server starts.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Sage User

Have note show up when entering key

Perhaps even better than putting it in the manual (seriously) would be either a note to restart the service when a new license key is entered in the program, or a dialog that indicates "you have entered new license information; for this to take effect, press "OK" to restart the Sage TV service, or cancel if you plan to restart the Sage TV service later."

Idiotproof is usually the best way to go...

Loving my Sage TV + placeshifter system guys, this is nice work.