SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

License issue?

Hi,

I'm installing a new machine for my kids (CompUSA $199 special AMD3400+ w/ ATI X300 SE) to replace an old P3-550.

I installed Sage Client on it and it worked fine in demo mode. I put in my key from the 2nd license of Sage Client that I've purchased, and now it acts like it can't connect to the Sage server anymore... Is this a license thing because that license was installed on another machine (which is now disconnected from the network)? Is there a way to verify this is the problem? How do I get the server to allow it to connect again?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 03-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Administrator

If you've used that license on a different computer & now are not using it there, then just restart SageTV on the server. It sees that license as already in use from the other PC.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nope... Stopped and restarted Sage on the server (the service) and it's still an issue... Next, I rebooted the Sage server and it's still a problem...

Is there any way to see which license I have installed on a client, and to update the license? I'm wondering if I accidentally put in the original client license that I have running on a machine upstairs...
Old 03-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hmmm..

That doesn't appear to be the issue either... I stopped both clients, stopped the service on the server, restarted it, then restarted the client on the new PC, but it still acts like it lost connection to the server.

While the new PC is waiting on that screen, I started Sage Client on the upstairs PC and it came right up...

Ideas???
Old 03-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Administrator

You didn't change the client version between the trial & entering the license key, did you? What versions are the server & the new client?

BTW: No, you can't get a report of the license that was entered on a PC. You could use the REGISTER command line parameter to clear the old one & enter a new one, so you could use that to reset all the client licenses, if you ever need to.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nope... Version 4.1.3 is on the server and both clients...
Old 03-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok... Really strange.. I tried setting the key with the REGISTER command line option and it kept resulting in the same screen...

I finally uninstalled Sage and re-installed it. After that, it works fine.. So, I was about to re-enter my key and then realized that it was still using my key from prior to the re-install... So, all is working now.. Strange!

Thanks for you help!
Paul
Old 03-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Glad I could help... not that I actually helped.

Anyway -- the license stays on the PC even after uninstalling, so that's why it was still there when you reinstalled. Using the REGISTER command w/o entering a license is the only way to remove the license from the PC, as far as I know. Well, that and reformatting the hard drive.

- Andy
Old 03-22-2006, 06:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Actually, I tried using the REGISTER switch and removing what showed up in the name field and registering it with no name and no key, but it wouldn't accept that.. I didn't try leaving the characters that were in the name field there and just accepting it without a key.

Anyhow, we're in business!