SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Client problem, pulsing text

Hi,

I have been using the sagetv and placeshifter from the new beta fine.

I just installed the client and have this werid problem. the menu text pules, from the normal white, to a darker colour, then back.

If I choose any of the options from the menu, it goes to the new page, and then, almost immediatly returns to the main menu.

Any ideas?
Old 03-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Something is constantly sending the Home command -- it sounds like the menu fades are enabled & the Home key is stuck. If nothing is stuck, then try restarting w/a fresh client properties file.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

It wouldnt have surprised me if it had been a stuck key, but it doesnt seem to be.

I removed the two properties files and opened up the client.

I was greeted with the choose language screen, and once I had made a choice the new screen appeared. Only then to go back to the previous one like before!

Now I know no keys are stuck, because I am writing this on the same machine.

Very confusing.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Administrator

If it is constantly trying to use the Home command, I can't think of why it might do that on its own.

How do you normally control the Client? Is something not working correctly with that method? (Remote stuck?) Have you tried rebooting?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

I need to try a reboot next, I really dont think that the home key is stuck.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Sage User

Same problemo

I have the same problem. Client pulses and acts like the home key is constantly being pressed while Server and Placeshifter work fine. I have narrowed it down to my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard and/or Mouse. When the keyboard/mouse transmitter is unplugged and another keyboard is used (MS Ergo. Pro) the SageTV Client works fine.

I upgraded my Media PC to handle HD and moved the SageTV Media Server to another room. I really would like to use the Client with the new HD capable PC. Any further thoughts?
Old 07-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Sage Icon

I also had this same problem and it also was the MS wireless keyboard reciever. Unplug the reciever from the USB port and Sage was fine. I thought that I had a bad keyboard/reciever and threw it away (too late to return it).

Scott
Old 07-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Sage User

Sleonard, Edgley,

I have been in contact with SageTV support. Their best guess is a bug with the Microsoft drivers and I do not completely disagree. Can either of you tell me what brand/model/driver you are using for your keyboards that cause this problem and under what pieces of SageTV software this issue is found (Server, Client and/or Placeshifter)?

For me:
Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard v1.0a
Intelitype 6.1a drivers or Windows XP default drivers
SageTV Client (SageTV Media Server and SageTV Placeshifter work fine with my keyboard)