SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

Sage A Few General Questions

Hello - A Few Questions:

1. I can't find where in setup I can adjust how many minutes are saved in the queue when watching a program but not recording it.

2. If I'm watching a program and I click options and then look at the program guide - does it take two clicks to get back to the show where I need to exit the guide and then click watch TV or is there a way to do it in one click? Yesterday when I did this for some reason it was taking me to the end of the show but if I click Sage Recordings and then clicked the show it took me to the place I paused it.

3. When I pause a show or just click to either advance or rewind it, Sage shows at the top of the screen the channel, name of the movie and what it's about in a large dialog. It takes up a lot of room on the screen and I was wondering if there is any way to change how much is displayed? For example, when I pause my Tivo, the dialog takes a lot less room on the screen (haven't gotten rid of Tivo yet in the family room or bedroom because I still can't find a workstation that is practical).

Thanks again for all the support - it's great.

Mike
Old 03-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
1. I can't find where in setup I can adjust how many minutes are saved in the queue when watching a program but not recording it.
There is no queue -- if you are watching a show live, you are recording it. It will stay around at least until the show is over, or you are done watching it.

Quote:
2. If I'm watching a program and I click options and then look at the program guide - does it take two clicks to get back to the show where I need to exit the guide and then click watch TV or is there a way to do it in one click?
You can use the 'TV' command (not 'Live TV') to toggle between the playback screen & the last menu you were on. With the mouse, you could click on the SageTV logo to get to the Main Menu, then click on the Left arrow in the upper left corner to return to the playback screen.

Quote:
3. When I pause a show or just click to either advance or rewind it, Sage shows at the top of the screen the channel, name of the movie and what it's about in a large dialog. It takes up a lot of room on the screen and I was wondering if there is any way to change how much is displayed? For example, when I pause my Tivo, the dialog takes a lot less room on the screen (haven't gotten rid of Tivo yet in the family room or bedroom because I still can't find a workstation that is practical).
While the OSD is showing, you can use the Left or Right arrows to toggle whether the full description is shown below the title. I don't think this can be toggled with the mouse.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Sage Icon

Once again, thank you for your quick replies. When I use the left/right arrow, there is still a lot of information showing. See, I was thinking maybe there could be an option to completely eliminate the top part so that when you fast forward or rewind through a program, it doesn't need to be blocked by that.

One last question about recording the full show which makes sense. If I put it on pause and say it ends at 6 and I'm at the main menu, if I then click Watch TV, the show that was paused prior to 6 is gone (which makes sense). I'm wondering if I use the the TV command or click the Sage left arrow in the upper left corner, do you know if the prior show will still be preserved or is it automatically lost after the ending time?

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 03-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
When I use the left/right arrow, there is still a lot of information showing. See, I was thinking maybe there could be an option to completely eliminate the top part so that when you fast forward or rewind through a program, it doesn't need to be blocked by that.
You are using a mouse for this? Clicking the mouse brings up the full OSD & there isn't an option to turn off portions of that, other than the left/right arrow.

If you use the FF/REW/other transport commands, you should only see the time bar at the bottom.

Quote:
One last question about recording the full show which makes sense. If I put it on pause and say it ends at 6 and I'm at the main menu, if I then click Watch TV, the show that was paused prior to 6 is gone (which makes sense). I'm wondering if I use the the TV command or click the Sage left arrow in the upper left corner, do you know if the prior show will still be preserved or is it automatically lost after the ending time?
Umm.... I don't watch a lot of live TV (ok: none, unless I absolutely have to), so I'm not sure of what all happens w/o a bunch of experimentation to remind myself... but if you are watching a show & it is paused, it shouldn't be deleted because it is still actively being played. So, yeah, the TV command or the left arrow on the Main Menu should just go back to the paused show.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.