SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Sage User

How to rescan xmltv xml epg on demand?

Hi there,
My cable provider occasionally switches channel numberings around.
So I add or remove the necessary channels in XMLTV GUI and rerun my batch script.
However, in Sage, under Setup | Setup Video Sources | (select s-video source) | Channel Setup, the new/removed channels don't take effect.
The only way I can get Sage to rescan the xml data on demand is to remove the source and re-add it.
However, doing a 'Remap' of 90 channels each time is getting annoying! ;-)
I read in a Sage forum that someone was able to get Sage to rescan the EPG data by disabling all the channels and re-enabling them: no joy.
I have scoured the Sage forums and can't find the above entry, or any other advice.

Q: Can I get Sage 4.1.10.81 to reload the xml epg data on demand? When does Sage reload this data anyway?

Any advice would be great.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

You can point your XMLTV properties file to your UPDATE batch file and when you enable and disable a channel in the Channel Setup it will automatically update.

Technazz
Old 03-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Sage User

Thanks for your reply Technazz,

I am currently using Nielm's plugin for Multiple Tuners.
But I am researching upgrading to Demideus' XMLTVplugin, which also supports multiple tuners (once I figure out his syntax! ;-) http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Nielm's MultiTuner plugin doesn't have an "xmltv.properties" file, I've just looked.
Demideus' does, but I haven't upgraded to his plugin yet...

However, I do not understand how the XMLTV.properties file would point to the UPDATE.bat and how either of those would know when a Sage channel was enabled/disabled?
I thought the information flow went like this:
UPDATE.bat calls "XmltvGUI.exe" /cDigital_Setting1 /Grab" which is eventually renamed to "1.xml".
Nielm's plugin looks for 1.xml in the Sage directory.
And Sage reads it in to create the EPG.
... and I don't understand how the Sage EPG and the Sage Channel setups are related...
But I don't understand how the above information flow could work backwards...?

Until I hear back, I'll keep thinking about what you've said, and further research DemiDeus' plugin...

Kind regards: Tim
Old 03-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Sage User

Solution: to force rescan of XMLTV xml file to EPG

Hi again Technazz,

I think I was confused about your advice because you are combining two instructions in one sentence! ;-)

First of all:
I finally stumbled upon where I read about forcing the update via disable/enable a channel in setup:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...8&postcount=58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demideus
You can force it to start early by deactivating and reactivating one of your channels in Sage's setup menu).
Note to anyone else: this does not work if you just go "Back" in Sage, instead of doing the 'obvious' thing: make sure you select Done With Channel Setup!!! ;-)
So problem solved.

I don't know what you are referring to in your other instruction.
(To point the point the XMLTV properties file to your UPDATE batch file).
So feel free to let me know, if I don't figure it out already during/after the Demideus plugin upgrade! ;-)

THanks for the help Technazz!
Tim
Old 03-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

I dont know how Neilms plug in works so I cant comment on that. But Demideus's plugin alows you to call up a batch file.

Which works simular to your command line you posted basicaly runs the XMLTV grabber and then Sage will refresh the XMLTV file at the ame time.

Good Luck

Technazz