SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage User

Hardware Requirements for HD

I am having major problems getting my Fusion card to work in my system. I was wondering if anyone knows what the minimum HW specs are for recording or watching live HD on the server.

I currently have p4 1.8ghz, 512meg ram, 2x200gb HD with (2) PVR-150's. I just added a Fusion Gold card to the mix.

Thanks,
Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you having trouble playing, recording, both?

Recording should be fine on that, playback could be tough depending on video card, what video card do you have? What decoders? Do you have hardware ac
Old 03-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Sage User

So far I have just been trying to get the HD card setup and have all channels mapped properly so I really have not tried to record yet. When I try to watch live HD, my CPU pegs at 100% and Sage either becomes sluggish or just locks up. I will try not to watch and just schedule something to record.

Video card is and ATI 32meg PCI card. Now that I type that it sounds weak.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

I also have a 1.8 GHz Pentium computer that I use as a server. It has a HDWonder, a Fusion USB and a Video Blaster to tune the various channels.

I found that I have to uninstall the Fusion software before installing or updating the Sage software. It looks like Sage overwrites some files used by the Fusion software. I install or update Sage and then reinstall the Fusion software. If I don't do this I get a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD).
After the software is installed, I do a channel scan with the Fusion signal check app. Just to make sure everything is working. I then run the main Fusion software and configure it. Only then do I add the Fusion card to the Sage software.

I sure wish Sage would play nice with the Fusion drivers.

I can watch TV on the server for testing, but for good clean playback I use a faster computer and Sage client.

I also have a 1Gb network card and fairly new disk drives formatted with large blocks. The new disk drives are faster than my older boot drive. I also have a USB card with a power connector that I hook a disk drive power cable to. The Fusion USB draws a lot of power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglennon
I am having major problems getting my Fusion card to work in my system. I was wondering if anyone knows what the minimum HW specs are for recording or watching live HD on the server.

I currently have p4 1.8ghz, 512meg ram, 2x200gb HD with (2) PVR-150's. I just added a Fusion Gold card to the mix.

Thanks,
Old 03-25-2006, 09:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglennon
So far I have just been trying to get the HD card setup and have all channels mapped properly so I really have not tried to record yet. When I try to watch live HD, my CPU pegs at 100% and Sage either becomes sluggish or just locks up. I will try not to watch and just schedule something to record.

Video card is and ATI 32meg PCI card. Now that I type that it sounds weak.
A PCI video card with 32mb of ram that probably doesn't support DirectX 7 let alone 8 or 9 is NOT going to get you HD. I would think you would need at least an AGP 4x-8x with at least 128MB of RAM that at least supports DirectX 8 in hardware to even start thinking about palying a HD recording.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.