SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Placeshifter not allowing login

Anyone else have this problem?
My Placeshifter accounts from version 4.1.9 no longer work
I even created new ones and sage keeps telling me that the user/pw is incorrect. I can placeshift without issues on my lan.. however no user/pw prompt is required.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 03-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Have you customized anything?

What STV are you using to create the PS accounts? If you are using the latest beta (v4.1.10), make sure you are using the PS user management dialog that comes with that one. It should let you set the username & password, then you can change the STV and disable/enable users. The login screen should be asking for the user name + password, and it is all case sensitive.

Oh -- and it doesn't normally ask for user/pwd when connecting locally.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:10 PM
Sage Expert

System info says Current STV File: V4.1.10.81

Yep understood.. the first release worked fine in this respect howerever it did not work until I did the following with the latest beta.

I only got it to work by disabling the account... close sage... open sage... then enable the account...close sage then load sage again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Have you customized anything?

What STV are you using to create the PS accounts? If you are using the latest beta (v4.1.10), make sure you are using the PS user management dialog that comes with that one. It should let you set the username & password, then you can change the STV and disable/enable users. The login screen should be asking for the user name + password, and it is all case sensitive.

Oh -- and it doesn't normally ask for user/pwd when connecting locally.

- Andy
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8

Last edited by cmaffia; 03-26-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Be sure to right the username/password slowly, sometimes if the sagetv internet connectiong is lagged, some keystrokes doesnt get sent, it would be nice to see if there would be some kind of local buffer on the sagetv placeshiffer client, or maybe a way to put the validation in automatic (maybe invoking the JAR with the username/password/server ip parameter).

I cant wait to have this lil' app embedded on my CarPC that is running RoadRunner
Old 03-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Administrator

That's strange -- whether an account is enabled or not is simply a server property setting. The last time I tried it, the account was enabled/disabled on the PS client immediately after I made the change on the server.

BTW: after enabling the Placeshifter server, you have to toggle the SageTV Server option off, then back on (handled in the next version) to reload the settings (or restart SageTV), but I didn't think that was your issue since you said the LAN PS connection worked.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni
Be sure to right the username/password slowly, sometimes if the sagetv internet connectiong is lagged, some keystrokes doesnt get sent,
Have you actually had this problem? If so, it seems like it is a problem on the PS client itself, because it doesn't send each character to the server -- as far as I know, it stores all the input locally.

- Andy
Old 03-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Sage Expert

Like I had said, the accounts had been made with 4.1.9 then I upgraded.
I added new accounts on 4.10. I even deleted all the accounts and created new ones. Closed sage.. loaded sage. Not running as a serviceeither.
I will submit a bug report because it doesn't make sense.
No fat fingering or whatnot. Sage would not let me in unless I did what I described.

Quote:
That's strange -- whether an account is enabled or not is simply a server property setting. The last time I tried it, the account was enabled/disabled on the PS client immediately after I made the change on the server.

BTW: after enabling the Placeshifter server, you have to toggle the SageTV Server option off, then back on (handled in the next version) to reload the settings (or restart SageTV), but I didn't think that was your issue since you said the LAN PS connection worked.

- Andy
Old 03-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Have you actually had this problem? If so, it seems like it is a problem on the PS client itself, because it doesn't send each character to the server -- as far as I know, it stores all the input locally.

- Andy
Yup, whenever I put some other internet software to work, its almost imposible to login remotly. Takes years to write the username password correctly, it times out first and brings me back to the window to select the sage server.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

- Andy
I actually saw this when testing a EDGE/GPRS card connection (to the cellphone network) with my laptop and Placeshifter. As a matter of fact I had timed out a couple of times because I couldn't get the user name/password typed fast enough. When I typed normally it was several characters short. I had to deliberately type and wait for the character to show up. EDGE/GPRS isn't the quickest but it did manage to play video/audio. It hesitated every 5 seconds or so and wasn't really great to watch. This was using Sage PS Dynamic setting.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Administrator

OK -- either I'm wrong about the input all being handled locally, or there is something else going on between the placeshifter client & the server that causes input to be missed & timeouts to occur. You should probably report that to SageTV. I plan on asking about it, but it doesn't happen on my test system - thus I am of little help reproducing it to solve it.

- Andy
Old 03-26-2006, 10:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Bug report submitted.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had a similar issue with mine. The old accounts did not work after upgrade to to .10. I had to remove the accounts, disable Sage extender/placeshifting server, and rebooted. I then re-enabled the server, rebooted, and recreated the user accounts and all is well. I was not able to recreate the problem that caused it to fail in the first place.