SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-28-2006, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

MCE Remote/Keyboard Support

I received my MCE remote/receiver combo, and keyboard from PC Alchemy today. I first un-installed the BTC 9019URF and USB-UIRT software, re-started, and plugged in the MCE receiver. Windows installed the driver automatically (XP Pro SP2). I then ran the Rollup 2 eHome Infrared Receiver update. I then went into Detailed Setup/Remote Commands and was looking for an MCE receiver option. Not finding one, I set Sage to "None". For the most part, everything is working fine, but so far (I've just had it running for 30 minutes) the FF1/2 and RW1/2 buttons seem to be hardcoded for 15 seconds...with no way to change them.

Sage Team: How can we, or please make available, a way to adjust/remap the MCE keys.

Overall it's a good job, I can see new users being happy that it "just works"...hopefully for the "tweakers", some advanced settings will become available. The UIRT is not going to be retired yet

P
Old 03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Sage Icon

I'd also like to be able to map the More "i" key to the detailed info screen.

P
Old 04-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Sage Icon

5 Day report:

I LOVE this keyboard! I even like the pointing stick If you're thinking about getting it, but are turned off by the gripes about the stick...you really need to give it about 5-7 days of use. The pressure to activate it is unnoticeble to me now, and there's no way it's going to go out of whack like my BTC joystick did. I've got the pointer speed set to 3 up from slow in the XP control panel, with "Enhanced Pointer Precision" checked. All but 3 of the MCE specific keys are mapped to an appropriate Sage function...2 of those really have no use "My Radio" (someday?) and "Messenger"...

NOTE TO SAGE: The 3rd button, "DVD Menu", is not linked to that command in Sage.

...and 4.1.11 added the FF/RW 1&2 fixes. Ergonomically it feels perfect, I thought I'd miss the handles on the BTC...I don't. The battery lockout switch prevents activation and saves battery power...Batteries went in on 28 Mar, let's see how long they go. My range is limited to about 10 ft physically, but I havn't had any missed keystokes yet. The IR transmitter seems pretty powerful, the receiver picks up the signal even if I aim it at the back wall. The TV power button was easy to map to my Sceptre, and the volume keys to my Z-680's. The best part is I was looking for a way to get rid of my UIRT, That I use for the Harmony 880 soft buttons I have programmed for Sage...well, this is an IR Windows keyboard and Sage has keyboard shortcuts for every function...I'll teach those to the 880. Good bye UIRT (I don't blast signals to an STB). Oh yeah, it matches the 880's color scheme too.

Thank you Sage, for builing in support for the MCE Receiver

P