SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

If you just load the java miniclient it doesn't do the video.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

DL'ed 4.11. Client and server works fine, but the Placeshifter will not connect cuz it is saying "the trial server has expired". Thought that came with the MVP license I purchased???
Old 03-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
First off, one bug report has been filed, another is in the works.
HERE'S THE NEW PART.....

This morning my wife told me there was a window on the server (TV) that said "SageTV has encountered an error and needs to close". So she rebooted the server and when I came downstairs about 40 minutes later, the error was on the screen again.

I rebooted again, and within 30 minutes, Sage crashed again. This time I have enabled debug logging and will post (and submit) the log file.

Anyone else having these issues?

Stacy

yes--same problems here. How do you enable logging so i can submit a bug report. For me, it seemsed to happen only when i was connecting the mvp. Since that is the only thing i really use i never got into troubleshooting and quickly reverted back to an earlier version in time for survivor. It is possible the server would have crashed without intervention from the MVP but i'm not sure yet. i'm away for the weekend so can't submit bug report until sunday night....
--did this beta install a new Java by any chance?
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 03-31-2006, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
How do you enable logging so i can submit a bug report.
See the newest FAQ entry.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
Yes MCE keyboard. Note 19 on fix list said keyboard hook was disabled by default? Whatever that means.. I thought it implied support for mce kb was turned off unless you turned it on in registry..
B

Nah, MCE keyboard is still working fine...don't know what the "tech talk" meant

P
Old 03-31-2006, 01:02 PM
Sage Icon

Did not see this is the release notes, but does anyone know if the forced_video_storage_path_prefix property got fixed in this release?

thanks,
Old 03-31-2006, 01:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
Did not see this is the release notes, but does anyone know if the forced_video_storage_path_prefix property got fixed in this release?

thanks,
Yeah, there was a fix for this.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Sage Icon

Just installed and now I get crashes without anything obvious getting written to log files.

I'm running the SageTV service and it does not crash. However, if I put the UI (on the server machine) in to standby then it will crash. This happens everytime and I have captured log files from both the server and the client. I'll send them in.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
if I put the UI (on the server machine) in to standby then it will crash.
BTW: this is a known problem as mentioned in this thread. It is being worked on. Edit: and the fixed replacement file is here.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigfink
I don't know if the Placeshifter does this, but I think it would be a good idea. I love to listen to TV while I'm at work, but half the time I don't watch anything. It would save a lot of bandwidth if when you minimized the placeshifter the video was not transmitted, only the audio. When you maximize it again the video stream would come back. Do you think this is possible?
I requested for this feature also in a different post a couple of weeks ago. Minimizing an maximizing idea is neat but I think harder to implement. I would be happy just to have a checkbox option for Audio only. Currently, i just reduced the video bitrate to something like 56kbps to conserve bandwidth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
If you just load the java miniclient it doesn't do the video.

Gerry
Have you actually tried it? When I ran the miniclient.jar, I get full video with it.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Jeff

Can you address my license problem?
Old 03-31-2006, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
I requested for this feature also in a different post a couple of weeks ago. Minimizing an maximizing idea is neat but I think harder to implement. I would be happy just to have a checkbox option for Audio only. Currently, i just reduced the video bitrate to something like 56kbps to conserve bandwidth.

Have you actually tried it? When I ran the miniclient.jar, I get full video with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Now...you say you're happy just running the UI of the Placeshifter without any video. Well that can be done on any platform that supports Java. Just copy the MiniClient.jar file http://download.sage.tv/MiniClient.jar to that system and from the command line run this in the same directory that you put the MiniClient.jar file:
java -cp MiniClient.jar sage.miniclient.MiniClient
Did you run it with this command line? java -cp MiniClient.jar sage.miniclient.MiniClient

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:05 PM
Sage

From the release notes above:

2. IMPORTANT: The licensing for the Placeshifter is done on the server. It uses the same licensing as the SageTV Media Extender. They share the same trial period as well. After the trial is up you will need to have a Media Extender license installed on the server for each simultaneous connection you want to have for either a Media Extender or a Placeshifter
Old 03-31-2006, 07:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am sorry I did not make myself clear.

Yes I have the license, yes it was doing fine UNTIL I installed ALL the 4.11 upgrades. Now I cannot use the Placeshifter.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

Log File for Bug Report filed tonight

Here is my log file for the bug report (Sage Crashing) tonight. I seems you cannot attach a file to a bug report (?)

Stacy
Attached Files
File Type: zip rothwell log file.zip (375.3 KB, 214 views)
Old 03-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb
I am sorry I did not make myself clear.

Yes I have the license, yes it was doing fine UNTIL I installed ALL the 4.11 upgrades. Now I cannot use the Placeshifter.
Set the property debug_logging=TRUE in your Sage.properties file (while SageTV is not running) and then post your sagetv_0.txt log file here after you reproduce the problem.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Did you run it with this command line? java -cp MiniClient.jar sage.miniclient.MiniClient

Gerry
yep, thats how it is done, and I get video with it. I ask again, have you tried it or you are just basing it on what Jeff posted?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:23 PM
Administrator

You get video because you are running it from the location where the full Placeshifter is installed w/all of the supporting files. You have to put MiniClient.jar in its own directory.

Now the downside for what you are trying to do: if you run it the way that prevents video, you also don't get sound. The post that has Jeff's download links for just the Placeshifter also states that there is no music/video when using only MiniClient.jar -- it has no player. But, you do get full access to all the menus & so on to control the schedule, your favs, etc.

- Andy
Old 04-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Sage Icon

thanks for the clarification, andy. I was suspecting that was the problem but haven't had a chance to test it by removing the other files. Thanks for testing it out.

But nonetheless, the request for "audio-only" mode still stands for placeshifting. For the bandwidth-challenged, this will be great option as at least you can listen to the shows.

Old 04-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Just installed and now I get crashes without anything obvious getting written to log files.

I'm running the SageTV service and it does not crash. However, if I put the UI (on the server machine) in to standby then it will crash. This happens everytime and I have captured log files from both the server and the client. I'll send them in.
Ditto. Running as service which doesn't crash. UI crashes whenever my computer wakes up from standby.

Edit: Found provided fix, seems to work fine.

Using SageTV 7.1.9, Java 1.6.0_24 Win7 Home Premium on an
Asus M4N78-AM Mainboard, AMD Athlon II X2 215, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 2xTechnoTrend S-2400 as Network Encoder (LM DVB Smart Recorder), ATI Radeon HD 3450 with analog TV-Out on good old CRT TV (100Hz)
My avatar shows the world's best composer!!!

Last edited by owilsky; 04-01-2006 at 06:30 AM.