SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-01-2006, 04:50 AM
Sage Icon

USBUIRT - Remote Control Problems Questions

Hello - I have a few questions about the USBUIRT and programming the remote control:

1. If I used one remote and now want to use a different one, how do I just clear out all the remote control commands before programming the new remote. Is there a file somewhere that I would erase or clear out?

2. When I program the hauppauge remote it seems that if I press many if not most of the buttons twice then it gives a separate code the second time it is pressed and I don't understand why. Even the volume control or down arrow gives a different code the second time the button is pressed.

3. I noticed my DirecTv remote does not work right with the USBUIRT. The Volume up and Volume down give the same code and I do not understand why.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-01-2006, 05:38 AM
SageTVaholic

1. When using a USB-UIRT the codes are stored in the sage properties file. I've never used anything else so I don't know if it could be located somewhere else or not. If they are in the properties file you can remove the old codes by editing it. I don't recall exactly what it's called but it should be pretty easy to tell which ones are the ir codes. If you do a search of the forums you might find some more info, I know I've seen it posted before.

2. Some remotes toggle between two codes each time the button is pressed. You just need to link both of the codes to the command and it will work fine.

3. No clue.

Last edited by blade; 04-01-2006 at 05:47 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

Look in sageclient.properties (for Service Mode), and locate the ui/rc_mappings lines. Removing those will clear the IR commands from Sage (Make sure the client is shut down).

Two codes for a button is known as a Toggle Bit. It's one way to to get the function to repeat (such as volume up/down...you just press and hold and the volume slider moves until you release). Sage handles these no problem, just go through the button setup sequence twice. I've seen 4 codes for a button on some codes I get from the Harmony database...Sage handles those as well.

No clue. Remotecentral.com may know.

P
Old 04-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

One more thing - if I wanted my USBUIRT to work with other applications like Nero ShowTime media player, any idea how I could do that?

Thanks again for the replies.

Mike
Old 04-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Sage Icon

HIP or Girder. Heard HIP is easier to use.

P
Old 04-02-2006, 11:43 AM
Sage User

Two commands per button... who'd a thought! Solved my long standing problem and made my wife happy. Thanks Blade
Old 04-02-2006, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Today I saw 6 codes ...depended on how fast you pressed it. When setting up IR in Sage, I've found it helps to re-do the command 4 or 5 times, varying the speed and hold time...just to make sure you get all the codes for each button. The "Show Commands" option is good for a recon on your IR setup, to see what's doing.

P
Old 04-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

I got a USB-UIRT and I can't explain it but I can't seem to properly program my DirecTv remote. The problem is the VolUp and VolDn is sending the same code when I try and learn it via Sage or the Hip program. I cannot figure out why it is sending the same code?

Please Help,
Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Sage Icon

Finally - I figured out why the VolUp VolDn was displaying the same code. After almost beating my head against the wall or jumping out the nearest window I contacted DTV support (since it's a DTV remote) and together we realized the remote had never been programmed for a TV so the VolUp and VolDn did not send any codes that made any sense. Then I realized (obviously) the codes are dependent on the TV (I didn't realize the obvious).

Mike