SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:04 AM

Angry Newbie -- setting up -- no sound (Tuner configuration)

I am definitely new to SageTV. I use to have a Hauppauge pvr150, but something happened to it. It died. So in a hurry I bought a Hauppauge 250MCE. Found out that it is a Hauppauge Roslyn. Found out I have to install a third party software so I choose sagetv. I have installed the card, loaded SageTV4.1 on, connected svideo connection to the card as well as audio connections from my Dishnetwork unit.

I have it set up with no remote. Just plan on using the satallite receiver to change channels at this time. All I want to watch and record channels on my PC.

I have gone through the setup several times. I have uninstalled the software several times but I cannot get any sound. I get a video picture but NO sound.

I have gone through the socalled user manual and tried searching through the forum, but I know I am missing something. I did something stupid. So I am asking for some help.

My old card I was happy using the Hauppauge software to watch and record. It was very easy for me to use. Sagetv has a lot more steps

hardware
Dell Gx240 1.7ghx p4
756 ram
32 mb ati rage 128 ultra
20gig and a 200 gig hd
XPSP2
built in motherboard sound

Oh I also found the drivers for this card on this forum.
Video source shows Hauppauge WinTV 88x vidoe capture s-video

Thanks for your help