SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Extra SageTV Window with Server Turned On

In beta 10 after turning on the Server setting in Detailed Setup, after some time Sage bogged down and then popped up a second SageTV window about 1/4 the size of the main window. The window was titled something like "SageTV 0005df340023" (I have the number written down if it is important I can give the exact number).

This new window kept popping up from the background to the foreground, and would not let me do anything in the main Sage window. The first time this happened I re-installed version 10 over my existing install, and this time I killed Sage and then set the sage.properties Server property to false.

I think this extra little window is the client window that should be pushed to the MVP, but for some reason it shows up on the server. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 04-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Sage Fanatic

This is still happening to me after installing version 11 and now 12. It is definitely MVP related, since it only happens when I enable the Server in detailed setup, and my MVP will not boot the Sage client.

Any ideas?
Old 04-05-2006, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Try deleting all the .properties files in the clients directory, unplug power to the MVP, restart Sage and then plugin the MVP. Maybe the .properties files is corrupt. I haven't seen this error in any of the betas so far.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:42 AM
Sage

Sounds like the ui/remote_render property got set to false somehow in your MVP properties file. Deleting that file will fix the problem (gplasky's solution should work)
Old 04-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Try deleting all the .properties files in the clients directory, unplug power to the MVP, restart Sage and then plugin the MVP. Maybe the .properties files is corrupt. I haven't seen this error in any of the betas so far.

Gerry
That worked, thanks! I think it was STV related, I was using an old copy of the SageTV3 STV with a bunch of imports. I made a copy of the latest SageTV3.XML and re-imported all of my STVi's, turned on the server and all is well.