SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Sage

Smile SageTV V4.1.12 Beta Is Available

Hello all! SageTV 4.1.12 Beta is now available.

SageTV V4.1.12 Release Notes 4/4/06

Here's the notes from the first release on Placeshifting it in case it's new to you (be sure to read the IMPORTANT note at the end):

Placeshifting adds a new client program that allows the user to connect to their SageTV system from anywhere on the Internet. The placeshifting client has the full SageTV UI and it can also stream live/recorded audio & video. It will be known as the SageTV Placeshifter.

This release also includes the Locator feature of SageTV which can be used with placeshifting. The Locator feature allows the Placeshifter to find the IP address of your home server automatically. It does this through a 16-digit unique ID that is generated by SageTV. You can find this ID in System Information or in Detailed Setup->Advanced. Information on disabling this feature is in the release notes.

This release also includes automated UPnP setup of the port forwarding for the Placeshifter if you have a UPnP enabled router.

There's a few things you should know about placeshifting:
1. To setup the Placeshifter, the easiest way is to go through the main configuration wizard again.
2. IMPORTANT: The licensing for the Placeshifter is done on the server. It uses the same licensing as the SageTV Media Extender. They share the same trial period as well. After the trial is up you will need to have a Media Extender license installed on the server for each simultaneous connection you want to have for either a Media Extender or a Placeshifter.

That was the attempt to get you to read some of the more important release notes. And here's the download links:

SageTV
http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_V4_1_12Setup.exe

SageTV Client
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVClient_V4_1_12Setup.exe

SageTV Placeshifter
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVPlaces..._1_12Setup.exe

See this post for info about running just the placeshifter on a Windows PC w/o installing the full client. Or for running the Placeshifter on any Java-enabled platform (without video).

SageTV V4.1.12 Release Notes 4/4/06

Core Updates
1. Fixed bug where locales that had translations couldn't set the language to be English.
2. Fixed bug where focused components weren't getting evaluated after focus changes when there was component reuse
3. Fixed bug in TVTV source where the times were off by an hour after DST hit.
4. Fix: WinRawInput causes the crash when SageTV's waken up from tray.
5. Languages now have their first character capitalized since Java wasn't doing this internally

Extender Updates
1. Updated MVP kernel to deal with regressive loading issues

Placeshifter Updates
1. Added support for remote image transformations (scaling) on MiniClients
2. Added support for grahics scaling caches on MiniClients
3. Added support for offline image caching on MiniClients
4. Fixed aspect ratio support in the Placeshifter
5. Fixed bug where multiple locator clients may end up running if you enable-disable the server while SageTV is running.
6. Updated locator registration client to submit the external port configured for use with the Placeshifter
7. Detailed & Summary Statistics for Placeshifting streaming can now be seen by right-clicking on the title bar (only available in push mode streaming)

STV Updates
1. Fixed text shadow on "Scheduled to Record" text in top info area for scheduled shows.
2. UPnP config: If failed, remind user to confirm that UPnP is enabled and to check that the firmware is up to date.
3. UPnP config: for Auto UPnP Config, the external port will be reset to match the internal port if they are different. The user has to use Advanced config to keep a custom external port number.
4. Allowed various options to be displayed on Placeshifter client UI, such as full screen toggle.
5. Added current Placeshifter user name to the Sys Info screen.
6. Allowed clients to manage PS users and view server's Locator ID.
7. File/directory browsers now sort so that the directories are shown first and then the files

We hope you all enjoy. Please submit any bugs at http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html

Thanks again for your help!

Update

Attached is a zipped replacement SageTV3.xml (version 4.1.12.1a). This updated STV should allow the file browser to function correctly with java v1.4. Simply replace the existing SageTV3.xml in your <install path>\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3 directory & restart SageTV. If you are using java v1.5, you do not need this file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV3.zip (348.0 KB, 490 views)
Old 04-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Sage Icon

Found a bug in the new STV. I can't import in any stvi packages or even change the stv. No valid packages show up when trying to import or change stv.

edit: copying back in the stv from 4.1.11 works just fine for importing and changing.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

All my imports worked fine here.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Found a bug in the new STV. I can't import in any stvi packages or even change the stv. No valid packages show up when trying to import or change stv.

edit: copying back in the stv from 4.1.11 works just fine for importing and changing.
Not just valid packages, I can see any directories, etc.

B
Old 04-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

Quote:

I had the same thing--nothing shows up under Advanced/Import etc. I had to go into Sage Client Properties and change the very beginning to my latest stv. (Sagetv/Sagetv/stv/sagetv3/sagetv3-13.xml))
This happened a month or so ago on an update and someone told me how to fix and it is since I am running in Service mode which makes sage run the client for the UI.

Randy

HD-200 extender, 37 in. lcd tv (HDMI)
Old 04-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Sage Icon

I think to eliminate this problem, just delete the old SageTV3.stv file in your /STVs/SageTV folder. That old STV is no longer needed. I don't know why, but sometimes it loads this old file as default STV after upgrading. And when using the old SageTV3.stv, you cannot see and new STVs that use the XML format.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Please make sure you are trying to load an STV or STVi Import while using the SageTV3.xml file, version 4.1.12.1 (April 4, 2006) - the version is shown on the System Info screen.

There were a few code changes in the directory & file browser dialogs. It all worked when tested here, but it would be good to know whether anyone else sees problems. Don't forget that all subdirectories are now listed first in a file browser dialog, so if there are a lot of subdirs, be sure to scroll down.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Sage Icon

Yup using SageTV3.xml version 4.1.12.1.

There are no directories or files of any type listed in the browser. If you "up directory", you can't even drill back down to the original directory.

Deleting the SageTV3.stv did not help at all.

Running as standalone or in service mode did not help at all. Reinstalling 4.1.12 did not help. An installed 4.1.12 client on another computer works just fine.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

Yes,Andy, it said Sagetv3.xml. That is what really confused me. And, as stated, the right side box (for selection of stvi's and stv's) was totally blank. When I hit UP directory over and over nothing ever showed up.

Randy

HD-200 extender, 37 in. lcd tv (HDMI)
Old 04-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
STV Updates
7. File/directory browsers now sort so that the directories are shown first and then the files
Is this supposed to apply to the files/directories in the Video Library as well?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Is this supposed to apply to the files/directories in the Video Library as well?
It doesn't do that right now. This only applies to the pop-up file browsers.

Regarding not seeing any STV files to load/import: it would be good to see logs to see if it reports any errors. So far, I haven't been able to reproduce it... which makes it difficult to figure out what is happening.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Sage Icon

Here you go, one sagetvclient_0.txt with some errors in it.

edit.:

In order to help understand the log, I started sage UI with another stv loaded, switched to SageTV3.xml, then tried to load another. Even did one "up directory".
Attached Files
File Type: txt Copy of sagetvclient_0.txt (33.9 KB, 319 views)

Last edited by ke6guj; 04-04-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Sage Icon

I wonder if it has to do with the Java version installed. I'm running 1.5.0_06
This is just for the sake of giving info.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Sage Icon

Yup, I think that is it. I was just generating another log to see how it errors, and it show up as a "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Return type for Sort method is not a Comparable"

The server is Java 1.4 and errors, the client is Java 1.5 and is fine.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Administrator

I was about to wonder the same thing, since the log says it is using v1.4.2_06 & I'm using v1.5.0_06 too.

- Andy
Old 04-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

So Andy, do you recommend upgrading Java to 1.5? It seems that there have been a couple bugs lately that affected people with Java 1.4.

Is the installer still shipping with 1.4 or has it been updated to 1.5? I left my Java install alone, "not broke, don't fix it" mentallity, expecially since it seemed that Sage was "pushing" 1.4 by including 1.4. But if the coders are using 1.5?
Old 04-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Sage

This is a Java 1.4 specific bug. The Boolean class in Java didn't implement Comparable until 1.5. While I love Java....there are some days that it annoys me.

Upgrading to Java 1.5 will fix this problem. Well also post an updated STV with the fix shortly that'll work on 1.4 JVMs.

EDIT: Not sure how shortly that'll be. The fix is a little trickier than we anticipated.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
Can we get someone from the sage camp to address why upgrading affects the placeshifting accounts? As I explained every time I upgrade I have to go throught this ceremony of disabling accounts.. shutting sage down.. enabling accounts.. shutting down sage.. sometimes deleting all accounts and doing what I described. I know I am not the only one having this issue.

Quote:
This is a Java 1.4 specific bug. The Boolean class in Java didn't implement Comparable until 1.5. While I love Java....there are some days that it annoys me.

Upgrading to Java 1.5 will fix this problem. Well also post an updated STV with the fix shortly that'll work on 1.4 JVMs.
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8
Old 04-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Sage

cmaffia,

How about submitting a bug report on that?
Old 04-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to cmaffia
I should have guessed that was coming

Quote:
cmaffia,

How about submitting a bug report on that?
Server: Dual Tuner: PVR-150MCE/PVR-250MCE/SageTV v5.02/Asus Pundit-R 2.4GHZ/512MB DDR RAM/250 GB Maxtor HD (8MB Buffer) External Seagate 400GB HD via USB 2.0/Onboard ATI 9100 using SVIDEO TV-Out/Nvidia DVD decoder/Actisys 200L IR Blaster (Dish receiver) USBUIRT (DirectTV receiver)/Lite-On 4X DVD-R/RW/Windows XP Pro SP2/Adesso Mini IR Keyboard w/integrated mouse/Tivo "Peanut" Remote via USBUIRT/Dish Network Model 301/DirectTV subscriber/Webserver Plugin v2.8