SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Sage User

Issue using new MediaMVP box and 4.1.11

For the past few weeks I've been using a borrowed, rev1 version of the MediaMVP box with my SageTV server. All has been working fine - great playback, no issues on my SageTV server.

A few days ago my brand new MediaMVP box (rev H1, screen shows version 2.04) arrived from SageTV. Per the directions included, last night I loaded the beta of 4.1.11 of SageTV (required for the new MediaMVP). Rebooted my SageTV box, then went and plugged in the new MediaMVP.

It initialized, then searched the network for a server. Found my one server and asked me to select which one to use. ?? Selected that one server and it wrote it to memory, then said, "Contacting Server...Loading Application." There's 7 or 8 boxes at the bottom that fill sequentially to show it's doing something. It fills them all up, empties them, fills the first one, then seems to lock up. I wait patiently, never comes back. Sigh.

Reboot the MVP box, and it repeats - this time, though, it pauses at the one-filled-box, then loads up SageTV client. Woot! Playback seemed a bit choppy. I messed around a bit and it locked up on me. Rebooted it, and it froze at the one-filled box part of "Loading Application." Waited a good 5 min, still locked up. Rebooted it again...booted up fine into SageTV client.

Last night we watched House at 9pm. Afterward, I switched to SageTV (living room computer, not MVP) to watch Scrubs and found it had crashed, "This application has encountered an error..." No Scrubs recorded. Bah!

This morning my wife complained, "Playback sucks, it's really choppy."

So, what should I look into? Is this a 4.1.11 issue? As stated, with the older version of the MediaMVP and my older version of SageTV, all was wonderful, so I don't think there's a network issue here.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage

Upgrade to 4.1.12 to see if that helps. If not, submit a bug report on this.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Sage User

I'm in the same boat. Tried 4.1.12 and the new MVP cannot find the server. It just sits there asking me to press "OK" to rescan. Submitted a bug report this morning. can't roll back to 4.1.11 because it crashes sage.exe. not sure if the process is still running or not, I'll check tonight
--tim

Edit: Just remoted in, Sage.exe (4.1.11) bombed with the following error in the EV "Faulting application sagetv.exe, version 2.0.0.1, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x141810b0." The Service is still running, and I'm on Java 1.5.0...

Last edited by tlimon; 04-05-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Sage User

OKay, I'm up and running now with 4.1.12. No problems to speak of. Here's the play by play:

1) Received my new MVP adorned with the shiny new SPDIF jack on the back.
2) Read the cute little note about "downloading 4.1.11 from sage"
3) Went to the specified beta web site, which linked to 4.1.12 instead, downloaded and installed
4) Hooked everything up to the MVP and booted
RESULT: MVP hangs on the "choose server page" with a blank list of servers.
5) Checked server enabled for MVP and placeshifting.
6) Checked all the network connections.
7) Installed Hauppage's MVP software to see if it was a bad MVP
RESULT: MVP works. It's not a network issue, its not a hardware issue. Now, on to sage...
8) Turned off the Hauppauge server
9) Read the forums for a half an hour
10) Hacked the download link to get the older 4.1.11 beta since that *WAS* the one recommended on the cute little slip of paper. Installed
RESULT: MVP begins loading the sage software. A real break through after 2 hours of my geekolicous play time.
11) Noticed the Sage server (sage.exe) crashed every time I shutdown the MVP. SageTV process still runs.
12) Updgraded to 4.1.12
RESULT: Works! No issues... (touch wood, or silicon)

I can't understand why the MVP would load 4.1.12 during the initial startup, but would load 4.1.11. Getting a hold of that older version was the key.

--tim
Old 04-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Sage User

Loading Application Freeze

Hello,

Thought I'd just add to the chorus...I'm having the same problem where the MVP freezes on "loading application" 4.1.12 is installed, upgraded from 4.1. This is a new MVP ordered and shipped from Sage this week. I also saw the little note telling me to upgrade to 4.1.11 but then could only download 4.1.12. I've submitted a bug report and I'll try to get my hands on 4.1.11 tonight and see if that helps.

Strangely, I have been able to get the Sage UI up for fleeting moments, but whenever something has to be restarted, rebooted, or reconnected it doesn't come back and I haven't figured out the magic solution to make it come back yet. I don't think the network is the issue, my laptop client was using the same network ports and wiring. I've even gone so far as to have my router assign fixed IP's to the server and the MVP and then I've completely opened all ports between those two IP's. Humm.

I also tried reverting to 4.1, then reinstalling 4.1.12, since right after the upgrade is when the system was most stable...but that didn't help.

Thank you all for your help, if I find a magic solution I'll post for all.

Best Regards, -ds
Old 04-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Sage User

Sage TV
http://download.sage.tv/SageTV_V4_1_11Setup.exe

Client
http://download.sage.tv/SageTVClient_V4_1_11Setup.exe
Old 04-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Sage User

Still MVP application load issues

Hello all,

Just to update on the MVP hanging on "application loading":

I received an updated mvp.bin file from Sage, unfortunately it did not really solve the problem. The MVP comes up with the Sage UI some of the time, maybe only 10%. Can't really figure out what causes it to load vs. fail. I downgraded to 4.1.11 and am using this new mvp.bin.

The MVP does not come back after a crash or simple power off. It does come back from a standby. I've been spending a bit too much time rebooting and reworking things so the current workaround was to plug it and the server into a UPS get it running (I managed to get it to load the UI by quickly unplugging the unit and plugging it back in when it was stuck on "application loading") then just leave it on until the issues can perhaps be resolved.

-ds
Old 04-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Just wanted to say that I have seen the same problems with the new version of the MediaMVP. I tried both 4.1.11 and 4.1.12.