SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-06-2006, 03:23 AM
Sage Icon

Full Screen On Startup

Hello - I can't seem to get Sage to launch full screen on startup. I already have Sage in my startup folder and I have right clicked on the Icon and told it to launch maximized and I have told it to run full screen in the Sage setup and it still won't do it. I have to manually maximize it when I turn on the computer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-06-2006, 03:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Load at windows startup -> Yes in Full Screen mode.

This sets a property (ui/startup_type=1) to define the full screen startup mode, and adds a registry key to start sage when the user logs in (HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\SageTV)

To start sage at any other time in the startup mode defined in detailed setup run the sage exe with the parameter -startup

(FAQ'd)

Last edited by nielm; 04-06-2006 at 04:04 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:10 AM
Sage Icon

Okay - I found the problem. On my workstation I have been normalizing the screen before quitting Sage and windows remembers this. Is there a way to quit out of Sage without normalizing it so that you can turn the computer off (if you want to). I seem to have to normalize the window to click the X in the upper right corner. Otherwise, without an EndTask there is no way to quit Sage.

But, I should add - if I normalize the window, I still want Sage maximized on some of my PC's when Sage starts again and I'm not sure how to do this. It seems to be dependent on what the last setting was the last time Sage was running.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-06-2006, 06:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
Is there a way to quit out of Sage without normalizing it so that you can turn the computer off (if you want to). I seem to have to normalize the window to click the X in the upper right corner. Otherwise, without an EndTask there is no way to quit Sage.
Try nielm's Exit plugin ...

Quote:
But, I should add - if I normalize the window, I still want Sage maximized on some of my PC's when Sage starts again and I'm not sure how to do this. It seems to be dependent on what the last setting was the last time Sage was running.
Yep, this is indeed a PITA ...

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 04-06-2006 at 06:09 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a way to quit out of Sage without normalizing it so that you can turn the computer off (if you want to). I seem to have to normalize the window to click the X in the upper right corner. Otherwise, without an EndTask there is no way to quit Sage.
I just press the power button on the case. Sage closes and then XP shuts down. When I restart the computer Sage starts up in fullscreen.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:30 AM
SageTVaholic

I press the power button on the MCE Remote and Sage and the computer sleeps. Press it again it comes back up full screen ready to go. I have it configured in Sage to start with Windows fullscreen.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, this is all fine, but if you use the computer also for other stuff then you sometimes need access to the desktop and have to put Sage in windowed mode. If you shut down the computer without remembering to bring Sage back to fullscreen first, next time it will boot up in windowed mode. It would be nice if the setting in Sage would override this ...

Dirk
Old 04-06-2006, 09:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yeah, this is all fine, but if you use the computer also for other stuff then you sometimes need access to the desktop and have to put Sage in windowed mode. If you shut down the computer without remembering to bring Sage back to fullscreen first, next time it will boot up in windowed mode. It would be nice if the setting in Sage would override this ...

Dirk
I agree, but there's nothing we can do but offer advice on how we handle it. You could always file a bug report or feature request with Sage.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:43 AM
SageTVaholic

flachbar, blade: the -startup parameter I mentioned above overrides the 'last window size/position' and uses the full screen/systray option defined in detailed setup. If you update your shortcuts to use -startup, and set Full Screen in detailed setup, Sage always starts in Full Screen mode (I do this to work around switching-to-FSE issues)
Old 04-06-2006, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Awesome, didn't know that !

Thanks Niel !

Edit: did you already mention this in the original post ?
Should have read more carefully ...

Last edited by dflachbart; 04-06-2006 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Cool, I'll have to add that.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Sage Icon

Nielm - well I tried that and it does not work. I have a shortcut and for the target I tried putting:

"C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTVClient.exe" -startup

and I have it set in detailed setup to run in full screen and I even set the properties on the shortcut to run in full screen and it still does not work.

On another but more important note: How can I tell Sage and the computer to sleep when pressing a power button? Also, why would one want to put the computer to sleep? Is it a power saving feature? Less drain on hard drive life (I suppose that could already be done in power management). When Sage sleeps does it stop transmitting the current movie (stop button)?

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 04-07-2006, 02:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Nielm - well I tried that and it does not work
hmmm.. works for me The properties on the shortcut are ignored in any case because Sage is not a 'normal' window. After setting it to full screen in detailed setup, and after exiting SageClient can you check that SageClient.properties has ui/startup_type=1
Quote:
On another but more important note: How can I tell Sage and the computer to sleep when pressing a power button?
This would be best in a separate thread, and depends on what remote you use.