SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Sage Icon

As a sidebar, what are the other main advantages you find with Sage over MCE besides stability and number of tuners (if tuners is just a registry hack then that does not apply but you said 3 so I don't know if 3 becomes the limit or one may have 4 or more like Sage allows)?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am getting serious motion artifacts with my nvidia tuner. stills look great, but have somebody running and the damn thing looks like it is at 320x240 or something. I am going trhough this post to see if there is any tweaking needed. if someone knows this, put it here for me...
Old 05-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Sage Icon

What is your quality setting? Also, when watching TV go to the task manager and I'm curious as to the CPU resources Sage is using. I know for me, there was a real problem in the upgrade unless I set detailed setup to Overlay and not use VMR 9 or Default.

Mike
Old 05-17-2006, 10:38 PM

Is anyone using one of these cards with a MVP extender? I was wondering how much of the improvement in picture quality that people are noticing is due to having the Purevideo decoders installed with the package, which are not used on the MVP.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
What is your quality setting? Also, when watching TV go to the task manager and I'm curious as to the CPU resources Sage is using. I know for me, there was a real problem in the upgrade unless I set detailed setup to Overlay and not use VMR 9 or Default.

Mike
well, I was aout to say that I had recordig quality set to DVD stadard play and fgured I should double check. for some reason the new card had a different uality setting than the main setting. adjusted that and will see if it helps. so dumb...
Old 05-19-2006, 01:35 PM

AnandTech Review the NVIDIA DualTV MCE TV Tuner

http://www.anandtech.com/multimedia/...spx?i=2761&p=1
To bad the torrent file dosen't work I want check it out been nobody has upload a clip that I ask for.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Sage User

Nvidia dual tv

I am considering the Nvidia dualtv card over the pvr-500. I have a pentium 3 -866 dell computer with 512 ram I am considering using as a dedicated server. I also have 1 pvr-150 I am using now. I have one media mvp and will add 2 or 3 more. My question is is the 866 enough to handle the 3 tuners and 4 media mvp's? Are the nvidia's hardware decoders like the PVR-150? I noticed that the pvr-150 pulls between 1-4 percent cpu at best dvd quality recording, I think thats impressive.... although the picture is not that clear.

Last edited by mazakmaster; 05-21-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Another DualTV user

Installed DualTV last night and so far it's working well with my 2 PVR250-16s. I installed the drivers via the hardware installation wizard, but needed to install the decoders via the main setup program on the CD (see the 'wrong length comments in earlier posts).

I have also noticed that the recording volume is lower than with the 250s. Is there perhaps a tuner-specific setting in sage.properties that might help?

Andy.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

I asked the exact same thing & never got a reply. If you ever do find a way and it's not posted here, would you be so kind as to post it here as well.

Thanx
Old 06-02-2006, 07:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Has anyone tested this card's closed caption support? Is it compatible with Sage at all?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:52 AM
SageTVaholic

I just ordered a DualTV card. I see that it comes with the Purevideo decoder, a nice bonus that is useless to me since I use MVPs exclusively to view recorded shows. This might not be the right place to ask, but does anybody know if it is legal to sell or trade the purevideo decoder license?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:20 PM

DualTV ext#3,#4 inputs?

It looks like there are 2 s-video inputs on the card edge of the DualTV card,
and 2 external inputs on the PCB for front panel or other Svideo
inputs, has anyone been able to use these?

I have no use the tuners on any of the cards, but I could use multiple
s-video inputs, if only 2 at a time, saves me having to move wires.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

two dual tv working yet?

Hi,

I just installed two DualTv cards in my xp pro computer. Both show in my harrdware list, when I installed sage it appeared to show both, BUT... it apparently only allowed one tuner install per card.

In other words, I added two tuners in the sage set up, now does that mean only two of the four? or when sage installs one card it installs both tuners?

I suspect I only have 2 of 4 working... how do you get all four working? is it now possible?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:00 AM
Sage User

If you look earlier in this thread it's a common problem. So far sage cannot support two of them at once (nor can mce I believe). Though I believe Nvidia is working with sage to some extent to resolve this issue.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthepenguinfly
If you look earlier in this thread it's a common problem. So far sage cannot support two of them at once (nor can mce I believe). Though I believe Nvidia is working with sage to some extent to resolve this issue.
It's not a matter of Sage being unable to support two of them. Nvidia's drivers don't allow it. If Nvidia ever offers drivers that support the use of two cards it should work in Sage.