SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Turn your services back on for media center. ehtray has nothing to do with the tuners AFAIK. Just the remote.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Turn your services back on for media center. ehtray has nothing to do with the tuners AFAIK. Just the remote.

Gerry
That was the first thing I did - turn the services back on and re-boot. I only thought ehtray was for the remote to communicate.

nonetheless, is there a way to reverse your uninstallation so that ehtray shows back up in the registry where it was removed from?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria View Post
Q: Can SageTV use the MCE IR blaster to control my satellite/cable box?

A: Unknown at this time.
Is this still unknown?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

You can use the MCE IR Blaster to control your STB but it will require 3rd party software as Sage does not directly support it.

In the past I have used HIP with success but recently I have switched to LM Remote Keymap as I find it to be a simplier and more effective application.

If you head over to the LM Remote Keymap site there is a guide on how to implement the software for SageTV, its a free download but they do accept donations if you are so inclined.

http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp

-Striker-
Old 07-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

MCE Remote / "Back" out of Program Guide

This is probably a really silly question from a SageTV newbie :-) -- how does one "back" out of the Program Guide using the MCE remote?

If it makes any difference, I have SageTV setup to use the MCE remote (Microsoft version even) with Intelliremote installed and NOT using the SageTV profile but the MCE one. The "left arrow" just goes back in time and the "back <--" button doesn't do anything.

Via the keyboard, it seems the only way to get out of the guide is to mouse pointer up to the "< SageTV" link.

I must be missing something obvious but I just don't know what :-) Thanks!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Sage Expert

With the 'back' button of course . I just tested it.
I also use intelliremote. You don't need it, btw, for Sage to work. So maybe you need to not use the MCE or Sage profiles. Just go through each command the blank 'em out.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSchaft View Post
I also use intelliremote. You don't need it, btw, for Sage to work. So maybe you need to not use the MCE or Sage profiles. Just go through each command the blank 'em out.
Hi Mitch and thanks for the response.

Of course if "Back" was working for me, I wouldn't be posting here ;-) When you say "back" do you mean the "<" back arrow button or the "<-- back" button?

Like I said, using the "<" back button just scrolls through the guide (backwards in time). It doesn't get me out of the Guide. And using "<-- back" does nothing.

And I'm a little confused -- are you saying that you don't use ANY profiles with Intelliremote? I've been using Intelliremote for a while now (mostly via my iPhone) and I think it auto-selects the profile you're using when an application has focuse so it seems very strange to me you're not using any profile. If I explicitly select the "Intellitemote" profile then the arrow keys just move the mouse pointer around, not really intelligently moving from place place on the screen.

And why would I want to go through each command and blank them out exactly? That sounds like trouble to me! ;-) Anyhow, I need this working with Intelliremote :-)

Also which remote control are you using? And what remote do you have configured with Sage in the settings?

Perhaps I should also mention I'm on Vista SP2 with no keyboard or mouse (though I can remotely connect via radmin but would like to not do that as either) and have no extra Sage customizations installed.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Sage Expert

The whole point of intelliremote is the ability to customize what buttons you want to do what. I've talked to the author many times. He defaults buttons to certain commands, but the point is to customize it to the way you need. Using the MCE remote/usb in Sage is fully supported and you do not need to use intelliremote (afaik). So, all those defaulted commands in Intelliremote are useless since the remote already works with sage by default.

I only use intelliremote in conjunction with the MCE remote's power button to send my monitor to sleep via another program 'power-off'. The other buttons work fine with Sage, so I get rid of all the other commands since they're not needed. Otherwise, it sends doublecommands. You hit the '2' button and '22' comes up, for instance.

I'm talking about the back button, not the left arrow.

I use this remote/usb controller. I use WinXP Pro. Just choose MCE remote in Sage setup. I don't know anything about Vista, though.

I don't know if it's a SageMC thing, but I think the MCE remote/usb is supported in the default STV of sage.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Sage Icon

While a work around, hitting the "Green Button" will take you out of the Guide and to the Main Menu.

P
Old 07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Sage Expert

I guess if you have to use Intelliremote, couldn't you remap the back button to do what you want?
Old 07-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the follow-up posts. I'm still a tad confused, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
While a work around, hitting the "Green Button" will take you out of the Guide and to the Main Menu.
P
You mean the MCE green button that starts up MC (or takes you "home" once MCE has started)? I haven't disabled MCE stuff and don't really plan on doing so as I use it for other things... so when I try that while in Sage, MCE starts up...

Quote:
I guess if you have to use Intelliremote, couldn't you remap the back button to do what you want?
Yes, I'll try that... I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to map it to precisely since "back" works fine everywhere else ;-) Just in the case of the Guide, "back" takes me back in time in the TV schedule -- which isn't a bad thing

(Also, I used the regedit hack to disable the double push issue between the MCE receiver/Intelliremote so no need for other modifications for that bit )

Thanks again for the responses, my delay in getting back has been due to rebuilding the said Vista box due to some other experimenting (that had nothing to do with SageTV).
Old 07-27-2009, 06:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
Yes, I'll try that... I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to map it to precisely since "back" works fine everywhere else ;-) Just in the case of the Guide, "back" takes me back in time in the TV schedule -- which isn't a bad thing
Map it to Alt-Left Arrow.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Sage Expert

You have to disable MCE for Sage to work properly, FYI.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You have to disable MCE for Sage to work properly, FYI.
What in Sage doesn't work if you don't disable MCE?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Gerry
Awesome, thanks! I'll give that a try later today

Also, for anyone who's still following along, Melloware (Intelliremote developer) has updated the sagetv.xml profile for the latest version of Sage...
Old 07-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Gerry
Rockin! That did the trick, thank you!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:23 AM
Sage User

I have been trying to configure my Sage to use my iR Blaster with little luck. I purchased the LM Remote Keymap. LM was able to communicate with the iR Blaster just fine. I can't get Sage to interact with the iR Blaster. After spending the last few days searching this forum, I am thinking I need to reinstall Sage. I installed the iR Blaster after the initial install.

My goal is to use my WMC remote to change the channel on my cable STB. I am about to throw in the towel and purchase the USB-UIRT. How complex is it to setup Sage to use the USB-UIRT?
Old 11-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Running Sage 7 and setting up a remote; hoping to use the pre-programmed MCE set.

However, when I got to Setup --> Detailed Setup --> Commands -->

I have no "Remote Config".

Are the MCE remotes supported natively now, or is the option somewehre else?
Old 11-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Sage Icon

Native, set it to "MCE Remote".

P