SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Sage User

Unhappy New HD User

I have been a user of SAGE for a long time and never had a problem. I finally decided to break down and upgrade to HD. I added two Avermedia A180 cards and get great reception on all OTA HD channels. System seems to record correctly and I am able to play back fine. Doesnt matter what quality I set it records to .TS files. When i try to play these files outside of Sage using TheaterTek or media player I see nothing but a blank screen and no sound . I am using the lastest NVIDA codex. Help!
Old 04-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

The quality settings have no effect on OTA HD recordings. They are broadcast in digital and just written directly to the HD by the tuner. Mine are .ts files to.

Now, as to why they cant be played with other players I do not know.

Jesse.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Sage User

Well, my data point is way off, then. I have an aver 180 card, and it records .mpg files. When I play them in media player, they go fast and stop, go fast and stop.

I have a linux system with 2 pchdtvr's in it, and it makes ts files. When I play them in media player, they look fine.

Speaking of aver 180 cards, does the stock application from aver work for anyone? I scan and get no channels, but I can get channels in sage.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Intersting - well, I have 2 Hauppauge 250s and an AverMedia A180 card capturing locals OTA in my rig. All works dandy across the boards. The TV application AverMedia incudes works fine (although it's very lame) - the signal thing works but is highly inaccurate. I hooked my antenna up to my Plasma TV to dial it in since the signal meter on the Pannasonic is very accurate and updates in real time.

The output is MPEG files regardless of if I'm recording from within Sage or from the AverMedia TV application and they play fine both within Sage and from within Windows Media player - I tried Power DVD 6 as well - no problems.
Basement: HD Extender connected to Dell projector.
Back room: MVP 1000 hooked to 21" CRT TV.
Bedroom: MVP 1000 hooked to 27" CRT TV.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Sage User

Real problem

The real problem isnt with watching the HD recordins within SAGE. It is the .ts file that it produces isnt readable by any of my other programs such as Media Palyer, Theatertek etc. Anybody have any ideas. Concerning the previous posts, by two Happ.. 150 capture in Mpg and the A180 capture to .ts files. I just want the files created o be transferable to another macine.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Sage User

Look for projectx. That is what I used to convert ts files from my linux machine to watch them in media player on windows.

I don't have to do that now that I have the purevideo drivers. I don't know why that isn't working for you.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Sage User

More Info

I am running v 4.1.3.67
Old 04-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Sage User

Problems resolved

Changed to 4.1.6 and all problems solved