SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Question Sage "forgetting about" recordings

I have a problem that a search hear did not seem to uncover a solution for.

Somewhere along the way, Sage forgot about several shows that it recorded. they do not show up in my recordings list, but they are in my recordings directories. they are valid recordings because I can play them with WMP and it is not a matter of Sage forgetting about one whole directory because there are other recordings in the directory that are seen and listed corectly. I tried "moving" the recordings between directories by stoping the service then moving a file then restarting, in hopes that sage would pick them up, but no joy. From reading the forum, I understand that I might be able to move the missing files into a new directory and then do a media import on them, but then I believe will loose all the program info on them (if I havent already).

Anyone have any suggestions or thread resources to point me to? Im using the latest beta of Sage, btw.

Thanks,
Nick
Old 04-13-2006, 08:39 AM
Administrator

One thing to do would be to use the Options command on the SageTV Recordings screen & check the Display Filter to make sure that all recordings are being listed.

If that doesn't do it, then maybe they aren't complete recordings or else a new wiz.bin is in use & those shows were from an older wiz.bin. Not sure what else would cause it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Sage Expert

Same thing has happened to me in the past few days. One show which I recorded a month or so ago and have watched several times (so I know it was under TV Recordings) has now disappeared and is now visible in imported videos instead.

Do I file a bug report?
Old 04-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Is it in the Video Library menu, or the Archived Recordings menu?

If it is in the Video Library, I'm not sure what would cause that if you haven't moved the file around, changed drive letters, recording dirs, etc. If you have a log from when this happened, SageTV might be able to tell via a bug report.

If they are in the Archived Recordings menu, then the show got archived, perhaps by selecting that button in the video pop-up options menu. All you have to do is unarchive it or included archived shows in the regular recordings menu.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Sage Expert

Its in the Video Library. Have not changed drives or moved any files around but did upgrade from 4.1.10 to 4.1.12 yesterday, it may have happened then but I'm not entirely sure.

If I sent the "Wiz.bin.SageTV V4.1.10.81" that was created when I upgraded, could it be checked to see if the data for the show is in there i.e. suggesting that it may have been lost on upgrade?
Old 04-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Administrator

You could report it to SageTV to see if they have anything to say about it.

You did install the upgrade to the same directory, right?

You could try this: close SageTV (or the service), make a copy of the current wiz.bin, then copy the .81 backup version to wiz.bin, and restart SageTV to see if it sees the file again. If you turn on debugging, maybe the log would even indicate something. (Set the property: debug_logging=TRUE)

- Andy
Old 04-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Interestingly enough, all of my "missing" shows are now showing up in the imported Videos directory as well. Asside from doing the upgrades, into the same directory, nothing on my system has changed. hum...

Nick
Old 04-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l
Interestingly enough, all of my "missing" shows are now showing up in the imported Videos directory as well. Asside from doing the upgrades, into the same directory, nothing on my system has changed. hum...

Nick
I have also seen this behavior immediatly after upgrading from .10 to .11. I have about 25 shows now in the imported video directory that were in the show directory before. Pretty annoying.