SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-15-2006, 12:41 AM
Sage User

First Run "Simpsons" problem

Hey guys, first time poster and user of Sage 4.0. Love it, its features, and interface.

However, I am having one small problem, and maybe I am missing something on here, but search turned up nothing. Being new, I'm not sure where to find the solution I'm looking for, so here goes.

The last three weeks, Fox has run new episodes of the Simpsons. I have a favorite set up to record First Runs of the Simpsons on Sundays only. However, when I try to watch the recordings, it shows maybe one second of it, then the hard drive churns, and then it asks if I want to delete the recording.

The first time it did this, I let it go, figuring there was a hiccup. But it has done it three weeks in a row, so now it's a problem. I record West Wing at the same time, and those record without issue. When I record two other shows at the same time, both of them turn out fine. It just seems to be the Simpsons.

Any clue what could be the problem? Thanks!
Old 04-15-2006, 03:46 AM
SageTVaholic

How many tuners do you have in your setup?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Sage User

Two PVR-150s.

What is weird is it only does it to the Simpsons. West Wing has recorded every time. It is just the Simpsons. And I've recorded two shows at once many times without issue.

Last edited by swishbish33; 04-15-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Make sure the favorite doesn't have some strange padding that sets it to record almost nothing. (How large is the recorded file on the hard drive? Detailed Info for the show should show a GB size also.)

Do other shows on the same channel record OK?

Is the fav set to use a specific recording quality setting? If so, try changing it and/or check if other recordings work using that setting.

Is someone sitting down to watch live TV at the same time that Simpsons starts & they cancel the recording to watch their show?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Make sure the favorite doesn't have some strange padding that sets it to record almost nothing. (How large is the recorded file on the hard drive? Detailed Info for the show should show a GB size also.)
No padding. The file size says 2.87gb.

Quote:
Do other shows on the same channel record OK?
Yes. Family Guy records 30 minutes later on the same channel as a Favorite, at the same time it records a show my brother watches (also as a Favorite), and it records both of them properly.

Quote:
Is the fav set to use a specific recording quality setting? If so, try changing it and/or check if other recordings work using that setting.
It uses the default setting that I use for all of the recordings. I will try changing it to see if that works.

Quote:
Is someone sitting down to watch live TV at the same time that Simpsons starts & they cancel the recording to watch their show?
No. We don't use it to watch live TV, only to record.

This is really a head scratcher. I wish it would reproduce on something else so I could figure it out, but it's just the Simpsons, and only First Run Simpsons on Sunday nights. It will record rerun, syndicated Simpsons without issue.

I'm confused as hell, but deeply appreciative of the help!
Old 04-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Administrator

I would set the debug_logging=TRUE property & sent the log to SageTV to see if they find anything.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.