SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Sage User

STB control and setup questions

I'm definitely new to Sage TV and still have a lot to learn.
I have a few questions that I can’t find answered in the forums.

When setting up my remote (USB UIRT) if I make a mistake, how do I remove the remote codes that are wrong. You can over-write, but I can’t see a way to remove bad codes or even start over from the beginning. Where are the remote and KBD codes stored? Then, I could save the default and go back if needed. Sometimes I inadvertently kill key functions of my wireless KBD and can’t get them back without deleting and reloading Sage.

I have a Hauppauge PVR500MCE dual tuner TV board. They appear as HAUPPAUGE and HAUPPAUGE#2. I currently have both set for “San Diego Timer-Warner Cable Ready TV” EPG and it works OK. I want to set it up so I can tune the digital channels with my STB (Pioneer DB-V1000), so I tried to make the UIRT control it. That failed, but I’ll try again, because I know that has been done. Is there a pre-built file for STB control? Where are the IR codes held? I should be able to use tuner #1 for 0-100 (CBL RDY TV EPG) and tuner #2 for STB (Extended Digital EPG with S-Video in) control. Is there a way to use tuner #2 for STB (S-Video) AND 0-100 (Tuner)? Can I have a different EPG on the tuners? Seems like a kind of a waste to not use the tuner in the #2 side.

Also, I tried to record a movie from VHS VCR to the Hauppauge card and connected my VCR to S-video and L/R inputs. I got video, but no audio. I guess I could use sound card in, but it seems the two tuners should show up as sound cards or inputs on my volume control panel, but they don’t. Any ideas on how I should set this up?

Thanks,
Mike
Athlon64 3200+ 2.0GHz, 1GB RAM, XP Home, 200GB and 300GB Barracuda HDs, Toshiba DVD/RW DL, eVGA GeForce 6600 256MB TV/HD-DVI out, WinTV-PVR-500 MCE, WinTV-PVR-150 MCE, USB UIRT + remote, XGene wireless KBD, Panasonic TH42PX60U HDTV, SA-8300HD STB on Time Warner Expanded Digital Cable San Diego, JVC receiver, Energy Take2.5 surround sound, Sony DVD player