SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 10:18 PM
SageTVaholic

It'll be SageMC only at first, but only due to time contraints. Once the dust settles i'll start working on porting it to the default STV.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Edit EDL.

Hi there,

I'm a recent Sage convert so forgive me if what I am asking for has already been done.

I really like the look of the new DVD burning mod. It seems to be better than any DVD burning solution that I've seen for any pvr platform period. I haven't checked out the current release yet due to reported problems with transcoder changes in beta 6 so will wait for the new version to be released.

In the meantime I read that the new version will automatically cut files based on the commskip (or other) generated edl. I've been looking about but haven't been able to find any mention of an EDL editor. I'd like to be able to tweak the cut points in my shows before burning them (preferably with my remote).

In BTV I used to launch a program called IGCutter which could update the smartchapter info (like edl) for the current show. I thought that I might be able to work out how to add a send to option to edit sage recordings in the same way however IGCutter doesn't currently support editing edl files.

Does anyone do something like this already?

What would be really nice is the ability to update the edl from within the player something like the screenshots below show for myth;

I don't yet know enough about Sage and Studio to understand how possible this would be. What do you think?

Mick.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp
In the meantime I read that the new version will automatically cut files based on the commskip (or other) generated edl. I've been looking about but haven't been able to find any mention of an EDL editor. I'd like to be able to tweak the cut points in my shows before burning them (preferably with my remote).

In BTV I used to launch a program called IGCutter which could update the smartchapter info (like edl) for the current show. I thought that I might be able to work out how to add a send to option to edit sage recordings in the same way however IGCutter doesn't currently support editing edl files.

Does anyone do something like this already?
I'm working on something to do exactly this from within SageTV. Give me a few weeks maybe to finalize my design and test it however. Of course it isn't as fancy as Myth's but I could look at something like that too.

BobP.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 11-08-2006 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 02:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
I'm working on something to do exactly this from within SageTV. Give me a few weeks maybe to finalize my design and test it however. Of course it isn't as fancy as Myth's but I could look at something like that too.

BobP.
Excellent. I'll look forward to seeing it. Let me know if you'd like a hand testing anything.

Mick.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question Problem and Question

First of all, I'd like to thank evilpenguin for this phenomenal plugin. Thanks to you, I’m not stuck with the meager offerings of very basic cable at my girlfriends house.

I have both an issue and a question, but I guess I should give a bit of background and explain my setup first.

I originally had SageServer set up in my bedroom’s pc, with all the DVD burning mod components installed on this machine. I had this setup working well. But I recently purchased a dedicated machine for Sage and I now have SageServer (ver5.0.4) on that machine, with my bedroom pc as a client, as well as a second client in the living room. I’m using SageMC (6.13a) with UNC paths (for comskip) pointing to recording directories on the server.

My issue is that since I set Sage up this way, I have not been able to get evilpenguin’s burning mod to work in the bedroom pc client. All of the burning mod components are installed on the client (as well as dirmon2). I get the Burn DVD option and I also get the icon in Other Programs, but it quickly turns red. It appears I may have the same problem expressed here, but it appears as though the solution evilpenguin offered was specific to this user’s configuration. I attached log files in hopes that someone can point me in the right direction to get this going. I have to admit, I’ve grown quite attached to this plugin and am having a hard time living without it.

I realize that my upcoming question is a bit off topic and extending this already long post, but it may have some relevance in how I tackle the above problem. I would ultimately like to get my Sage network set up in such a way that if I schedule a burn from my bedroom pc client it will do everything there (transcode and burn). If I schedule a burn from my living room client, I would like it to transcode on my bedroom pc and burn it using the server (but still initiate the burn from the from the living room pc). Once I get the above problem resolved, I plan on have two separate setups for DVD Burn in order to get this working:

Setup 1: Burning from bedroom PC (Bclient)
-all burning mod components installed on bedroom pc
-perl2dvd.pref configured like a single pc setup on this machine

Setup2: Burning from living room PC (LRclient)
-will import xml and all install files to LRclient
-perl2dvd.exe and .pref will be configured in LRclient to point to a work directory
in Bclient (different folder than the one for Setup1) and the burner on the server (also a mapped drive letter)

Am I complicating this too much, or is this even possible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dvdList.txt (7.2 KB, 177 views)
File Type: txt The Daily Show With Jon Stewart.dvdList.3.qdvd.dvd.txt (6.0 KB, 184 views)
Old 11-13-2006, 02:45 PM
SageTVaholic

petereader-

Sorry I haven't responded yet. I'm full speed ahead on the next version that should be finished very soon. Do you mind waiting and then trying to set it up again using the new version?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 11-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

No worries,
I assumed you were busy based on previous posts. Hey, if this next version promises to be even better than the last, I don't mind waiting at all. Thanks for touching base.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Fresh install on 6.0

I am having an issue getting this to work with my fresh 6.0 install

I have set it up to use dirmon to call perl2dvd. The process starts, it transcodes, changes the other programs icon to blue, but writes a shortcut to a "nowhere.bat" and I have no way to call ImgBurn.

Anyone know where I might have gone wrong in this installation? I used to use dirmonless before I reformatted. Do I need to setup a separate rule to have dirmon call imburn or was there definately supposed to be a .bin file created for the buring process?

Also as a side note. Does this work with .edl files or just .txt for comskip chapters.

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.

Last edited by FidgetyRat; 11-17-2006 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:06 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm fairly sure that v6 isn't compatible with this version of the plug-in. Also, blue means that the video is still being processed; a DVD icon means its ready to burn, and when it is, you click it in the Other Programs menu and it launches imgBurn for you.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

I scanned through the logs and didnt find any errors. The STVi is working perfectly as it did with 5. Perl2DVD is being executed by dirmon automatically.

I get all the files in the work dir. The different forms of dvd file and the entire directory adds up to about 1.4 Gb so I know the files are being created.

I do not get a final .iso file and no .bin file is created to allow me to execute ImgBurn. I don't see how those really have much to do with sage version. Shouldn't sage only handle the initial menus to create the dvds?

By what you said though, and the fact that my icon is still blue, I'm guessing the transcoding phase is failing somewhere and never even getting to the stage of the image file or creation of the imgburn .bin

Ill have to go pour back through the logs again. Any suggestions on which ones to look through?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.

Last edited by FidgetyRat; 11-17-2006 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

The version of SageTV transcoder that comes with v6 is different than the one that came with v5 and that causes the problem. I'd say just sit tight until I release the next version.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

AH! I never thought about that!

Sigh.. I kind of became addicted to this mod. Great work.

Last edited by FidgetyRat; 11-17-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Apparently i'm not pricing my mod competativly

http://blogs.snapstream.com/2006/11/...urning-plugin/

You can make that $40 check out to...

Last edited by evilpenguin; 11-17-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
You can make that $40 check out to...
The check is in the mail.

(Though I thought that seemed like a strange mailing address. But who am I to question?)
Old 11-17-2006, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix

BobP.
I am keenly interested in this. It would also be nice if it was able to be compressed to some other format as a result.

TIA

b
Old 12-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Sage User

evilpenguin...I have been trying to add you DVD burning mod to my Sage TV version 5, though I cannot seem to find the DVD burning STVi? Maybe I am missing something?

Thanks!!

John
Old 12-11-2006, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastvx
evilpenguin...I have been trying to add you DVD burning mod to my Sage TV version 5, though I cannot seem to find the DVD burning STVi? Maybe I am missing something?

Thanks!!

John
Here's the download to the last v5 version, although, I really recommend upgrading to v6 so you can enjoy all the new features of both Sage and my plug-in.
http://zadigian.backpackit.com/asset...dvd_v1_4_2.rar

Old 12-11-2006, 11:31 PM
SageTVaholic

I would pay for an addon with native support.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 12-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin
Here's the download to the last v5 version, although, I really recommend upgrading to v6 so you can enjoy all the new features of both Sage and my plug-in.
http://zadigian.backpackit.com/asset...dvd_v1_4_2.rar
Hey thanks for the info!! After a few adjustments I have it burning nicely in Sage version 5, though I am having one issue. It is chaptering the video in five minutes increments(default setting). I have SA and it produces edl files. Does your program only utililize txt files to setup the chapters on the DVD?

PS...Nice work on the plugin!!

Thanks again!!

John
Old 12-13-2006, 10:08 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastvx
Hey thanks for the info!! After a few adjustments I have it burning nicely in Sage version 5, though I am having one issue. It is chaptering the video in five minutes increments(default setting). I have SA and it produces edl files. Does your program only utililize txt files to setup the chapters on the DVD?

PS...Nice work on the plugin!!

Thanks again!!

John
Yeah, .edl support is only in new version so you'll need to output .txt from SA also.

Closed Thread