SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Deleting while shows are running problem.

Now I have many buttons set up on my remote to do all the neat little things at a press that sage can do. So one of those is the delete button...so I can push delete whenever then confirm to get rid of shows. Well, the program guide doesn't do such a hot job with the Learn Poker from the Pros shows. Anyway, so I'm browsing through my 62 shows all with the same description and watching a bit then deleting it if it is one I saw that was in there already. Now, this works awesome doing it while the show is running, it takes a second, deletes the show then jumps back to the Sage TV Recordings menu and I go back in and check out the next show. Now, this works great for about 6 or more times, seems to vary. But finally it gets to a point it doesn't want to do it anymore, and what does it do on the next delete command while a show is running? right after I click the Yes confirmation it hangs for a second and then I get the little spinning sage waiting icon on the screen indefinatly. I have now been watching it for 8 minutes, I actually let it run for half an hour the other day and it never got anywhere...so I do the only thing I can do, bring up the task manager and force quit it. Is there a bug or something happening here? I don't suppose anyone else has this problem.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I thought I should post a follow up to this one to see if other people might be able to get a solution with my info. We traced this issue to a couple of items that could have caused it. The first was that the driver for XP somehow was not set up correctly on the onboard RAID to use larger sized hard drives...can't remember the limit, but information would get messed up and I'd end up losing lots of stuff because basically it couldn't keep track of where it was putting everything and where to get it from, so it would get all screwed up. The second thing was that the onboard controller from VIA or whoever, just was causing problems as well. So we went to an aftermarket SIIG controller, and got the right drivers installed for the larger hard drives in XP before trying to set up sage. This seemed to help.