SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Sage User

Media Extender "No streaming server found!" Error

Hi,

I an trying to setup a Media Extender (MediaMVP v1.1.34) that I received today from Sage. I am running Sage 4.1.3.67. I get the error message "No streaming server found!". I have DCHP and the MediaMVP has an IP assigned.
I have tried the following:

- Make sure no other MVP software is running
- Make sure the media entender server is enabled in SageTV (toggle the server option off & then back on to make sure the extender server is started)
- Make sure the firewall on your SageTV system isn't blocking it

Any suggestions of what I should try next? Thanks.

-Jim
Old 04-21-2006, 04:42 PM
Administrator

The newest MVPs have to use the more recent beta versions. Try v4.1.14.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The newest MVPs have to use the more recent beta versions. Try v4.1.14.

- Andy

Andy, thanks. I upgraded to v4.1.14 and made some progress. It found the server. It shows a screen called 'Setup' and 'Loading Application' with 10 small progress boxes. It goes very quickly to box 8 and then hangs. I have repeated the shutdown, restart, verify IP a number of times with the same results.

Any suggestions on what to do next? Thanks.

-Jim
Old 04-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had the exact same issue yesterday. Turn off the windows xp firewall on the Sage Server machine, restart the MediaMVP. The MediaMVP appears to do some type of broadcast to initially find the server. After it finds the server, you can reenable to the firewall, the MediaMVP seems to store the setting and can re-establish the connection after that. I don't know what port it is sniffing but my guess is the Windows XP Firewall blocks the response.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
I had the exact same issue yesterday. Turn off the windows xp firewall on the Sage Server machine, restart the MediaMVP. The MediaMVP appears to do some type of broadcast to initially find the server. After it finds the server, you can reenable to the firewall, the MediaMVP seems to store the setting and can re-establish the connection after that. I don't know what port it is sniffing but my guess is the Windows XP Firewall blocks the response.
Thanks for your interest. However, my firewall has been off during all my tests. MediaMVP finds the server and begins loading then hangs at progress bar 8 (out of 10).

Is there any way to turn on a trace to find out what is happening? Thanks.

-Jim