SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Sage User

Question about the silver highlight menu bar and text.

I just installed the version 4.1 trial and am thinking about purchasing it.

The only thing I really have a problem with is the silver highlight bar that highlights things on the menu. Actually, I really like the silver bar... it is the text I have a problem with. The standard text is white, but when it is highlighted by the silver bar, the text turns to black with a white shadow.

This looks okay on my computer LCD screen but it's next to impossible to read on my crt telvision that my mediamvp is connected to. I figured out how to alter the color of the silver highlight bar, but it doesn't help.

The main problem is the white shadow on the black text. It seems to create bad contrast issues. Is there a way to get rid of the white shadow? Or at least change it to black?

The only thing that helps is to make the highlight bar white, to match the shadow color. But this doesn't look nearly as cool. And it only works in the main menu... not the recordings menu (where I need it the most).

Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by raulinigo; 04-22-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Sage Icon

Try asking in the "Studio" section, they can manipulate anything in there

P
Old 04-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
Try asking in the "Studio" section, they can manipulate anything in there

P
Is that the only possibly way? I obviously can't run studio until I purchase sage (I am only using the trial version).

If that is the only way.... I would hate to purchase it knowing it is possible to change, and then find out it is extremely difficult to do, due to studio's steep learing curve.

Anyone know if this sort of customization would be easy for a newbie? Girder was said to have a learning curve and I mastered the basics fairly easily.

Can someone move this topic over to the studio forum if needed.... or should I start a new one there when I need to?

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Administrator

I don't remember how many places the shadow color would have to be changed in Studio. But, I know that bright white shadow can be the result on some video cards when 3D Acceleration is enabled in Detailed Setup -> Advanced. I see it on mine, but some other people don't.

If you are seeing it on your MVP, I would submit it to SageTV, because that might mean that the intensity of the white shadow is not getting set correctly. (It should be a light gray shadow, not a bright white.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I don't remember how many places the shadow color would have to be changed in Studio. But, I know that bright white shadow can be the result on some video cards when 3D Acceleration is enabled in Detailed Setup -> Advanced. I see it on mine, but some other people don't.

If you are seeing it on your MVP, I would submit it to SageTV, because that might mean that the intensity of the white shadow is not getting set correctly. (It should be a light gray shadow, not a bright white.)

- Andy
Thanks for the suggestions. Disabling the 3D Accelration does get rid of the white shadow on my PC (which didn't bother me). But like you said, the MVP already has this disabled.... which means there is no white shadow. Which means my complaint makes no sense. So I went ahead and took another look at it. It turns out my problem is that the text is too small on the SageTV Recordings menu. Is there a way to increase the text size on that page? Or make the text bold? Or is that another thing you have to do in studio?

Thanks!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Unless you are using one of the custom SageTV Recordings screens, I believe those fonts are determined by the ui/base_font_xxx settings for size, style, & face. It should already be bold.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Unless you are using one of the custom SageTV Recordings screens, I believe those fonts are determined by the ui/base_font_xxx settings for size, style, & face. It should already be bold.

- Andy
I am using the mlbdude SageTV Recording Style from the Unsupported Extras list in the Setup - Customize menu. That is really the style that I prefer.

I tried messing around with the ui/XXX_font settings and it works for the mlbdude custom recording style as well.

I got just about everything set up the way I want it. Thanks a lot for your help. I will definately be buying a license now.

Take care!