SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Sage User

Question Not playing all my mp3s, but iTunes & WMP will???

For some reason SageTV will not play all my mp3's, where both iTunes and Windows Media Player will. It acts like it plays them, I mean the time ticker goes by, but there is no sound. Like I said, iTunes and Windows Media player both play them, so I know the files are not corrupted. Why is this happening and how can I fix it? Thanks.

Andrew
Old 04-25-2006, 01:53 AM
Sage User

Question

This is my last problem with SageTV. If I can get this cleared up, I will buy the software. I have stated in other posts, that my music collection is my most dear media that I have. It greatly troubles me to find out that, what appears to be, entire albums do not play at all. Well, they play, in that the time ticker moves along, but there is no sound. Normally I would suspect the .mp3 file, but they play fine in Windows Media Player and iTunes. I have unloaded, reloaded, unloaded, restarted, uninstalled, restarted, reloaded, and nothing seems to work. However, I have noticed that the songs that do not play are consistently the same ones. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there something about these files that is not compatiable that I should be looking for? Does anyone have a solution or at least a suggestion? Thanks.

Andrew
Old 04-25-2006, 05:22 AM
Sage Icon

no thoughts on why they aren't playing but have you tried the winamp plugin yet? That might solve the problems...its in the customization forums
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC