SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

LiveTV is not Live...

I'm not sure if there is something in setup for this but here is the situation:

I watch a Sage recording or I play music and I then go to the main menu and select Watch Live TV and it plays what I was last watching (either a Sage recording or music) and not LiveTV. It's like I either have to STOP the the music or sage recording or I have to go to the Guide to to then watch LiveTV. Is there a way when selecting Live TV that it forces Live TV?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Administrator

That was changed in beta v4.1.11 to stop any non-live TV media & start live TV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:22 PM
Sage Icon

Great - just out of curiousity though - what's the best way to get back to a Sage recording (ie: if I'm at the guide or somewhere)? Is it best to just keep hitting the Back key (back command)?

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 04-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Administrator

The 'TV' command toggles between the media playback screen & the last-viewed menu.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Sage Icon

Okay - I tried that and yes the TV command does toggle but I'm not sure how that will help me because I want to do all this with one button on my remote (the GUIDE button on the remote). So, in order for this to work I would already have to be at the guide. I would like the guide button on my remote to go to the guide but if already at the guide then go back to the previous screen (which may not be TV but could also be the Sage Main Menu or somewhere else). That's why I was looking for a Guide on/Guide Off type of command. For now, I have a separate button mapped to the BACK command and I also have a Sage Main Menu button which of course work. But, I was just wondering if there is a command I can map to the GUIDE button to toggle between the Guide and last menu. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The 'TV' command toggles between the media playback screen & the last-viewed menu.

- Andy
Old 04-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

One other thing - I tested this and the Watch Live TV (from the main menu) still plays my Sage Recording if I did not stop the Sage Recording. Am I doing this right?

Thanks,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
That was changed in beta v4.1.11 to stop any non-live TV media & start live TV.

- Andy
Old 04-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Are you using v5 now? If the currently playing recording is still being recorded, that would be live tv, so it will still watch that.

- Andy
Old 04-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Sage Icon

What I meant was if one was playing back a Sage Recording and did not stop it or was listening to music or playing back a recording in the media library and did not stop playback and went to the main menu and selected Watch Live TV then it would continue playing back the recording which is not Live TV. I don't mind it, it's just one has to first Stop the playback in order to watch Live TV. So, in reality Watch Live TV from the main menu (even ver 5 which I do have) does not always watch Live TV but only watches Live TV if nothing else is currently being watched.

Re: the other post in this thread, I'm assuming there is no way to toggle the Guide on/off. I have other buttons to take care of it, but I was just wondering.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961
What I meant was if one was playing back a Sage Recording and did not stop it or was listening to music or playing back a recording in the media library and did not stop playback and went to the main menu and selected Watch Live TV then it would continue playing back the recording which is not Live TV. I don't mind it, it's just one has to first Stop the playback in order to watch Live TV. So, in reality Watch Live TV from the main menu (even ver 5 which I do have) does not always watch Live TV but only watches Live TV if nothing else is currently being watched.
Let me guess: you've upgraded to v5, but you have continued to use your older customized STV, right? If so, then you won't have the use of any of the latest changes in the default STV. What you are describing is not the way the default STV works in v5.

Quote:
Re: the other post in this thread, I'm assuming there is no way to toggle the Guide on/off.
No, or I would have given a suggestion other than the TV command. You could always customize the Guide command while in the Program Guide screen to do whatever you want it to do.

- Andy
Old 05-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage Icon

Actually - it's GermSage I'm using and I'm not even sure how to get all the new defaults in the setup menu.

Thanks again,
Mike