SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-26-2006, 04:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Can Import my old wiz.bin file?

Ok I know this is not the right way to do things....

Here is the problem:

I have had SageTV since version 1.28 and my wiz.bin and properties file has been dragged along that whole way. A couple of weeks ago my PVR 500 no longer would tune cable TV. As an experiment I backed everything up and then deleted all my properties and wiz files and setup the PVR 500 again and it worked. If I restore my propeties and Wiz files I can not get the PVR 500 to tune anymore. So somehow the wiz and properties files are causing it not to work and support pretty has not been any help in solving the problem and more importantly what has gotten corrupted in these files to cause the problem. I have over 100 favorites and 350 recordings and I do not want to have to have these as imports or re setup all of these just to get my PVR 500 Tuner to work again. For now everything works with my 3 HD Tuners and 4 SD Capture devices connected to my Digital Cable Boxes so I have limped along.

So what I want to do is start from scratch and reconfigure all the sources and setup SageTV and copy the settings that matter to me from my old properites and then import my old wiz.bin file in some way. I have just dropped in the wiz.bin file in the past after a clean properties file was setup, but that does not seem like the best way since it still probably has some junk in it.

Any Idieas?

Thanks,
John
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 04-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Just close SageTV all you have do copy over the old wiz.bin and let it thing after you re-start SageTV.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like there is a problem in your properties file. I would just quit Sage and stop the service and copy your wiz.bin that has been dragged along the whole way into the Sage folder and delete the properties file and then Start all your Sage stuff. You'll have to reconfigure your tuners and settings but all your favorites and show info will still be there from the wiz.bin
Old 04-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

I tired doing that except not copying the wiz.bin file just make sure everything worked correctly and it did, but then when I dropped in my wiz.bin file the tuninng problem started coming back....it is beyond me why the wiz.bin contains everything....really there should be several seperate files...favorites...library content....epg data....watched...That way I can bring along just my favorite and library content and not the other stuff.

John
Old 04-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Sage Fanatic

Also of note was the fact that wihtout any favorites setup...essentially a clean install with all my tuners recording 2 Analog Cable on PVR 500, 3 PVR 250 Via SVideo, 1 PVR USB2 via Svideo, and 3 x HD VBOX USB2 I could change channels on the PVR500 wihtout any audio distortion. After I Dropped in my Wiz.bin file recording 4 SD Via SVideo and no HD Recordings it stuttered and had audio distortion on channel changes. Something nasty is being dragged along in the wiz.bn file....very annoying.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:16 PM
Sage

That's quite odd. There's no tuning information in the Wiz.bin file, it's all stored in Sage.properties or the .frq files (for ATSC/DVB). Did you remove and re-add your sources?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:01 AM
Sage Fanatic

Yes I removed my sources....exited sagetv...then readded just the PVR 500 and it still did not tune correctly. It seems that if I do not put back my wiz.bin file the tuning works fine...I will test more when I have time...but it is a bit disturbing that for what ever reason the pvr 500 just stopped tuning gradually can no longer tune over time.