SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Sage Icon

Video Jukebox Database for SageTV

I have an audio jukebox setup with another computer using both MusicMatch and WinAmp. I no longer have to waste time searching though hundreds of CDs to find the music tracks I want to hear (I haven't used my audio CD player in years).

Now, I would like to use SageTV as a video music jukebox.

I have hundreds of old variety show videotapes and DVDs. The videotapes and DVDs are rarely used because it is too cumbersome to find the song tracks. Those tapes and DVDs are collecting dust because it is too much of a hassle to find and play the video music tracks.

I plan to stream the video into my computer with SageTV, then edit the individual songs into individual mpeg2 files with VideoReDo. I will end up with several thousand video song mpeg2 files stored on a large disk array. The database within SageTV is not very easy to use when searching for songs in a database, compared to using MusicMatch or WinAmp with my audio computer jukebox system.

If the searching database front-end was similar to searching for programs to record by actor (the search result narrows every time you type a keystroke), that might be a better solution than searching through a long list of imported video titles on the screen.

Does anyone know of an add-on to SageTV where a database closer to MusicMatch or WinAmp, or some improved database could be used to search and play video files within a collection of thousands of files?

Dave