SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-30-2006, 12:57 AM
Sage User

Erratic Menu Navigation

Hello everyone, I have been lurking for quite a while and up until now I have managed to solve all of my problems through searches. Unfortunately, I am stumped and there doesn't appear to be any discussions regarding the issue I am having.

My problem regards the hidden features built into Sage (5309 code). It seems that my 'select' button and 'left' & 'right' arrow buttons double click each time they are pressed. In other words, if I click once in the main menu it goes to the next menu and clicks on wherever the cursor was. If I turn off the 5309 features everything works perfectly. Whats strange is this seems to happen periodically and I don't know what is causing it. I don't think it is hardware. Has anyone else had this problem and I just missed it in my searches? I read all the way through the hidden feature thread but saw nothing about this.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

I just wanted to confirm you are not alone. I too have noticed this behavior with the trial version of 4.1 (I am still trying to decide... which better of two bad programs to buy and use).

At first, I thought it was my remote. So I had edited its config file for SageTV, to NOT do a "Repeat" for the select button. This didn't appear to fix the problem, and I still have random cases where sagetv flashes through menu items because it thought I clicked "select" a couple times...

Many times this has led to major frustration.

Now that I see another with the issue... I wonder, is it SageTV, or my remote?

I use a Snapstream Firefly remote. It is complete garbage with any other program but BeyondTV (obviously). I had been completely misled during purchase decisions on what remote to get because the Firefly touted that it worked with hundreds of programs out of the box. That was BuLL... as it barely even functioned with SageTV. I had to go into some very obscure burried directory (no mention of which in ANY manual for the thing), and change out and alter XML code and find the proper 'keywords' to use to make the config file associate with SageTV. What a heap of trash!

Erm... I got off track...

What remote do you have? You did not mention that in your post.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Sage User

Well at least I am not alone. I have the SnapStream remote but I am using a logitech harmony something or other to send the signals. I was able to duplicate the problem with the original snapstream remote though.

I ended up reformatting my computer and reinstalling all of the software (not just because of this problem). Since that time I have had no more problems.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Interesting, a total reinstall fixed it? That seems ... a bit ... interesting.

When I first tried the software, it didn't work well at all with the remote. Then I installed the trial of Girder to make the remote work, and it worked pretty well. However I was in no mood to pay MORE for this remote to make it work in an application that it claimed to work in. So, I dug through forums and found a 'alternative config file' for the firefly remote for SageTV. That is what I was using when I started to notice the double action menu bug.

I will be cleaning my system as well to get rid of all the trial software I have gone through (sage included). I just have to decide which software to buy for the end result. I am still not sold on Sage due to many issues that STILL EXIST after more than 3 years of development. To me, that screams loads about a software company, when they can't get basic stuff working solid before piling on all the features.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Administrator

SageTV responds to the commands you send it.

If you are using an IR receiver directly with SageTV & multiple commands are happening, then you should relearn the IR code because the code probably wasn't learned properly to begin with.

If you are using other software to control the remote's receiver & send commands to SageTV, then you should look into configuring that software to send only a single command when a remote button is pressed & make sure that no other software is doing the same thing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Turns out you are right as always.

I believe I know the culprit... both "BeyondLite" and "FireFlyMini" are running to make the FireFly remote work... that CANT be good.

I just snagged a great deal on the latest style Hauppauge IR remote. I'm tired of this Snapstream junk.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Sage User

Well the problem has come back. Anytime I use the OK button it double clicks instead of single clicking. This is weird because it was working fine for several weeks then it came back all of a sudden.

What is the name for the command in sage that equals a single click of the mouse? The mouse or the forward arrow is the only way I can navigate through the menus single clicking.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Administrator

The command is "Select". I would check your remote & whatever software you are using it with. If it is used directly with SageTV via the USB-UIRT, then try relearning the OK button. If it is used with some other software, which then sends commands to SageTV, see if it is sending 2 comamnds for some reason (or if it needs to be relearned for that software).

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.