SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Sage Expert

video starting in middle of movie

This is a strange problem and I don't know if its a SageTV problem or what causes it..And it only happens once in a while..like 2 our of 100...

I created a .mpg file using video redo. The original movie was not created by recording in SageTV. The resulting file played just fine using Windows Media player. Then when I imported it into SageTV, the movie actually started somewhere near the middle of the movie. The whole movie is there..I can rewind the movie and it shows the beginning as negative 1 hour...then the whole movie will play through. The time zero is around half way through the movie.

So, any idea how I reset the time to have sage TV recognize the beginning of the movie as time zero.

Thanks for any help,

Gary
Old 05-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Sage Icon

I've never used it, so obviously others will know better, but doesn't Nielms web interface have a feature to reset the timeline data for a file?

Not sure if it only applies to recorded files, or all videos, though.

Matt
Old 05-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Sage Icon

Gary - I posted this same question a while back and if you mark the movie as "watched" then it seems to reset the timer back to watch at the beginning of the show.

Obviously, if you have access to a mouse, you can just click on the timeline at the beginning.

Otherwise, Nielm has an add on for that as well.

Mike
Old 05-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for answering...I looked around and can't find any way to mark an Imported movie file as "watched"..

Gary
Old 05-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Sage Icon

I see your point. There are three solutions that I see off hand. You can either use Nielms Stop add on. You can easily use Nielms dynamic menus to integrate an external video player (which I had to do anyway because I compress my permanent videos in mpeg4 format) or you can probably program your remote with HIP to automatically click at the Start.

Frankly, I made a post about this a few weeks back and I think there should be a command to restart the video. But, Nielms add on should work.

Mike
Old 05-07-2006, 12:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So, any idea how I reset the time to have sage TV recognize the beginning of the movie as time zero.
If it is an imported video: rename the file and see if when sage re-scans it, it gets the right start time/duration... (Sage may have scanned it while it was being created and got confused)
Old 05-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Sage Expert

Thank you, Thank you, thank you....That solved the problem..I just renamed the files and the timeline was fixed...

Did I say thank you..

Problem solved..

Gary