SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
SageTVaholic

API Changes in 5.0 ?

I am trying to track down why certain functionality of SageMC does not work any more in 5.0. Did anything change in the implementation of the SageAPI, and if so, is there a changelog somewhere ?

Thanks,
Dirk
Old 05-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Administrator

The Studio changes should be listed in the release notes throughout the beta; links to all of those are in the sticky beta progress report thread.

My guess about the DateFormat() error that you mentioned in the MC thread would be that the variable "Date" isn't set to anything yet at the point it is being used. Maybe toss it into the debug log to see what the value is when the error occurs.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
The Studio changes should be listed in the release notes throughout the beta; links to all of those are in the sticky beta progress report thread.

My guess about the DateFormat() error that you mentioned in the MC thread would be that the variable "Date" isn't set to anything yet at the point it is being used. Maybe toss it into the debug log to see what the value is when the error occurs.

- Andy
Thanks Andy, I will scan through those links.

Regarding the error, I am actually looking at a different issue, the deletion/set watched/ don't like does not work in the recording list when you sort by title, if you sort by date it is fine. It seems like (I still haven't fully understood the code) it is caused by a variable 'Airing' (TableComponent) which has type 'MediaFile' when sorted by date, and type 'String' when sorted by Title...

Dirk
Old 05-09-2006, 06:11 AM

This is certainly an issue that came about via changes in the SageTV core. I know during the early 4.x releases it was working fine. flachbar, if you figure it out and fix it I can post the updated STV on the SageTV FTP drop.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 05-09-2006, 06:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, I'm not familiar with how table widgets work in Studio yet, so I have to catch up on this, but if I manage to figure out the problem I'll let you know ...

Dirk
Old 05-09-2006, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Are you sure that worked previously? It is using GroupByMethod, grouping by GetAiringTitle, on the line:

Groups = GroupByMethod(RecordedFiles, "GetAiringTitle")

Maybe that GroupByMethod() was a newer line? This uses the show title for each group key, which is also what is used for the "Recording" TableComponent... which is what "Airing" is set to. I don't think you could ever translate a title into its matching airing, because there is no one-to-one translation possible there.

You can check the default STV's "SageRecordings w/ Optional Preview & AutoCategories" menu to see how it handles the recording list by groups vs. non-groupings. You're going to have to note whether the list sent to the Table widget is a group or not, then set the Airing value appropriately.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Are you sure that worked previously? It is using GroupByMethod, grouping by GetAiringTitle, on the line:

Groups = GroupByMethod(RecordedFiles, "GetAiringTitle")

Maybe that GroupByMethod() was a newer line? This uses the show title for each group key, which is also what is used for the "Recording" TableComponent... which is what "Airing" is set to. I don't think you could ever translate a title into its matching airing, because there is no one-to-one translation possible there.

You can check the default STV's "SageRecordings w/ Optional Preview & AutoCategories" menu to see how it handles the recording list by groups vs. non-groupings. You're going to have to note whether the list sent to the Table widget is a group or not, then set the Airing value appropriately.

- Andy
Its possible that it was not, but that would mean it has never worked. I would imagine someone would have noticed. I have not looked into this one, but I know things were broken for me as new version of Sage came out that I needed to fix. This may not be one of them though.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 05-09-2006, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Hmmm... now that I thought about it again, I could be wrong -- maybe it would work to translate a string title into an Airing if there turns out to be only a single match & that part changed. I'll have to check on that, since I don't know enough about the core to know if that was ever possible.

- Andy
Old 05-09-2006, 10:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
maybe it would work to translate a string title into an Airing if there turns out to be only a single match & that part changed.
Sounds like a good possibility to me ...

Dirk
Old 05-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Administrator

OK, I checked -- it never worked to send to send a string when an Airing or MediaFile was needed. So, either that part of the STV didn't work before or that grouping call is new.

If you'll notice, the table already deals with groupings to get the actual airing when an item is selected & it is about to go to a new screen. You'll have to do something similar in order to set the Airing variable to begin with for purposes of the Watched command, etc.

- Andy
Old 05-09-2006, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK, I checked -- it never worked to send to send a string when an Airing or MediaFile was needed. So, either that part of the STV didn't work before or that grouping call is new.

If you'll notice, the table already deals with groupings to get the actual airing when an item is selected & it is about to go to a new screen. You'll have to do something similar in order to set the Airing variable to begin with for purposes of the Watched command, etc.

- Andy
Thanks for looking this up.
And yep, I noticed this too, so the fix shouldn't be too difficult ...

Thanks again,
Dirk
Old 05-09-2006, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
This is certainly an issue that came about via changes in the SageTV core. I know during the early 4.x releases it was working fine. flachbar, if you figure it out and fix it I can post the updated STV on the SageTV FTP drop.
Got it. It's a one line change, shall I post it here or send it per email ?

Dirk