SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Loading Preview. Please wait, and wait and wait...

This is an ongoing part of my troubleshooting...

I have 3 identical Hauppauge PVR 150 cards (OEM from pcalchemy). One of them seems to have a problem. In the video sources setup, When I select the input, it does not generate a preview. The other 2 cards do generate a preview. I assume this is a hardware problem, but I wanted to ask if it is possible that I'm doing something wrong in setup.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

This has happened to me in the past. I have a Hauppauge Rosyln and PVR 150. This usually only happened when sage got shut down unexpectedly due to a power failure. Upon reboot--I had to reinstall my tuners (this issue was fixed in a recent release though). Anyway, when I went to reinstall my tuners--one would always hang on the preview screen. I think I was able to fix it by doing a combo of things. First. Restart your computer and see what happens. Next, try reseating your card or moving the card to a different PCI slot. Restart again. Hope it helps.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 05-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

"hanging" on the preview is a known issue on the forum, you should be able to just go past it even though you don't get a preview. IIRC, I just hit the OK button and it goes to the next screen.

So, as long as you pick the correct input, it doesn't really matter if it loads the preview.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

reinstalling clean (deleting program files folder) fixed the probem for me
Old 05-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
"hanging" on the preview is a known issue on the forum, you should be able to just go past it even though you don't get a preview. IIRC, I just hit the OK button and it goes to the next screen.

So, as long as you pick the correct input, it doesn't really matter if it loads the preview.
'Known' issue eh? Could you please submit a bug report on what's known about it please? http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html (but if you're referring to it hanging when using it on the MVP that's already fixed for 5.0.3)
Old 05-10-2006, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
'Known' issue eh? Could you please submit a bug report on what's known about it please? http://www.sagetv.com/bugs.html (but if you're referring to it hanging when using it on the MVP that's already fixed for 5.0.3)
Don't know how"well known" it is but I usually see this issue setting up a second tuner card such as a second PVR500. First card and both tuners preview fine. Second card and both tuners preview nothing but if you finish the config everything works fine.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:19 PM
Sage Icon

I've seen this everytime I've had to resetup my tuners too.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
Other people talked about and when it happened to me, I just went past it so I don't have any logs, and it has been a month or so, so I don't have any specifics to submit. However, the next time I redo my sources, if it happens, I will submit a report.