SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Using the MVP remote with Media Extender

Is there any way to have Sage respond to additional buttons on the MVP remote or change the action a button performs ???
Old 05-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Just go to Detailed Setup -> Commands & link the buttons to whatever commands you want.

I just wouldn't reassign the OK or arrow buttons if I were you...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Agreed.... Thanks for the feedback. One question does this take effect on every instance of Sage... i.e On the server, clients etc. I hope not.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Administrator

No, it only affects SageTV on the system where you configure it.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Sage User

Can you tell me if I'm correct in assuming that changes made to the remote (Via Sage Setup Screens) on one MVP have no effect on a second MVP ?

Thanks, Bob.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Administrator

Like I said above, it only affects the system where you configure such things. Each MVP has its own properties file where its custom settings are stored.

- Andy
Old 06-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hi Andy,

Hope you dont mind me dragging this one up again.

Are you saying that the MVP client can have remote codes linked to it just like sage or sage client? If so then am I correct in assuming that I would not need to use the hauppauge remote or codes and that I could just use my own remote/codes for MVP operation? If so that would be great, as I am not exactly thrilled with the performance of the hauppauge remote.

TIA

Jesse
Old 06-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Are you saying that the MVP client can have remote codes linked to it just like sage or sage client?
Sort of...

Quote:
If so then am I correct in assuming that I would not need to use the hauppauge remote or codes and that I could just use my own remote/codes for MVP operation?
You can use any remote you want... provided that remote uses the RC5 protocol for the codes you try to learn on the MVP. The Hauppauge IR receivers are not universal receivers & can only dcode RC5 & sometimes RC6. If you try device codes on a universal remote, try ones for Phillips equipment.

- Andy
Old 06-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi Andy,

That is good news. Thanks for the tip on the Phillips devices. This should improve my implementation of sage quite a bit.

Thanks very much,

Jesse