SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 03:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Freaggin' easter eggs...I missed that one.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, good night nurse. This might help explain the problem.

HD stands for:

Hard Drive
High Definition
Hewlett Packard
Heavy Duty
Have Done
Help Desk
High Density
Harley Davidson
Host Directory
Home Depot
Heart disease
High Dose
Hundred Dollars
Half Duplex
Hundreds Of Dollars
Hard To Do
High Demand
Hot Dog
Hardware Design
Hans Dieter
Hemodialysis
Hand Drawn
Happy Day
Old 10-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui
I think Kirby is requesting another icon to indicate that the video had been ripped from a DVD. It might be just as effective to add the HD icon for videos that came from HD sources. Then you would know everything else is SD. The way I read Kirby's request, separating HD from SD content seems to be the main intent. Please let me know if I'm wrong here.

Aloha,
Mike

Yes, sorry I wasnt clear there. HD for High Def, and a DVD icon for DVD rips. Now some of you might ask, if you have a movie in HD, why keep a DVD rip of the same? Couple of reasons:

1) Original Aspect Ratio (HBO and Starz shred OAR all the time)
2) DTS sound tracks

But I know my request is probably not a big deal for many, so its probably just a pipe dream at this point.. At least until I can figure out how to code something on my own (what year is it?).
Old 10-24-2006, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oh, good night nurse. This might help explain the problem.

HD stands for:

Hard Drive
High Definition
Hewlett Packard
Heavy Duty
Have Done
Help Desk
High Density
Harley Davidson
Host Directory
Home Depot
Heart disease
High Dose
Hundred Dollars
Half Duplex
Hundreds Of Dollars
Hard To Do
High Demand
Hot Dog
Hardware Design
Hans Dieter
Hemodialysis
Hand Drawn
Happy Day
HD = Hewlet Packard?

I'd like to see your logic on that one.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
HD = Hewlet Packard?

I'd like to see your logic on that one.
Simple.....Follow me here....

Hewlett-packard finally outsold Dell for the first time in a gazillion years! HD

Ok, I better stop drinking now...
Old 10-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So you get the same icon no matter what the video is (offline or online)?

I'll take a look when I get home, and let you know how I have all mine setup. I think there is a trick to get it right...
Thanks--i don't have any time tonight to look into this but i plan to redo my settings for DVD Profiler tomorrow (in-laws are up for the night).
But ya...I'm gettting the same icon (i think its green) for both online and offline videos right now.

Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-24-2006, 06:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Thanks--i don't have any time tonight to look into this but i plan to redo my settings for DVD Profiler tomorrow (in-laws are up for the night).
But ya...I'm gettting the same icon (i think its green) for both online and offline videos right now.

Juc
What's your entry for "mlbdude/offline_path" in the property file ? Does it match the directory where SageMC created the fake mpg files during DVD Profiler import ?

Dirk
Old 10-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC

Juc
Mine is setup with the following:

D:/MEDIA_D/DVD
D:/MEDIA_D/OFFLINE/DVD

Both as library imports, video only.

Then, I have the Offline path setup as the offline path listed above, in SageMC options.

The OFFLINE/DVD folder should be empty, initially, until SageMC fills it with the needed information (which is usually just a .jpg and a dummy .mpg file).

I think that's about it...
Old 10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
But I know my request is probably not a big deal for many, so its probably just a pipe dream at this point.. At least until I can figure out how to code something on my own (what year is it?).
If the Sage core would allow to extend the database with custom meta data tags I wouldnt mind adding this, but right now it's a PIA because it would need to be hacked into one of the existing fields

Dirk
Old 10-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
If the Sage core would allow to extend the database with custom meta data tags I wouldnt mind adding this, but right now it's a PIA because it would need to be hacked into one of the existing fields

Dirk
Yeah I figured it was a PIA like that... What if I were to get all my DVD rips and locate them in the offline DVD directory, rather than dummy mpeg files in there? How would sage react to that? Would it play them? I've never messed with the whole DVD Profiler stuff and offline DVD's so I dont know what that would do.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmolnar
I'm having an issue starting SageTV after installing the 6.2.0a version of SageMC.

If I try to start in fullscreen, it opens up just a black screen. I can hear the cursor moving around in the background over items, but as soon as I pick any menu, it freezes, and I have to ctrl-alt-del and kill the process. The debug log shows "AWTThread Hang Detected".

Starting in a window loads as normal, and I am able to switch to fullscreen and run fine.

Another issue I'm encountering is after reaching the end of a recorded show, I receive the dialog that asks what I want to do with the file. Upon hitting Stop to go back to the main screen, SageTV freezes with the same AWTThread Hang in the debug file.

Help!
Not sure how to help, I've never experienced those issues myself. Did you play with different video settings (hardware accel on/off, FSE on/off, etc) ?

Dirk
Old 10-24-2006, 06:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Press the right arrow key when on a menu item other than My TV. That should highlight the weather bar.

Aloha,
Mike
Ok, this explains why I couldn't find it--it doesn't work for me! When I press right for TV and Other Programs, I get the appropriate menus, of course. But when I press right for anything else, I get nothing. I'll have to trouble shoot this.

Let me ask one last time about my channel icons-is it normal for the icon backgrounds to no longer be transparent in the 6.0 versions? The icons have maintained a transparent background in the on screen mini-guide, but in the main guide, the background is now white. This sure messes up the look in my guide.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
Ok, this explains why I couldn't find it--it doesn't work for me! When I press right for TV and Other Programs, I get the appropriate menus, of course. But when I press right for anything else, I get nothing. I'll have to trouble shoot this.
Yeah, it doesnt work if you have "MCE" style set ... I'll see if I can change this, no promises though ...

Quote:
Let me ask one last time about my channel icons-is it normal for the icon backgrounds to no longer be transparent in the 6.0 versions? The icons have maintained a transparent background in the on screen mini-guide, but in the main guide, the background is now white. This sure messes up the look in my guide.
I only have jpg channel logos available. Can you post one logo icon so that I can try to test it here ?

Dirk
Old 10-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not sure how to help, I've never experienced those issues myself. Did you play with different video settings (hardware accel on/off, FSE on/off, etc) ?

Dirk
I think this is related to the iSageMC theme plugin. I have experienced the same problem, and have stopped using it (which was a BIG hassle to get back to my regular theme). Tonight, I came home, and it was locked up on the screensaver, with the dreaded spinning SageTV icon...

I'm not sure what's going on there, if there is some kind of incompatibility with the newest version of SageMC and the iSageMC theme, or what...but it's very frustrating.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, it doesnt work if you have "MCE" style set ... I'll see if I can change this, no promises though ...
Will be in the next version ...

Dirk
Old 10-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC

Juc
Am I the only one who doesn't like using the icons because I don't want other people to see which ones are online and which ones aren't? I think it's some kind of insecurity due to insufficient hard drive space...

I prefer to let everyone that sees my Sage assume that they're all online. Much cooler that way.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Am I the only one who doesn't like using the icons because I don't want other people to see which ones are online and which ones aren't? I think it's some kind of insecurity due to insufficient hard drive space...

I prefer to let everyone that sees my Sage assume that they're all online. Much cooler that way.
I suppose it's slightly more effective than stuffing a sock in your computer, but either way you'll eventually get called on misrepresenting the size of your hard drive.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
For right now, if while in the Main Menu, you get focus down to the preview video, you can right arrow to the weather icon. I can left arrow to Power, then down arrow to preview video, and then right arrow to weather. Aroundabout, but it works.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
For right now, if while in the Main Menu, you get focus down to the preview video, you can right arrow to the weather icon. I can left arrow to Power, then down arrow to preview video, and then right arrow to weather. Aroundabout, but it works.
Ditto on above... that is the only way I can do it (other than actually choosing Weather off the menu).

On another note....I made an attempt at installing the iMC plugin (even after being forewarned by several people of danger..... and...well, it locked up while loading in the xml file... tried it twice, same result....

To get out, I unzipped my copy of MC v6.20a. let it overwrite the iMC files, reinstalled and back in business....
Oh yeah, and just as a precaution I made a backup of my properties file befroe trying to install iMC (Just in case)...
JD
Old 10-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
....I only have jpg channel logos available. Can you post one logo icon so that I can try to test it here ?

Dirk
I've attached an NBC logo from my HD feed. The background should be tranparent leaving only the logo and the letters HD. This worked great in V5 and still works in the mini guide.
Attached Images
File Type: png WVTMDT.png (37.2 KB, 220 views)
Closed Thread