SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Sage Icon

6303 (WNYNDT) for sure, 28-1 (WSJVDT) for OTA, and possibly a 3 digit channel in the 200's for the SD version of FOX, but I dont have that channel active in my channel list.

Ok, I just tried another show, that I dont watch. Deal or No Deal on NBC at 8pm tonight. Set the series up on channel 16-1 (WNDUDT) in my guide, and it shows on that channel and 6302 (WNBCDT). Neither are listed in the channel list in the series settings.

Last edited by Kirby; 10-30-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
6303 (WNYNDT) for sure, 28-1 (WSJVDT) for OTA, and possibly a 3 digit channel in the 200's for the SD version of FOX, but I dont have that channel active in my channel list.

Ok, I just tried another show, that I dont watch. Deal or No Deal on NBC at 8pm tonight. Set the series up on channel 16-1 (WNDUDT) in my guide, and it shows on that channel and 6302 (WNBCDT). Neither are listed in the channel list in the series settings.
Can you try this one ?

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 10-31-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

I've just noticed something weird--not exactly sure if this is a "feature" or not...
If I have a movie in My Recordings stored on my S drive and it to a different drive setup as an import drive(while sage is closed), when I start sage back it is still shown in My Recordings--but marked as archived. So is shows up and plays fine in my imported videos as well as My Recordings (as an archived show). If I delete the show while in My Recordings--it will delete it from the hard drive...Any way to remove it from showing up in My Recordings?
Thanks,
Juc
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Can you try this one ?

Dirk
Tried, and odd results... picked Heroes on NBC HD, 16-1 (WNDUDT). pressing the + yielded "WNDU (!)" and then through some other channels, but all with !. Attached is the log.

Another odd thing, it scrolled through and listed "MAXHD" for Cinemax HD, which was in an old cable lineup I had. But that has since been removed.

Maybe I have corrupt channel lineups? If so, whats the best way to clear them out and not lose all my favorites? Or cant that be done?
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (166.9 KB, 219 views)
Old 10-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

I think someone mentioned it, but if I set this:

sagemc/weather_bar_scalefactor=0.7

The BSOD goes away for me too. Just thought I'd point it out.

(In 6.2.0a, with Sage 6.0.13.112 installed.)
Old 10-30-2006, 07:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Another odd thing, it scrolled through and listed "MAXHD" for Cinemax HD, which was in an old cable lineup I had. But that has since been removed.

Maybe I have corrupt channel lineups? If so, whats the best way to clear them out and not lose all my favorites? Or cant that be done?
I think this one will solve the issue.
Let me know ...

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 10-31-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
I've just noticed something weird--not exactly sure if this is a "feature" or not...
If I have a movie in My Recordings stored on my S drive and it to a different drive setup as an import drive(while sage is closed), when I start sage back it is still shown in My Recordings--but marked as archived. So is shows up and plays fine in my imported videos as well as My Recordings (as an archived show). If I delete the show while in My Recordings--it will delete it from the hard drive...Any way to remove it from showing up in My Recordings?
Thanks,
Juc
I think this is a "feature" ...
Did you try to change the file time / file name before starting up Sage again ? Just a guess ...

Dirk
Old 10-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !

6.0.13 was able to import my whole FLAC library (except one file, but I'm sure this will eventually get fixed too).

*Finally* I will be able to use Sage as the only solution for all my media types.

Dirk
With that being said, is there any particular changes you plan to make in the Music section of SageMC?
Old 10-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Sage Expert

NAS Storage causing incorrect folder view for DVDs

I admit I'm not sure if this is a MC problem or something else, but I don't seem to have the problem in the regular STV, so I figured I'd check here...

Version: v6.0.12 w/ MC 6.2a

Problem: I just moved all of my dvds onto a new NAS (using NASLite-2) that I just setup. Using the "File System/View by Folder" settings in My Videos, the movies no longer properly show the folders they should be in. Instead, they're all located at the "top" level of My Videos.

Details: I had dvds spread across a few different drives, using a mix of local paths and UNC. For example:
- (on local) D:\Temporary DVDs\DVDs
- (on networked XP) E:\Owned DVDs\DVDs (shared as \\DESKTOP\Owned DVDs\DVDs)

In my Sage video folders, I pointed to:
- D:\Temporary DVDs
- \\DESKTOP\Owned DVDs

The result is that in "My Videos," I would see a folder called "DVDs" that combined all the dvds from both of the two drives. I like to have this top-level "DVD" folder so there aren't a million different videos on the main page, not to mention needing to separate DVDs from other imported videos.

I then setup a NASLite server with drives located at:
- \\NASLite-2\Disk-0\Temporary DVDs\DVDs
- \\NASLite-2\Disk-1\Owned DVDs\DVDs

and moved all of my dvds into these folders. Just like I had before, I pointed Sage to:
- \\NASLite-2\Disk-0\Temporary DVDs
- \\NASLite-2\Disk-1\Owned DVDs

I expected this to give me the top-level DVDs folder and then aggregate the dvds from both drives into it. Instead, what I get is all of the dvds from both of those folders directly in the top level of My Videos.

I don't know if this has something to do with the NAS being a Linux server or what, but if I go to the "Folder" view in the stock STV, I see all levels of folders, (including "Temporary DVDs" and "Owned DVDs", which I don't want, as well as the lower level "DVDs" which I do.)

Any ideas?

Last thought. Not sure how/if this affects anything. When sharing on windows, let's say a networked machine (DESKTOP) is setup with D:\A\B\C\video.mpg

Then, since the folder needs to be shared, we actually share folder B as "B." So to our Sage server, windows sees \\DESKTOP\B\C\video.mpg. It's not possible to point Sage to \\DESKTOP\A\B because it won't find it. Instead, you have to point Sage to \\DESKTOP\B.

With NASLite, I don't actually "share" the folders on the NASLite box *as* anything special, they're automatically shared and available on any Windows machine on the network. I THINK they're shared as the exact same name - for instance, \\NASLite\A\B\C would be shared by \\NASLite\A\B\C and not something else. At least, when I do "Add Network Drive" on another windows machine on the network, it let's me connect directly to \\NASLite\A\B\C.

So I'm not sure that last part really makes a difference. Just throwing out ideas though, cause I can't for the life of me figure out why anything's changed...

Thanks for any ideas!!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
With that being said, is there any particular changes you plan to make in the Music section of SageMC?
I knew this wouldn't go undetected ...

Well, we'll see

Dirk
Old 10-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think this one will solve the issue.
Let me know ...

Dirk
Nope... How about we give up on it for now.. I can just manually change to the default STV to adjust my series settings when needed, and it seems that its only affecting me right now.

Attaching a log though, it looks VERY odd, no idication that I even went into a show and recorded the series?? Or maybe I am just tired enough I dont see it. But I chose 'Friday Night Lights' on WNBCDT channel 6302, which is also available on 16-1 WNDUDT, but that wasnt offered to me in the channel list.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (34.0 KB, 186 views)
Old 10-30-2006, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Attaching a log though, it looks VERY odd, no idication that I even went into a show and recorded the series?? Or maybe I am just tired enough I dont see it.
No, dont worry, I removed all the additional debug output in this last version again because I was *so* sure that it would fix the problem...

The last log showed that there was a channel with an empty channel name, and the code did not react correctly in this case. I fixed it so that it would continue with the remaining channels instead of just bailing out. Well, this fix was necessary anyway, but it really bothers me that the problem remains in your case ...

Dirk
Old 10-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Nope, not working for me. I just added American Chopper as a series. Then into series settings, down to channels. If I click on "+" it starts listing my OTA lineup with "!" and then into my satellite lineup, again all with "!". Discovery HD is no where in the list. In fact Discovery channel (SD version) isnt in the list either!
I have this EXACT same problem, can't force a show to record on a specific channel. Didn't try it but once (was having a problem with our local provider having the wrong audio, so I was going to force the show to record on dish, but it woudln't show the channel. Showed every channel BUT the ones I wanted.

Charter Communications Digital on 28601, Charter HD on 28645, Dishnet on 28601. Charter Digital on the main server, HD on server via firewire, and Dishnet on a network encoder.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001
I have this EXACT same problem, can't force a show to record on a specific channel. Didn't try it but once (was having a problem with our local provider having the wrong audio, so I was going to force the show to record on dish, but it woudln't show the channel. Showed every channel BUT the ones I wanted.

Charter Communications Digital on 28601, Charter HD on 28645, Dishnet on 28601. Charter Digital on the main server, HD on server via firewire, and Dishnet on a network encoder.
Did you try the last debug STV (chl_debug3.zip) I posted earlier ?

Dirk
Old 10-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Sage Icon

I have the problem as well, but I haven't tried the last debug STV. I went into Prison Break, and it only gave me the HD channel to select the channel to force. All others had the (!) on it.

I might be able to try the debug version later this evening...
Old 10-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I got a strange home screen isssue. When returning to the main screen the icon is always off the screen. Scrolling thru the menu items always fixes it though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg home.jpg (17.1 KB, 226 views)
Old 10-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I have the problem as well, but I haven't tried the last debug STV. I went into Prison Break, and it only gave me the HD channel to select the channel to force. All others had the (!) on it.

I might be able to try the debug version later this evening...
No dice for me, even with version 3 of the debug STV.

Anyone else notice the newest version of SageTV does NOT change the name of the STV by a -1, -2, etc, with each import?

This seems a bit dangerous. I liked it the old way. Strange thing happening though, somehow, it appears to remember somehow.

For instance. I have SageMC_169.xml installed, and selected. I then import MovieTimes. It's still named SageMC_160.xml. MovieTimes works. I then switch to the debug 3.xml STV (forgot the name), and tried that out. Afterwards, I switched back to SageMC_169.xml, expecting that MovieTimes was already imported, as it worked before...BUT, it doesn't work?! I have to reimport it, and then it works...

So, I wonder if the change of STV files itself, reverts all changes made by imports to the original STV, somehow.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Problem: I just moved all of my dvds onto a new NAS (using NASLite-2) that I just setup. Using the "File System/View by Folder" settings in My Videos, the movies no longer properly show the folders they should be in. Instead, they're all located at the "top" level of My Videos.
Update on this: The folders on the NAS are definitely getting "flattened." For instance, if I put a dvd under \\NASLite\Owned DVDs\DVDs and another one under \\NASLite\Owned DVDs, they both end up on the same top level of My Videos.

I'm at a loss as to what else to try here. Does anyone else who uses a NAS have any suggestions?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:22 AM
Sage Expert

Well, don't ask me how, but somehow it sort of straightened itself out. Or I should say, deleting the import directories and re-adding them 3 or 4 times sorted it out. But only after 3 or 4 times of them having the same problem. Weird.

Anyway, it did cause me to notice one thing I hadn't really thought about. When I go to My Videos now, I have a few top level folders (DVDs, Internet Videos, etc.) Each of them has a "count" of how many items are in them, but they are WAY off.

It looks like it is only counting the number of folders underneath it, and none of the actual video files. For instance, Internet Videos says "12 items." There are 12 subfolders, but 93 individual videos as well. Similarly, DVDs says "124 items." There are 124 online dvds, and since all of them are in individual folders on the hard drive, that means 124 sub-folders. But there are over 200 more offline dvds, which are each (empty) .mpg files, but apparently none of them are counted.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? Any way to get it to see the individual video files as well as the folders in the count?
Old 10-31-2006, 02:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

missing my weather

I just installed the latest dev version on SageTV 6.0.13 and I'm missing "My Weather" on the main page.
Also is there a way to disable sounds?
Is there somewhere a "standby" option like in the orignial STV?

Btw, fantastic job, I remember trying the v5 of this STV and wasn't very impressed but now on this 6 the usability has improved tremendously!

Erik.
Closed Thread