SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

I'm having a problem I don't believe is related to MC, but since nobody has responded in the beta forum I figured I'd ask here. When I try to enter a channel number to go directly to the channel, it only accepts on digit at a time. I.e., if I try to go to channel 206, it goes to 2 then 0 then 6. I'm sure it is a configuration issue, but I can't figure out where.
Old 10-31-2006, 07:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
I'm having a problem I don't believe is related to MC, but since nobody has responded in the beta forum I figured I'd ask here. When I try to enter a channel number to go directly to the channel, it only accepts on digit at a time. I.e., if I try to go to channel 206, it goes to 2 then 0 then 6. I'm sure it is a configuration issue, but I can't figure out where.
Check your tuner control settings (Source Details/Tuner Control/Remote Control Options). Is "Digits per Channel" set to 1 by any chance ?

Dirk
Old 10-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Check your tuner control settings (Source Details/Tuner Control/Remote Control Options). Is "Digits per Channel" set to 1 by any chance ?

Dirk
Actually it is blank. I've got 4 tuners, 2 use the Directv serial control, one is using exetunerplugin.dll to control a D11 and one is HD OTA. When I try to set the number of digits on the 3 Directv sources, it leaves the field blank after I enter 3. Do I need to go into the sage.properties or do this directly on the server?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Actually it is blank. I've got 4 tuners, 2 use the Directv serial control, one is using exetunerplugin.dll to control a D11 and one is HD OTA. When I try to set the number of digits on the 3 Directv sources, it leaves the field blank after I enter 3. Do I need to go into the sage.properties or do this directly on the server?
Not sure, but I always do any changes to the tuner configuration in non-service mode on the server. Sage locks up on me if e.g. I learn / edit commands when the server is started as a service. If I temporarily change to non-service mode, it works fine.

Dirk
Old 10-31-2006, 08:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not sure, but I always do any changes to the tuner configuration in non-service mode on the server. Sage locks up on me if e.g. I learn / edit commands when the server is started as a service. If I temporarily change to non-service mode, it works fine.

Dirk
Even doing that it won't let me alter the setting it shows up as blank, everything else on that screen is blank except the channel confirm which is none. I'm using 6.0.13, do you think it might be a problem with saving settings?
Old 10-31-2006, 08:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Even doing that it won't let me alter the setting it shows up as blank, everything else on that screen is blank except the channel confirm which is none. I'm using 6.0.13, do you think it might be a problem with saving settings?
Not sure, the "save' bug affects STV code and not property or configuration files, but you never know ...

Dirk
Old 10-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not sure, the "save' bug affects STV code and not property or configuration files, but you never know ...

Dirk
That's what I thought, I've submitted a bug report on it. Hopefully they'll be able to fix it. Sorry for the hijack.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
If I take a series that I already have saved as KDFWDT (HD), and try and change the channel to the KDFW (SD) channel, it shows the ! by it. However, if I add a new series that is not already in the lineup, and then go down to where it says channel (ANY), then hit the + key, I see both the SD and HD channel listed as the first two channels.

If I take a series I already have, change it to ANY, then save it, come back in, and hit the +, then I get the other channels.

So, it appears to be working, but in order for it to recognize the other available channels, you'll need to make sure that it's set to ANY, then saved first, then check them. I noticed that "Other Showings" now takes into account the filtered channel setting, so it won't show you SD, if you only have HD set. I wonder if this has changed in V6.
I don't know how this is implemented in SageMC, but if it is using the GetFavoriteAirings() API call to find out which channel(s) are airing a fav, like the default STV does, then what you describe is to be expected and is not anything new. When you get a list of airings for a fav, it takes into consideration all limits that apply to that fav. Set it to only grab 8PM airings on Sunday? Then it won't find any shows at any other time or day. Similarly, once a fav has been limited to a single channel, then by definition no airings of that fav can be found on any other channel. So, to see a list of all possible channels for the fav, it first has to be set to use any channel.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

Makes since, but I didn't think it always worked that way...
Old 10-31-2006, 09:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I don't know how this is implemented in SageMC, but if it is using the GetFavoriteAirings() API call to find out which channel(s) are airing a fav, like the default STV does, then what you describe is to be expected and is not anything new. When you get a list of airings for a fav, it takes into consideration all limits that apply to that fav. Set it to only grab 8PM airings on Sunday? Then it won't find any shows at any other time or day. Similarly, once a fav has been limited to a single channel, then by definition no airings of that fav can be found on any other channel. So, to see a list of all possible channels for the fav, it first has to be set to use any channel.

- Andy
Oh my, Andy, thanks so much for pointing that out and saving me from hunting ghosts...
This is exactly how I implemented it in SageMC ...

Dirk
Old 11-01-2006, 05:25 AM
Sage Icon

Dirk, is chl_debug4.xml just a modified 6.2.0a xml? I.e. safe to run until you implement the changes in the next release?
Old 11-01-2006, 06:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Dirk, is chl_debug4.xml just a modified 6.2.0a xml? I.e. safe to run until you implement the changes in the next release?
Yep, just the additional two-line fix, and some added debug logging

Dirk
Old 11-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
LOL, yeah, hoping to get some other features in there, aren't you?!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
LOL, yeah, hoping to get some other features in there, aren't you?!
Ha, you're right, didn't recognize this sneaky aspect of the question ...

Dirk
Old 11-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Damn, you guys are quick!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Remote

A quick question...
I check other forums and have not found the answer...

I am using a Firefly remote (RF) and need the code (keystrokes or event #) for loading the main level of the the My TV menu.

As it is now, when I push the TV button on remote it takes me directly to Live TV. I would rather go to the top of the My TV menu.
I saw several options in the docs but not right ones...

Any takers?
Thanks -JD
Old 11-01-2006, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzy
A quick question...
I check other forums and have not found the answer...

I am using a Firefly remote (RF) and need the code (keystrokes or event #) for loading the main level of the the My TV menu.

As it is now, when I push the TV button on remote it takes me directly to Live TV. I would rather go to the top of the My TV menu.
I saw several options in the docs but not right ones...

Any takers?
Thanks -JD
Map the button to <Custom1> for the My TV menu ...

Dirk
Old 11-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

transparency on status bar

I was wondering if there is a way to have the status bar (while watching a show that shows the progress) and the show information transparent like the default STV? I probably missed a setting somewhere :P

The new 6.20 is really slick... I like the weather bar in the main menu.
Btw: any chance to have in the weather bar the forecast also?

Erik.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
Dirk, could you please look at picture 5 and compare to picture 4.
Hi John,

which exact icon set are you using ?

Dirk
Old 11-02-2006, 07:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
And the final few for now....

That's it for now... I also have a very nice Grey background, and a very nice Black background that are in the same style of the background above. They all look very nice, I just chose green as it was a nice change. Also, let me add, the person that actually designed and developed these gfx is a professional gfx designer/animator and you HAVE DEFINITELY seen his commercials on TV. Super Bowl Sunday (you know the great commercials that come out then!, he has done a few that aired recently), Coka Cola, Ritz, on and on and on. VERY impressive resume!

Looks good, nice touch with the little character. I know the kids will like it. Does he/she have a name?

Technazz
Closed Thread