SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

I must have just picked the wrong STV/xml file from within my SageTV3 directory. I have:

SageMC_169.xml
SageMC_169-1.xml TO SageMC_169-11.xml
SageMC_169_SageTV60beta.xml
sagemc_addon_0_5.xml
SageTV3-1.xml TO SageTV3-5.xml
SageTV3.xml

Which ones can I delete to clean up all the old/unneeded XML files?

I'm assuming I need to change my current STV (the 6.8a version for Sage 5) to 'SageMC_169.xml'

If at first you don't succeed...

Thanks

AWS
Old 11-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Personaly, I'd delete them all and start over using the link in flachbar's signature. All the different SageMC_169-*.xmls are from when you have imported additions to the stv file.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

...third time's a charm. Got the 6.2 to come up.

Thanks.

AWS
Old 11-04-2006, 02:47 PM
SageTVaholic

SageMC IMDB

I used SAGEMC on 1 of my clients. I used the IMDB retrieval on my imported Videos saved the data etc.. But now the imported videos on my other clients using the Default STV Titles view the names are all hosed. instead of the names I get Descriptions etc...

Snapshot attached.

Anyway I can fix this???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imported.JPG (61.0 KB, 276 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-04-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
I used SAGEMC on 1 of my clients. I used the IMDB retrieval on my imported Videos saved the data etc.. But now the imported videos on my other clients using the Default STV Titles view the names are all hosed. instead of the names I get Descriptions etc...

Snapshot attached.

Anyway I can fix this???
I just checked the default STV code - it only displays the 'Episode' field as the title (for whatever reson), even if it is empty. There is no easy way to change this without coding ... I know nielm's webserver is able to edit the metadata, but I just tried it on a video and it changes the video to an 'archived' recording, probably not what you want ...

Dirk
Old 11-04-2006, 03:25 PM
SageTVaholic

flachbar,

Thanks No problem I can correct these manually. I guess I will hold up getting IMDB for my imports.

I can get around the Archive by renaming them.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk,

Question on the whole custom group thing... Is there any way to sort all my shows in such a way that only those not assigned a group are listed? Its a real pain going through 500 shows and trying to remember which I have assigned, and which I havent. Sort of like the unassigned Genre folder, but an unassigned Group folder? Or is there better handling of all this in the default STV that I should go back to that to move things around?
Old 11-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
I just checked the default STV code - it only displays the 'Episode' field as the title (for whatever reson),
That's because for imported videos, the title field is the relative path to the video from the import dir where the file was found, while the episode is just the name of the video w/the path stripped off. For DVDs, this includes stripping off the trailing "VIDEO_TS" string that is part of the title's path.

The API docs probably need some clarification on this, but do some comparisons in Studio for the title & episode of some imported videos and you'll see the difference.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Or is there better handling of all this in the default STV that I should go back to that to move things around?
The default STV does not have any notion of 'Group' metadata. Unless I misunderstood and you are talking about going back to the standard STV...

Dirk
Old 11-04-2006, 09:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Nobody ever noticed that the DVD Profiler metadata import does not set the movie year correctly ?

Dirk
Old 11-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The default STV does not have any notion of 'Group' metadata. Unless I misunderstood and you are talking about going back to the standard STV...

Dirk
I dont know... but what about the rest of my post?
Old 11-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Sage User

Weather Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
I've downloaded the latest version and do not see the weather bar or any option to show this. What am I missing here?
I asked the same question previously. Any help on this? I can see it on MVP, but not the main server TV.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
I dont know... but what about the rest of my post?
Yes, next version

Dirk
Old 11-04-2006, 11:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayslearnin
I asked the same question previously. Any help on this? I can see it on MVP, but not the main server TV.
You're sure that you don't have these settings (the right pane is scrollable) ?

If not, you probably are not running the latest version. Re-download 6.2.0a again and make sure you see the correct version in the Setup screen.

Dirk
Old 11-05-2006, 06:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, next version

Dirk
Gracias Senor
Old 11-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Sage User

DVD playback errors

Hi guys,
I'm sorry if this is a common issue, but I can't find the right combination of search terms to find a solution.

I'm having odd DVD playback issues with 6.13a (Sage 6.0 beta). If I play a dvd right after rebooting, it works fine. If I watch TV ("live" or recorded) before playing DVD, the DVD menu works fine, but when I actually start the title (or try to go to a sub-menu on the DVD), Sage plays the tv video file I last watched.

I can replicate the problem with any DVD, commercial or burned. If I reboot and play the dvd without first viewing a video file, everything works fine.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 11-05-2006, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M
Hi guys,
I'm sorry if this is a common issue, but I can't find the right combination of search terms to find a solution.

I'm having odd DVD playback issues with 6.13a (Sage 6.0 beta). If I play a dvd right after rebooting, it works fine. If I watch TV ("live" or recorded) before playing DVD, the DVD menu works fine, but when I actually start the title (or try to go to a sub-menu on the DVD), Sage plays the tv video file I last watched.

I can replicate the problem with any DVD, commercial or burned. If I reboot and play the dvd without first viewing a video file, everything works fine.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Tim
Tim,
did you try the latest version 6.2.0a ?

Dirk
Old 11-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Tim,
did you try the latest version 6.2.0a ?

Dirk
D'oh! Will do that this afternoon and keep you posted.

Tim
Old 11-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Sage User

Love this STV. Great job..

I do have a couple questions..

1st - in the music section is there some way to just sort and list the music by how it's stored on the HD. I have all my music in an Artist folder and then an album folder inside of that. The two options in the STV are For Artist and Album name, but it pulls that info from the ID info I think. So I have a lot of compilation CDs' such as NOW, MTV party to go and movie soundtracks. Well it pulls all the songs out and puts them there own Artist or Album section in the STV even if I don't own that album and or artist. So instead of 400 some odd albumns that I own it has a list of like 700. I want the list to just be organized by how I have them stored on the HD. Is that possible. If I have even made sense...

2nd - Sometimes when I wake Sage it does not become the active window, or doesn't gain focus.. Is there any command I can add to force that..

3rd - I cannot seem to access the Weather bar on the main screen. I can see it but unless I have a mounse I cant activate it. I have tried arrowing down and using right arrow.. Can't seem to get it. Is there something I'm missing..

Thanks again and great job
Mike
Old 11-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeydog
Love this STV. Great job..

I do have a couple questions..

1st - in the music section is there some way to just sort and list the music by how it's stored on the HD. I have all my music in an Artist folder and then an album folder inside of that. The two options in the STV are For Artist and Album name, but it pulls that info from the ID info I think. So I have a lot of compilation CDs' such as NOW, MTV party to go and movie soundtracks. Well it pulls all the songs out and puts them there own Artist or Album section in the STV even if I don't own that album and or artist. So instead of 400 some odd albumns that I own it has a list of like 700. I want the list to just be organized by how I have them stored on the HD. Is that possible. If I have even made sense...

2nd - Sometimes when I wake Sage it does not become the active window, or doesn't gain focus.. Is there any command I can add to force that..

3rd - I cannot seem to access the Weather bar on the main screen. I can see it but unless I have a mounse I cant activate it. I have tried arrowing down and using right arrow.. Can't seem to get it. Is there something I'm missing..

Thanks again and great job
Mike
Hi Mike.

1. Try using "My Music Files" enabled by using the options menu on the Main Menu (or ESC on the keyboard). Make sure and do a refresh before leaving the options menu.
2. No idea?!
3. I believe that Dirk said that arrowing over to the weatherbar does not work when using "MCE Style" menus, but only when using "SageTV Style" menus. This setting is also found in the Main Menu options menu.