SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 07:14 AM
Sage User

Kricker,

Forgive the OT but are you still using Meedio with Sage. If so could you possibly PM me some info on how you run Sage within Meedio.

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

I was wondering if in one of the future version if watched functionality could be added to the video library. Plus it would be nice if the watched bar could be added. I have made these changes to an earlier version of SageMC, but it is hard to keep making the changes in each version.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 11-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Minor issues in the music section

Wow--this theme just gets better and better. The improvements to the music section are incredible. Dirk, you've taken this another level!!

A couple of minor issues.
1. When I'm in the album view with cover art, the cover art fills the entire selection bar, so I can barely see which album I've selected. I am using a green background with the green glassy selection icons, so this problem may be unique to my set-up. I've toggled between small and large pics, but nothing is helping.
2. With the new alternate visualization, is there a way to change the amount of time the cover art image stays on screen?
3. Milkdrop visualizations are opening in the background. (I think this is a Sage version 6 issue, not unique to this MC update.) I can bring it to the foreground by toggling the taskbar icon, but was wondering if there is a fix to make it open in the foreground.

Future suggestion:
If you look to update the look of the weather screen, consider a screen similar to this:
http://www.meedio.com/maid/screensho...78F31}&start=6
I find it easier to read--but that may just be me!!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
Future suggestion:
If you look to update the look of the weather screen, consider a screen similar to this:
http://www.meedio.com/maid/screensho...78F31}&start=6
Very nice! Gets my vote too!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Dirk,

Are you doing anything with placeshifter on SageMC, or does it work just by luck? If you arent actively working on anything for placeshifter clients, then disregard this part.

When I was poking around on my placeshifter connection today, I noticed these screens pulling in the wrong icons, and not stretching Mike's genre icons also:

Also, on the group view, is there any way to change the folder icons (or list icons) to something snazzy like Mike made for everything else?
Old 11-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question: when a show ends, I delete it from the menu that pops up, which now gives other options. Can I set it to just delete it (set as watched) by default?

Request: re: Music. Can we add a Play option from the first music screen, that will (random) play all music?
Old 11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
Request: re: Music. Can we add a Play option from the first music screen, that will (random) play all music?
Second this request!!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, You choose the weekend that I decide to go out of town to do this to me, so I have 5 pages of thread to read, huh?

Well, thanks, I really like the updates, espcially in the music and videos sections. I have my columns and rows set pretty low, due to some of the weird overlapping that was going on before, now I think I can safely open those up a bit, to get more on the display.

Dynamic main menus will have to wait a bit for me. Maybe this coming weekend I might be able to toy around with them.

There is one JAR file I noticed in the "latest" download, that is OLDER than one of the ones I have, so I didn't overwrite it. The newer one is from one of two things, either the movietimes import, or the web server. Those are the only two I'm using right now.

Thanks again, Dirk. Looks really good, I'm sure mlbdude would be impressed (or maybe, IS impressed).

Thanks to all the others that also had a part in it all.

I'd like the option of selecting "in place of" or "keep" the original file in the favorites section for compression. I think it may have been mentioned before, but some might want to keep the full version for their HDTV, and a compressed version for say, a PSP, iPod or something else...not sure if it's possible, without a lot of changes, because then the compression seeker has to realize when it's processed a file, and to NOT process, the already processed file... Maybe it could rename the new file similar to a saved STV, with the -1, -2, etc, extension...
Old 11-20-2006, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
For example do this:
1. on the main screen select 'my music'
2. return to the main screen either with the home command or left as back it doesn't matter.
3. now select my TV/recorded TV
4. return to the main screen
5. music will be highlighted after my TV flashes for a split second
Thanks a lot Karl, these detailed steps allowed me to reproduce it here, which makes it a lot easier to find a fix !

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
I have read a few short posts about this and was wondering if there is a resolution.

I had Sage v6 with SageMC 6.2 running. I downloaded SageMC 6.3 update (not full) and extracted it to the sagetv directory. Before this though, I loaded the default .xml.

When I start Sagetv in service mode, I get a serious hang on loading. Then once it does load, after about 3-4 minutes, navigating through menu's is impossible. Nearly :30 to switch from one menu item to the next.

Without service mode it runs fine.

I saw a post about "ui/use_native_image_loader" to 'true'. I checked the properties file and do not have this line to change. I wasn't even sure if that answer was for this question.
Any tips would be great.
Thanks!!
Hi pvr599,

did you try the solution which fixed the exact same problem for Hyperbaric ?

Quote:
Ah, got it working.. just changed the property file manually to use the default STV, then loaded the MC STV from the settings menu

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 06:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
Wow--this theme just gets better and better. The improvements to the music section are incredible. Dirk, you've taken this another level!!
Thank you

Quote:
1. When I'm in the album view with cover art, the cover art fills the entire selection bar, so I can barely see which album I've selected. I am using a green background with the green glassy selection icons, so this problem may be unique to my set-up. I've toggled between small and large pics, but nothing is helping.
Can you post a screenshot, I am having trouble to visualize this ...

Quote:
2. With the new alternate visualization, is there a way to change the amount of time the cover art image stays on screen?
You mean after the cover is full size after the animation, before the next cycle starts ? Not right now, but I'll see if I can add a setting for this

Quote:
3. Milkdrop visualizations are opening in the background. (I think this is a Sage version 6 issue, not unique to this MC update.) I can bring it to the foreground by toggling the taskbar icon, but was wondering if there is a fix to make it open in the foreground.
Milkdrop starts nicely in the foreground on my system. Do you have by any chance the 'UI tweaks' for XP installed ? There is a setting that disables by default applications from stealing the focus, if this is set then changing it would solve the problem

Quote:
Future suggestion:
http://www.meedio.com/maid/screenshots.php?plugin_id={669DA236-C83D-4BDB-B849-9068FD178F31}&start=6
Looks good, but not really high on my priority list (which of course changes from time to time )

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Can the weatherbar be safely brought up to a 1.0 scale, instead of the 0.7 that was required to stop the BSOD? Just wondering...
Old 11-20-2006, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
Dirk,

Are you doing anything with placeshifter on SageMC, or does it work just by luck? If you arent actively working on anything for placeshifter clients, then disregard this part.
Placeshifter is, from the UI perspective, just another 'client', so there is no special code for it to work. Did you set the 'Use fullsize icon' option ? Also, a restart of the server sometimes can clean up issues with MVP or Placeshifter clients

Quote:
Also, on the group view, is there any way to change the folder icons (or list icons) to something snazzy like Mike made for everything else?
Custom groups are just another form of custom genres, so if you have *_list and *_folder icons with the name of the group in your 'GenreIcons' folder it should display those for the group

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
Question: when a show ends, I delete it from the menu that pops up, which now gives other options. Can I set it to just delete it (set as watched) by default?
You can disable the multi-options delete dialog in the SageMC options, but the 'simple' delete will only delete the file, and not set it watched (it's supposed to be a simple action without 'side-effects')

Quote:
I'll see what I can do ...

Dirk

Last edited by dflachbart; 11-20-2006 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Placeshifter is, from the UI perspective, just another 'client', so there is no special code for it to work. Did you set the 'Use fullsize icon' option ? Also, a restart of the server sometimes can clean up issues with MVP or Placeshifter clients
Ahh, I never changed that on the placeshifter. I forgot about it actually. I will change it when I get a chance and see if it fixes it.

Quote:
Custom groups are just another form of custom genres, so if you have *_list and *_folder icons with the name of the group in your 'GenreIcons' folder it should display those for the group

Dirk
Excellent! I will make up some not-quite-as-nice-as-Mike's Group icons for my groups and name them appropriately.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Can the weatherbar be safely brought up to a 1.0 scale, instead of the 0.7 that was required to stop the BSOD? Just wondering...
My posts must be invisible or something...

Anyway, it can be set back to 1.0 without issue. Looks good!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes it should, I reduced the font size to a value Mike determined to be 'safe' ...

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Wow, You choose the weekend that I decide to go out of town to do this to me, so I have 5 pages of thread to read, huh?

Quote:
There is one JAR file I noticed in the "latest" download, that is OLDER than one of the ones I have, so I didn't overwrite it. The newer one is from one of two things, either the movietimes import, or the web server. Those are the only two I'm using right now.
Could you also tell me which one ?

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
My posts must be invisible or something...

Anyway, it can be set back to 1.0 without issue. Looks good!
Hey, have some patience, I am not that fast at typing ...

Dirk
Old 11-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Can we just get rid of the big F or C (I guess there is a C for those Celsius users) in the weather bar? It's Ugly. Surely everyone knows weather (...whether...weather....sorry..anyhow) they are looking at Fahrenheit or Celsius temperatures.
Closed Thread