SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
I too see the compress all option. I have also passed the 7 button limit with an archived recording seen here:
That's what it looks like for me too. I'm not sure how to do a screen-shot - I'm using an MVP

Andy.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I too see the compress all option. I have also passed the 7 button limit with an archived recording seen here:
Strange that it's not on every show, isn't it? Does it only show up on shows you've tried to compress before?
Old 11-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby
My few transcodes I tried worked fine and completed. Not sure what yours are 'waiting' for...

On another note, your first screenshot reminds me to get comskip setup!
Yeah, you need to get that setup, pronto. It's one of the bragging rights of any HTPC user, and helps in the heated TiVo discussions...

Man, some people will never understand what the point is...got into a very detailed and frustrating conversation with some family members this week...
Old 11-24-2006, 10:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Strange that it's not on every show, isn't it? Does it only show up on shows you've tried to compress before?
Not for me, but perhaps it only shows up on favorites?

Andy.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
compress all seems to be listed in the details screen for ALL my shows. The only time delete is off the bottom that I have found so far is when a show is archived. An archived show adds another button on screen which forces delete off the bottom.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Karl, this describes the scenario very well. It's for favorite shows that have been archived, the 'Unarchive' button messes things up. I think about moving the 'Unarchive' button to the Options menu, unless a majority prefers to have the 'Compress All' moved to the 'Send to.." instead

Edit: oops, didn't notice you figured the same in your last post ...

Dirk
Old 11-25-2006, 08:21 AM
Sage User

Quote:
My Delete isn't being removed, but I see the Compress All on certain shows, in detailed information...

On another note, anyone have their transcoding stuck like mine? I never get one to process...

What options do you have enabled to get the time bar and encoding information shown at the bottom?
Old 11-25-2006, 09:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darc87
What options do you have enabled to get the time bar and encoding information shown at the bottom?
Just press the 'Info' button

Dirk
Old 11-25-2006, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

On another note, anyone have their transcoding stuck like mine? I never get one to process...
Did you try to delete those jobs from the property file and start over again ?

Btw, I noticed that ugly blue options menu in your screenshot. Did you know that you can adjust the background color to match your theme (Colors & Fonts/Options Menu color) ?

Dirk
Old 11-25-2006, 09:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrap
Thanks, I see that now. But I don't see any visual indicator, like a "W".
You set it watched, but the icon doesn't show up ? Weird ... What are your display settings for this menu (On Now / Filter / Order) ?

Dirk
Old 11-25-2006, 09:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
A few minor UI tweak suggestions to take advantage of some of the cool new features, mainly having to do with consistency and useability:
1) - 4)
Thanks popechild, all suggestions make very much sense

Quote:
5) Bug maybe? At least for me, My Pictures keeps resetting itself to 2x2, regardless of what I set it to, any time I leave that section and then come back to it.
Yeah, noticed that too. As a workaround, quit SageMC after you changed the setting, and it will stick.

Dirk
Old 11-25-2006, 09:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild
Dirk,

btw, as long as I'm checking out your theme:
1) How'd you get the grey background? The standard in that theme seems to be green, and I don't see anything like that in Maui's icons...
I changed the selection bars from green to grey myself with Photoshop . If you want to use them, I attached the images to this post

Quote:
2) Suppose I wanted to keep the theme I'm using, but switch the font to the one from the MCE theme. Any way I can accomplish this?
A SageMC theme does not set any fonts, it's just a collection of images and icons. If you want to change fonts, you'll have to edit the numerous font settings in the property file (some of them are accesible in the SageMC options). Btw, the font you see in my screenshots is not the default Arial, but 'MS Trebuchet' (I think that's the font the original MCE is using).

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip grey_selection_bars.zip (8.1 KB, 183 views)
Old 11-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Dirk,
Sorry to bother you again, but I'm having problems again.

After my clean re-install of both Sage 6.0.15 & SageMC 6.3.0 it worked good. I was playing with some settings or something, I can't remember exactly, but I messed something up. I ended up un-installing and re-installing just SageTV. I worked with that for a while getting it all setup in both regular and service mode. After everything was working fine I extracted SageMC to the Sagetv directory, started service then started Sagtv. It's back to hanging again and I didn't even load the XML file yet.

I think I'm going to be stuck using the defaut Sagetv. I can't understand why this is back to not working again.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
It's back to hanging again and I didn't even load the XML file yet.
Which tells me that it can't be anything SageMC specific...

When you reinstalled the default SageTV, did you install any other imports before installing SageMC ?

Dirk
Old 11-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Btw, I noticed that ugly blue options menu in your screenshot. Did you know that you can adjust the background color to match your theme (Colors & Fonts/Options Menu color) ?

Dirk
Hmm...guess I had never seen that before. Got any suggestions? Would be cool to see a color swatch (?) while changing the number, so you can see it instantly... (Wouldn't you know that suggestion would turn into a feature request?)

Last edited by geogecko; 11-25-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Did you try to delete those jobs from the property file and start over again ?

Dirk
Do I just delete all the transcoder/jobs/ lines?

Edit. Thanks, that took care of the problem. Not sure why it was hung up, except that it had job 5 in the queue, and said the next job ID was 8...

Last edited by geogecko; 11-25-2006 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do I just delete all the transcoder/jobs/ lines?
Yep, shut down Sage (UI and service) and delete them ...

Dirk
Old 11-25-2006, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Hmm...guess I had never seen that before. Got any suggestions? Would be cool to see a color swatch (?) while changing the number, so you can see it instantly... (Wouldn't you know that suggestion would turn into a feature request?)
If the Sage core would offer a color swatch I would use it, but coding this from scratch, nah thanks ... Start with something like 437C8D ...

Dirk
Old 11-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If the Sage core would offer a color swatch I would use it, but coding this from scratch, nah thanks ... Start with something like 437C8D ...

Dirk
Thanks, I'll try that (actually, that color turned out perfect, thanks!). Also, I found these links handy...

http://www.johncfish.com/bggallery/otherchart/index.htm
http://www.tbi.univie.ac.at/TBI/hex_color_chart.html
http://www.ematti.com/images/RGB_colour_chart.gif

Last edited by geogecko; 11-25-2006 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Thanks Karl, this describes the scenario very well. It's for favorite shows that have been archived, the 'Unarchive' button messes things up. I think about moving the 'Unarchive' button to the Options menu, unless a majority prefers to have the 'Compress All' moved to the 'Send to.." instead

Edit: oops, didn't notice you figured the same in your last post ...

Dirk
I would prefer 'compress all' in the send to... or options dialog.

For the background color changes and such, would it be possible to include an option to choose your own background like in the deafult STV with the extra options enabled?

Last edited by kricker; 11-25-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Closed Thread