SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
GetDVDAvailableLanguages() now does extra duty here for non-DVD videos that have multiple audio tracks.
Ahhh, I see ...
So I just need to take out the IsDVD(MediaFile) in the SageMC code

Since this not very intuitive, what about updating the API docs for this ?

Dirk
Old 11-27-2006, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Hopefully I can take my domain name with me, to keep all my pics and links working...
Yep, domain transfer shouldnt be a problem. And also as far as I know 1&1 bills monthly, so there's no long-term contract binding you

Dirk
Old 11-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
The code you posted only applies to DVD content, and has already been in the SageMC options menu ('Audio Language' menu item) for a long time.
As Andy said, the API regarding DVD language is now available for other media files (MPG / TS files with more than one audio stream).

So I just added one entry in the OSD options menu for displaying the "Audio Languages" selector if the conditions are met (I'm just using what is already done for the DVD part in the OSD options menu). And it is working : when I watch a Live TV DVB-T channel with multiple audio stream I can choose the language to play within SageMC.

However, in the default STV when you bring up the audio languages selection, it put a radio button in front of each languages to reflect the audio stream that is currently playing (with attributes widget) and I was not able to reproduce this part in SageMC (the menu displays without radio buttons and doesn't work anymore).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ahhh, I see ...
So I just need to take out the IsDVD(MediaFile) in the SageMC code
You'll need to also check IsVideoFile(), either on the same line or a separate item in the menu, since that returns false for a DVD. You probably wouldn't want to use just GetDVDAvailableLanguages(), since it may not apply to other media types... hmmmm... I suppose that would just be music & I haven't checked to see what the results would be on a music file. So, maybe you could use GetDVDAvailableLanguages() by itself. (Are there music files where you would want to select the audio track?)

Quote:
Since this not very intuitive, what about updating the API docs for this ?
Send in a bug report for the API docs.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker
Flachbar-

Any chance of getting JREkiwi's new comskip stvi features incorporated into the next version of SageMC??

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21515

Thanks,
Dan
Code:
New features in this version are:

- Toxmox comskip marker icons for airings
 - Delete comskip files button on options for airing (deletes .edl, .txt, .vPrj, .log)
 - Deletes comskip files when recording is deleted
 - May fix "stops working if too many buttons are pushed" bug
 - Supports .mpg, .avi, .ts files
 - Supports edl and txt format files
 - Option setting for Commercial Block marker transparency
 - Option for using Left/Right buttons for Custom 4/5 function (1.2.2)
 - Fix for not deleting comskip files on some methods of delete recording (1.2.2)
 - Works on Sage version 5 and 6.
What features were you thinking of ?

Dirk
Old 11-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well, let's see (/me greedily peruses his options)...these would be nice:

- Comskip marker icons for airings (I'm assuming this is an icon showing whether a show has been comskip analyzed yet or not)
- Delete comskip files button on options for airing (deletes .edl, .txt, .vPrj, .log)

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11-27-2006, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker
- Comskip marker icons for airings (I'm assuming this is an icon showing whether a show has been comskip analyzed yet or not)
Not sure if I am going to add this, since you already have the Timebar with commercial breaks in the Program Info screen

Quote:
What would this be used for, forcing re-run of commercial detection ? But then you would also need to change some settings in comskip/SA, or it would just generate the same breaks, correct ?

Quote:
Not sure if this is really needed. I would think everyone using commercial detection is also either using Dirmon2 or Comskip monitor, and I believe both have a 'cleanup' option which works in the background

Quote:
This setting is already available in the SageMC 'Colors & Fonts' options for quite some time

I noticed that the video file extensions in the SageMC code are currently limited to *.mpg and *.avi, so adding *.ts to that will definitely be one new feature

Dirk
Old 11-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Flachbar. Nice work on the newest release. I really like the newer music controls. Would there be a chance to get a few more features on the now playing screen?
-It would be nice to also see other album art besides just the cover. For example, if you could somehow select the also see other booklet pages we might have scanned for a particular album (I.E. back cover, or other pages of the booklet). I would really like that feature from within the now playing screen somehow. While I haven't yet scanned all my booklets, there are a lot that I have scanned. Maybe there could be a naming scheme like 0.jpg, 1.jpg, etc. and your code would know to offer up to as many views as there are jpg files in the album folder???

-Also, if you go to the queue view, there is no way to get back to the now playing screen (the one with the stop, play, ffw, rwnd, etc. buttons) except to go "back". Can you add another now playing button to that screen so that you can navigate "forward" to get the now playing screen again.

-Then one bug or something I have noticed for a long time now. If you let the Sage screen saver kick in after a music queue has ended, then the only way to "wake up" Sage is to push the main menu button. If you leave Sage idle from any other area, then you can wake it up just by pushing up or down on your remote.

One another note... did you have any ideas for me about how I can cause the internal Sage DVD player to begin playing a specified path from outside of Sage? I want to use something like this so that my own external code can situate my changer, etc. and then pass the information to Sage about the path to now play.

Thanks in advance, your STV rocks!

Last edited by Madcoder; 11-27-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Not sure if this is really needed. I would think everyone using commercial detection is also either using Dirmon2 or Comskip monitor, and I believe both have a 'cleanup' option which works in the background
I'm not using either for comskip at the moment. Should I be? Everything seems to just work with the options in sagemc for commercial skipping atm.

Mick.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
sageMC is not letting go of DX9

-Flachbar
When I am using SageMC sleeping sage will not let go of DX9 resources. For example Zoomplayer can not use DX9 for rendering if Sage is sleeping in the tray. I sent a bug report to Sage before I tried using the default STV (stupid me). When I switched to the default STV, DX9 resources are released properly. I will go ahead and followup with Sage and send them my new log file with the default STV and everything working properly to see if they have any ideas what it may be. Would you like both my log file using the default STV and my log file from SageMC?

EDIT
ok...now I am just going crazy! It has done this to me for a week. Now all of a sudden, while trying to test what it might be, it is working fine!? Oh well consider it fixed....for now.

Last edited by kricker; 11-27-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Man, this thread grows fast. Anyway, just a few suggestions on the MyMusic and MyVideos screens:

- MyVideos: 2 Layer Deep Menus (Genre, then Title, or any other group). Three would cover everything, but I see that as being harder .

- MyMusic: Make search toggleable for what it searches (if viewing by album then only search albums, if viewing by artist then only search artist, etc.). Also, the 'keypad on the fly search' kind of grew on me. Anyway to implement that in the SageMC setup? (which I think improves 100x, just not in the searching area which was the only place the stock STV was good).

And great work on this...
Old 11-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp
I'm not using either for comskip at the moment. Should I be? Everything seems to just work with the options in sagemc for commercial skipping atm.

Mick.
The only result is that you end up with orphaned .edl and .txt files after you deleted the associated .mpeg.

I currently use DirMon2, but it'd be nice to get rid of another running service if the .stvi could duplicate the behavior.

-Dan
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Sage Icon

ShowAnalyzer, DirMon2, and SageTV Commercial Skipping

For those that have not setup commercial skipping, and wish to use ShowAnalyzer and DirMon2 to do it, I've put together a little tutorial on how to go about it.

The one in the Wiki was done a while back, but the interfaces to the two programs have changed enough, that it's a little confusing.

http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=562

There are a bunch of screen captures to help people get up to speed pretty fast.

Good luck.

Here's to Kirby for inspiring me.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
-It would be nice to also see other album art besides just the cover. For example, if you could somehow select the also see other booklet pages we might have scanned for a particular album (I.E. back cover, or other pages of the booklet). I would really like that feature from within the now playing screen somehow. While I haven't yet scanned all my booklets, there are a lot that I have scanned. Maybe there could be a naming scheme like 0.jpg, 1.jpg, etc. and your code would know to offer up to as many views as there are jpg files in the album folder???
Well, currently SageMC only uses the Sage core APIs to access and display cover art, and the core only supports one image per mediafile. To achieve what you want this would have to be completely re-written into custom code. I don't rule out completely that I might look at this at some point, but it would certainly be not at the top of my list for things to do. I think most of us (including me) don't scan the cover art themselves, but download it from various sources, so there is usually only one cover available anyway

Quote:
-Also, if you go to the queue view, there is no way to get back to the now playing screen (the one with the stop, play, ffw, rwnd, etc. buttons) except to go "back". Can you add another now playing button to that screen so that you can navigate "forward" to get the now playing screen again.
I could add the button, but why is going 'back' problematic for you ? If you have 'left as back' enabled, it's a simple left cursor button press, which is even more convenient than a separate 'Now Playing' button because it works while any button is focused, whereas you'd have to navigate to the 'Now Playing' button first in order to press it. But as I said, I could add it if this is really important

Quote:
-Then one bug or something I have noticed for a long time now. If you let the Sage screen saver kick in after a music queue has ended, then the only way to "wake up" Sage is to push the main menu button. If you leave Sage idle from any other area, then you can wake it up just by pushing up or down on your remote.
Never noticed that, I'll check it out

Quote:
One another note... did you have any ideas for me about how I can cause the internal Sage DVD player to begin playing a specified path from outside of Sage? I want to use something like this so that my own external code can situate my changer, etc. and then pass the information to Sage about the path to now play.
Could you elaborate a bit more (must have missed any previous post regarding this) ?

Dirk
Old 11-28-2006, 07:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp

Mick.
So you are using the SageMC internal 'Background Commercial Processing' feature ? Wow, didn't think that this even worked ...

Anyway, using an external scheduler like Dirmon2 has many advantages, like being able to run multiple comskip sessions at the same time, passing parameters to the comskip process (like e.g. the nice option to use less CPU), ability to set blackout times, etc etc). I would at least try it out, Jasons turorial (and although it handles SA, the dirmon setup is pretty similar for comskip) looks great ...

Dirk
Old 11-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

*blusing* Thanks! I guess I should point that out in the tutorial. You'd only have to change a couple settings in those instructions to have it work for comskip...
Old 11-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Sage Icon

Kirby, yes, I'll have to try PNG files.

BTW, your PM inbox is full!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
BTW, your PM inbox is full!
Not anymore
Old 11-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvr599
DIRK!!!!
I did a clean install of SageTV 6.0.15 and SageMC 6.3.0....IT WORKS.
I didn't expect to have to do this, but looking the main menu it looks like it's worth it so far.
Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it SO much.
Dana
Today I also did a completely fresh install of Sage 6.0.15 and SageMC 6.3.0, including removing existing Java and allowing Sage to install 1.14.

If I set up Sage fully in service mode, then load SageMC, I can exit and run Sage without problem. BUT.. if I then disable / re-enable service mode, running Sage with MC leads to the same issue of blank screen for few mins then uber-slow menus.

pvr599, does it still work for you if you do the same?

I can't think of anything specific to my setup (or the few others with this problem) that would cause this.

So, back to non-service mode for me for the moment.

flachbar, hope you can help find a solution to this! Many thanks for your efforts so far.

http://www.osirisphoto.com
Old 11-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbaric
Today I also did a completely fresh install of Sage 6.0.15 and SageMC 6.3.0, including removing existing Java and allowing Sage to install 1.14.

If I set up Sage fully in service mode, then load SageMC, I can exit and run Sage without problem. BUT.. if I then disable / re-enable service mode, running Sage with MC leads to the same issue of blank screen for few mins then uber-slow menus.

pvr599, does it still work for you if you do the same?

I can't think of anything specific to my setup (or the few others with this problem) that would cause this.

So, back to non-service mode for me for the moment.

flachbar, hope you can help find a solution to this! Many thanks for your efforts so far.
This may not be the cause of your problem but (as mentioned earlier in the thread) I've seen a problem recently on several machines where running the sage service as the system account allows the sage service to start normally but when the sage client/ui is fired up on the server it starts very slowly and runs at 100% cpu continuously. On both of these setups (mine and a friend's) changing the service settings so that it was using the same account as the logged in user (in my case .\Administrator) cleared the problem up and everything is working nicely again.

I'm not sure exactly what has caused this problem for me and whether it will be affecting everyone but thought it worth mentioning again just in case it helps.

Mick.
Closed Thread