SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 04:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
Possible bug--I can't get the the Send to Archive button on the stop screen pop-up to work. The one on the show details screen works fine.
Yep, we have a winner here ...
Will be fixed in the next version

Dirk
Old 11-30-2006, 04:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
You mean the normal place right? Weird, because I could swear that was set to Never (from the stock STV) but I was still getting video for the background. I'll have to try again I guess.
Yep, standard location...
Did you install any other imports ? SageMC should not change this setting itself

Dirk
Old 11-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
Move further south...

Seriously though its in the options menu when you have the maps on the screen...

Go to weather.com to find the links to the maps you want...
Thanks, will investigate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
The SageMC music library is tag-based only, so the ability to group by folder would require a whole lot new code ...
Dirk
FWIW, I know you said you weren't interested in doing something like this, but I would vote for it as a feature request.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yep, we have a winner here ...
Yeah!! I like winning.
Do I get a free copy of SageMC?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Quote:
What the standard UI however does is display for each directory a different icon (I have mostly the CD cover in it), MC doesn't do that. All that work I did getting these pictures for nothing
We can talk about this one...

Dirk
Hmm, I just wanted to add this, and I noticed it already works that way ??

Dirk
Old 11-30-2006, 06:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
Yeah!! I like winning.
Do I get a free copy of SageMC?
Of course !

Download link is in my sig

Dirk
Old 11-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Time for another newbie question .... or two. This is very probably redundant stuff -- just go have a drink if it gets too boring.

I've finally got a stable system operating. Been running 4 days with no freezes and only one missed channel change. I'm looking into buying an MVP and stealing the STB from the bedroom so I guess I am thoroughly hooked.
SageMC is really quite fabulous. Big Kudos to the designers and programmers!

I am now starting to explore things and I notice there is a setting to enable commercial skips. Is this function an integral part of SageMC6? I enabled it ... but nothing seems to be happening. How does this operate? Do I still need to install comskip and something to trigger it (Comskip Monitor/Dirmon2 etc...).

Secondly -- I used the Intelligent Suggestions.stvi before with Sage version 5(before I found out about the Sage MC plugin.) And while there is a suggestion schedule in SageMC ... I did like the other plugin better. The grouping and stuff was cool. Can i still use that or will it create a conflict?

I am hesitant to just go installing stuff .. it took me so long to get a stable system going that I am scared I'm going to hose something. I have trashed wiz.bin and .properties so many times .. I'll die if I do it again!

If there's a SageMC specific manual I didn't find it -- is there one? Thanks for any and all advice and comments.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

All joking aside, Dirk, do you have a beer fund or any other way for us to to send you a $ thank you for all your work?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonTom
FWIW, I know you said you weren't interested in doing something like this, but I would vote for it as a feature request.
I will have sort of a 'compromise' for you in the next version...

Dirk
Old 11-30-2006, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm
All joking aside, Dirk, do you have a beer fund or any other way for us to to send you a $ thank you for all your work?
If you ever get down here to Brookfield you can buy me a beer , but other than that - nah, so far it's still fun... But thanks for the offer !

Dirk
Old 11-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
You mean the normal place right? Weird, because I could swear that was set to Never (from the stock STV) but I was still getting video for the background. I'll have to try again I guess.
Yep, standard location...
Did you install any other imports ? SageMC should not change this setting itself
What values are you using for the display_video_on_menus property? To help the property value not get translated by accident, quite a while back the values were changed to have an "X" at the front. The default STV translates to the new values when the Main Menu is loaded so it is compatible with the older non-X values.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
What values are you using for the display_video_on_menus property? To help the property value not get translated by accident, quite a while back the values were changed to have an "X" at the front. The default STV translates to the new values when the Main Menu is loaded so it is compatible with the older non-X values.

- Andy
Yeah, that may very well be the reason...

Dirk
Old 11-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd
I am now starting to explore things and I notice there is a setting to enable commercial skips. Is this function an integral part of SageMC6? I enabled it ... but nothing seems to be happening. How does this operate? Do I still need to install comskip and something to trigger it (Comskip Monitor/Dirmon2 etc...).
A tutorial I just finished on using DirMon2 and ShowAnalyzer in Sage.

http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=562

There is a SageMC Wiki, that is kind of a user guide.

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169

(Dirk, might should put that Wiki link in your first post, or signature or something...it only shows up in the original SageMC thread...)
Old 12-01-2006, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by belleboyd
Secondly -- I used the Intelligent Suggestions.stvi before with Sage version 5(before I found out about the Sage MC plugin.) And while there is a suggestion schedule in SageMC ... I did like the other plugin better. The grouping and stuff was cool. Can i still use that or will it create a conflict?
Didn't even know that this existed ... I tried it, and it works just fine in SageMC (of course the themes don't match). Just rename the .stvi to .xml, and you are ready to go...

Quote:
I am hesitant to just go installing stuff .. it took me so long to get a stable system going that I am scared I'm going to hose something. I have trashed wiz.bin and .properties so many times .. I'll die if I do it again!

If there's a SageMC specific manual I didn't find it -- is there one? Thanks for any and all advice and comments.
Simple solution: before doing any drastic changes (simple importing of STVis should never cause any trouble because you can always reload the original SageMC_16x9.xml), make a copy of your whole SageTV directory with a different name (e.g. SageTV.backup). If you screw up, delete the current one and rename SageTV.backup back to SageTV, and everything is as before.

Dirk
Old 12-01-2006, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgley
I have managed to remove all the items off the initial menu, apart from my dvd, that just wont go.
Are you using 'MCE'-style main menu ? If so, did you do press 'Refresh Menu' after you removed the item ?

Quote:
Is it possible to click on the first menu to select my TV, I only seem to be able to do it with the keyboard
Again, if you are using 'MCE'-style main menu, then this is not possible (only the middle item is actually a selectable button, the other items are just text). But if you are using 'Sage'-style, this should work

Quote:
If I go into setup, advanced there is no option there to configure sagemc options.
This sounds to me like you are using using the old mlbdude-version of SageMC. If you go to the 'Settings' screen, do you see a 'SageMC STV version:' listed on the right side ? If not, please update to the latest SageMC STV for Saget TV5, which is 6.13a ....

Dirk
Old 12-01-2006, 07:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Strange, because it does for me ...

E.g. my layout is:

Code:
|
+ Camera
   +- 2004
       +- 05_06_2004
           +- pic001
           +- pic002
           +- ...
       +- 05_08_2004
           +- ...
   +- 2005
      +- ...
   +- ...
Camera is my import folder, and the picture library groups my pictures into their folders, I see

on the top level, and when I select 2004 I see folders for

05_06_2004
05_08_2004

etc.
Is this different to what you are seeing ?

Dirk
yes... I only see each individual picture displayed and there is no way to group them by folder. There is an option in the default stv to show all pics as one folder or to list in individual folders. SageMC does not seem to have that option so I cant view the pics in thier individual folders.

e.g.

pic 1 pic2
title1 title2

pic3 pic4
title3 title4

I have several picture import folders.... it just seems to be lumping them all together

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 12-01-2006, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
I have several picture import folders.... it just seems to be lumping them all together
So all your picture import folders contain the pictures directly, with no subfolder structure ? If so, is it possible for you to import the parent folder of the import folder instead ?

Dirk
Old 12-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
A tutorial I just finished on using DirMon2 and ShowAnalyzer in Sage.

http://www.dragonglobal.org/forums/showthread.php?t=562

There is a SageMC Wiki, that is kind of a user guide.

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169

(Dirk, might should put that Wiki link in your first post, or signature or something...it only shows up in the original SageMC thread...)

Thanks a lot! Now I have something to read over breakfast! With luck I can have this going by the time the crew comes over to catch up on Heroes tonight.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Yeah BBCritical if I am thinking right I believe you have multiple picture folders and have sage setup to import all those different folders(with no subfolders). Doing it this way will cause sage to combine them all together. The best way I know to do it is create one folder called "Pictures" or w/e. The put all the other folders containing pictures(if feasible) into the folder u just created called "Pictures". Then tell sage to only import that one folder called "Pictures" then you should see the structure. Hope I explained that right.

Miller
Old 12-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Here is a feature request-

Would it be possible for sageMC to be able to use the name of the folder that contains videos for the name used to search IMDB. For example, say I have a ripped movie that contains two files named a.avi and b.avi, in a folder named Superman. Would it be possible to use Superman to search IMDB automatically and treat the two files as 1 Superman.

For how my system is set up, that would be a bit cleaner.

Thanks
Closed Thread