SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12
I am not able to get the double press of the home to map to another screen.

I have enabled it in the menu and set it to "recorded TV" but it doesn't work. It just flashes the home screen when pressing it the second time. I have also tried mapping it to a number of other menus, and none of them seem to work.
Dont know if flachbar missed this... can anyone else confirm if it is working for them or not?
Old 01-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12
Dont know if flachbar missed this... can anyone else confirm if it is working for them or not?
I tried to get it work with the weather screen and I could not get it to work either. I assumed I was doing something wrong and moved on.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayslearnin
I tried to get it work with the weather screen and I could not get it to work either. I assumed I was doing something wrong and moved on.
I wonder if it depends on the speed between commands of your remote. I know mine is setup pretty slow...
Old 01-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I doubt it, mine is setup fast and i even tried doing it with the keyboard as fast as possible... neither worked.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I wonder if it depends on the speed between commands of your remote. I know mine is setup pretty slow...
Quote:
I doubt it, mine is setup fast and i even tried doing it with the keyboard as fast as possible... neither worked.
Ok, there might be a little misconception here... This is not something like a 'quick double-press' functionality (the Sage core does not support anything like this). Mapping a menu to pressing the 'Home' button twice means just that - you press 'Home' the first time to get to the Main menu, and you press 'Home' a second time to get to the menu you configured. It's just a convenient way to map one more menu without requiring another free button on the remote.

Do all of you with problems use the standard SageMC main menu ? I found that the new 'Home' listener has only been added to the dynamic main menu, which would explain that it's not working for the standard menu. This will be fixed in the next update.

If you are using dynamic menus, then maybe you are pressing the buttons too quick, so that the second 'Home' command gets executed before the Main menu is recognizing its commands.

Dirk
Old 01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewston
Just tried it and it doesn't appear to have made a difference (yes, I was being a doofus for not realising I could select it as an STV)

Tim
Quote:
Ditto.
So you both are saying that the dynamic URL's still won't work for you ? Strange, I tested it with

Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/uk/uk_summary_%Y%M%D12.jpg
and the map displays fine for me...

Dirk
Old 01-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
So you both are saying that the dynamic URL's still won't work for you ? Strange, I tested it with

Code:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/uk/uk_summary_%Y%M%D12.jpg
and the map displays fine for me...

Dirk
Yes, thats pretty much it. I just re-checked my sage.properties (Im not using service mode at the moment) and the URL is the same. Shall I gather some debug logs this evening ?

Thanks

Tim
Old 01-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Sage User

I wondered if anyone could explain the Custom1, Custom2, etc commands to me.

I saw them while i was playing with the RSS ticker, and i have no idea what they are and how they work... Even after spending 1/2 looking for info in the forums.

I have a Hauppauge 45 remote. Does that mean anything ?

Regards
Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_per
I wondered if anyone could explain the Custom1, Custom2, etc commands to me.

I saw them while i was playing with the RSS ticker, and i have no idea what they are and how they work... Even after spending 1/2 looking for info in the forums.

I have a Hauppauge 45 remote. Does that mean anything ?

Regards
These are custom menu items which you can link to aprticular pages available in SageMC. For example, you can change the name "Custom1" to "Google Videos," set the link to load the "Google Video Main" page, and enable "Custom1" on the main SageMC page by right clicking and setting the 'Show Custom1' option.

After re-loading, you'll see "Google Videos" on the main page, and clicking it will bring you to the Google Videos page.

That's my understanding at least.

-Dan
Old 01-04-2007, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yes, thats pretty much it. I just re-checked my sage.properties (Im not using service mode at the moment) and the URL is the same. Shall I gather some debug logs this evening ?

Thanks

Tim
Yeah, that would be a good idea. Please use the attached STV version, I added more debug logging...

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169-url-fix2.zip (457.2 KB, 202 views)
Old 01-04-2007, 11:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker
These are custom menu items which you can link to aprticular pages available in SageMC. For example, you can change the name "Custom1" to "Google Videos," set the link to load the "Google Video Main" page, and enable "Custom1" on the main SageMC page by right clicking and setting the 'Show Custom1' option.

After re-loading, you'll see "Google Videos" on the main page, and clicking it will bring you to the Google Videos page.

That's my understanding at least.

-Dan
Yep, everything Dan said is correct. But I think real_per was referring to the button mapping of the Custom1-Custom5 commands (yeah, I know I should have named the menu items differently to avoid confusion ). These are additional commands available in Sage and are usually used by STVi extensions. You can map any button on your remote to those commands, this can be done in Settings/Detailed Setup/Commands/Link Infrared/Key to SageTV command. So e.g. if a plugin uses 'Custom1' to invoke a certain function, you can map a remote button to 'Custom1' and invoke this function by pressing this button.

Dirk
Old 01-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

IMDb Imported media paths!?

Ok, so this is actually about the IMDb import since I am not running sagemc, however, it was suggested that I post this here because this issue may have been seen with sagemc.

Anyway, I haven't actually used this on imported media in a while, so I was a bit surprised to find that it wasn't working!

I never really had a reason to before, but now that the MVP can play DVDs, I like to rip my DVDs to an imported folder and watch them on the MVP when I'm ready. Anyway, when I wanted to check out some IMDb info, I noticed that the entire Sage path ("Recorded Shows/Movies/Snakes On A Plane") was used as the search string instead of just the last part. I tried it with some imported MPGs as well and had the same result ("Movies/Adult/Office Space" actually pulled up info for a documentary entitled, "How They Make Adult Movies" which, while humorous and entertaining, wasn't what I wanted").

Is there something I can change to edit this behavior? or is this a bug?

anyone else notice this?

oh, it works great for stuff SageTV recorded!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yeah, that would be a good idea. Please use the attached STV version, I added more debug logging...

Dirk
Dang, forgot to switch STVs (now the missus has comandeered the TV!) Anyway I can see the problem :

Thu 1/4 20:57:21.929 Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...y_07040112.jpg

The URL's somehow misconstructed. It should be :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/...y_07010412.jpg

I think we might have the classic US vs UK date format problem - ie we say 04/01 you guys say 01/04. Let me know if this enough or you want it re-run with that STV. I will convert the URL to %Y%D%M12.jpg and re-try in a bit...

2nd edit - that seems to have nailed it

Tim
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (94.0 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by brewston; 01-04-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Sage Icon

That was funny. Guess since his nomenclature is correct, he doesn't have to fix anything!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Is it possible to implement the intelligent sorting method like is available in the standard stv??

Also, if there were some way to differentiate between scheduled recordings and IR's with a visual?? Something non-intrusive like perhaps a different color font or italicized fonts on IR's??
Old 01-04-2007, 08:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I think we might have the classic US vs UK date format problem - ie we say 04/01 you guys say 01/04. Let me know if this enough or you want it re-run with that STV. I will convert the URL to %Y%D%M12.jpg and re-try in a bit...

2nd edit - that seems to have nailed it

Tim
Although swapping the template parameters does work, I'm still looking for a 'clean' solution . Could you try the new attached version ?

Dirk
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageMC_169-url-fix3.zip (457.2 KB, 197 views)
Old 01-04-2007, 08:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChePazzo
Is there something I can change to edit this behavior? or is this a bug?
If it's the same issue (and I think it is), then there is nothing you can do, other than hoping (or asking) that the STVi author will fix this in the plugin eventually.

Dirk
Old 01-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Hi technazz,

could you enable debug logging and post the log file after the ticker has stopped working ?

Dirk
Sorry it took so long but here's my log.

Technazz
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (550.4 KB, 193 views)
Old 01-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok, there might be a little misconception here... This is not something like a 'quick double-press' functionality (the Sage core does not support anything like this). Mapping a menu to pressing the 'Home' button twice means just that - you press 'Home' the first time to get to the Main menu, and you press 'Home' a second time to get to the menu you configured. It's just a convenient way to map one more menu without requiring another free button on the remote.

Do all of you with problems use the standard SageMC main menu ? I found that the new 'Home' listener has only been added to the dynamic main menu, which would explain that it's not working for the standard menu. This will be fixed in the next update.

If you are using dynamic menus, then maybe you are pressing the buttons too quick, so that the second 'Home' command gets executed before the Main menu is recognizing its commands.

Dirk
Yes, I am using the SageMC Main Menu. I tried switching to the dynamic menus, but nothing worked when I tried selecting any of the menu items. So, ive had to go back to the standard SageMC menus.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Sage Icon

I can't seem to find the *Conversions* menu item? Is that missing?
Closed Thread